What was the last LED light you purchased and why?

Impossible lumens

Enlightened
MM15MBvn because each dollar got me 63 lumens and it should be a very high quality item to boot. That is to say, the price was right.

Last edited:

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry, I made
The change from Photobucket to drop box and can only post the links....
For this post, instead of just the last light I bought,
I am including the last 3 weeks, which have been an epic purchase of some lights I have wanted for a long time that just became available. In the first photo is a Four Sevens Maelstrom S-18 with the SST-90(beautiful white pure beam), but in the same photo is my actual very latest purchase, an identical light to the S-18 renamed the Maelstrom MMU-HD. In between these two behemoths is my latest from PK Design Labs, the Pocket Rocket(PK PR-1, and two PK PL-2's, one black, one in Rainbow Titanium(the silver one is on its way). The next photo has some new; Sigma-18650(similar to theTri-EDC), then my PK FL2 LE, the PR-1 and two PL-2's, the two lights as a collaboration between Four Sevens and PK, the Knight(all Black), and the Paladin(blue PVD). Then the Titanium Firefly, with eight trits and a beautiful Nichia 219b. Next to that the Xeno Cube in stainless steel-I always wanted one, and just a few days ago the opportunity presented itself. The a Quantum D2 in stainless steel(I carried the brown D2 for years, and the person who sold me the cube also sold me the next 3 lights, the D2, DQG Titanium Spy and DQG Brass Fairy. In addition to the lights, I replaced my Xtar VC4 that I accidentally burned up, and in addition to the Nitecore and VP-2 I just purchased the VC2 and VC2 Plus. Finally, the last photo is all the PK Lights together for a family photo op. So why the mass purchase of lights you ask? Well, I am about to go into the hospital and there is a fair shot one of my legs may not come out with me. I had a total knee replacement, and it is now broken and infected (when I walk you can audibly hear broken bone go "crunch" when I step down and "cathunk" when I pick up the leg for the next step. Depending on how bad it is when they open me up, they may remove the knee joint, keep me flat on my back for 3 months while infusing antibiotics into the space the knee should be. If that works, then they will put in a new titanium knee and pray there is enough bone for it to take. Sorry for the sob story, but if I am stuck in bed for three months or more I may as well do some reviews and have some fun with my lights....

Https://www.dropbox.com/s/5capaorer4e2m3t/Photo Aug 20, 6 25 43 PM.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u3qydd5hp2i2eb5/Photo Aug 04, 4 14 39 PM.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rb6pvyku7pqsynu/Photo Jul 22, 1 35 50 PM.jpg?dl=0

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Sorry, I made
The change from Photobucket to drop box and can only post the links....
For this post, instead of just the last light I bought,
I am including the last 3 weeks, which have been an epic purchase of some lights I have wanted for a long time that just became available. In the first photo is a Four Sevens Maelstrom S-18 with the SST-90(beautiful white pure beam), but in the same photo is my actual very latest purchase, an identical light to the S-18 renamed the Maelstrom MMU-HD. In between these two behemoths is my latest from PK Design Labs, the Pocket Rocket(PK PR-1, and two PK PL-2's, one black, one in Rainbow Titanium(the silver one is on its way). The next photo has some new; Sigma-18650(similar to theTri-EDC), then my PK FL2 LE, the PR-1 and two PL-2's, the two lights as a collaboration between Four Sevens and PK, the Knight(all Black), and the Paladin(blue PVD). Then the Titanium Firefly, with eight trits and a beautiful Nichia 219b. Next to that the Xeno Cube in stainless steel-I always wanted one, and just a few days ago the opportunity presented itself. The a Quantum D2 in stainless steel(I carried the brown D2 for years, and the person who sold me the cube also sold me the next 3 lights, the D2, DQG Titanium Spy and DQG Brass Fairy. In addition to the lights, I replaced my Xtar VC4 that I accidentally burned up, and in addition to the Nitecore and VP-2 I just purchased the VC2 and VC2 Plus. Finally, the last photo is all the PK Lights together for a family photo op. So why the mass purchase of lights you ask? Well, I am about to go into the hospital and there is a fair shot one of my legs may not come out with me. I had a total knee replacement, and it is now broken and infected (when I walk you can audibly hear broken bone go "crunch" when I step down and "cathunk" when I pick up the leg for the next step. Depending on how bad it is when they open me up, they may remove the knee joint, keep me flat on my back for 3 months while infusing antibiotics into the space the knee should be. If that works, then they will put in a new titanium knee and pray there is enough bone for it to take. Sorry for the sob story, but if I am stuck in bed for three months or more I may as well do some reviews and have some fun with my lights....

Https://www.dropbox.com/s/5capaorer4e2m3t/Photo Aug 20, 6 25 43 PM.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u3qydd5hp2i2eb5/Photo Aug 04, 4 14 39 PM.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rb6pvyku7pqsynu/Photo Jul 22, 1 35 50 PM.jpg?dl=0

Ouch!!!
Best regards man. Holy Cow!!!

My wife saw my silver PL-2 and says "that's pretty, will you buy me one?"
I handed her a box'd one and said "this dude at CPF said his wife wanted his rainbow one so knowing you like silver stuff I bought you one too."
Hey, she bought me a pizza later.

Dam I'm still getting a visual of your trick knee. Ouch!!
Old age or accident?

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
Nice new additions eddie:cool:, hope everything works out good and quick for you. You have been through too much already! Another obstacle in your way which you will jump over and beat! We will see you about on here!

fyrstormer

Banned
I got the same Olight as you, liked it so much I also ordered the S1 in polished titanium and in copper. I also ordered a pair of the black S1 from Massdrop to give as gifts. The rose gold bezel on the titanium S1 is very subtle.

The next one I get is probably going to be a Nitecore TIP, then a TIP CRI 5000K.
I have a bit of a conundrum. I bought two of the black aluminum version with the blue accents, and one of the polished titanium version with the rose-gold accents. I really like the way the aluminum ones look, and I like the fact that I can lock-out the aluminum ones by loosening the tailcap slightly. However, I *also* really like the way I can drop a titanium light in my pocket and not wonder if it's going to come out with shiny new scratches, because there's no anodizing to scratch off. I also prefer the tint of the titanium version. But I don't want to keep both versions; I'd much rather have just one version and not have to choose between them whenever I want to use one. This would be a much easier choice if I could get the titanium version with blue accents, because I'm really not digging the rose-gold accents. Of course, the titanium version would have to be limited-edition, wouldn't it, so I can't just send it back and reconsider buying one again in the future if I feel like it.

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Nice new additions eddie:cool:, hope everything works out good and quick for you. You have been through too much already! Another obstacle in your way which you will jump over and beat! We will see you about on here!

That jumping over part may be what lead to the floppy knee. lol

How about going around it this time?

Sann

Newly Enlightened
Mecarmy SGN3 and PT16 is my favorite,very innovative!
PT16 small but 1000lumens,has Strobe function
SGN3 has UV,SOS,White.
Love love love.

fyrstormer

Banned
In what is a first for me, I tried the aluminum and titanium versions of the Olight S1 Baton and decided to send the titanium version back. I prefer the blue accents on the aluminum version, and I also appreciate that I can actually lock-out the light by loosening the tailcap. The ThruNite T10T, less than half the price of the titanium version of the Olight S1 Baton, has the ability to lock-out the light even though the threads are raw titanium and thus electrically conductive -- the fact that Olight couldn't manage something similar with their more expensive light is disappointing. But I still like the way it works well enough that I'm keeping the aluminum version.

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just got a silver PKDL PL-2 in Silver. PK provided a rainbow and Black PL-2 for testing and I was so impressed I had to complete the trio. I need to order another PK PR-1, I use it so much if I lost it, I would truly be lost....

terjee

Enlightened
I'm not sure which was the last, probably either Klarus XT11S or EagleTac D25LC2 Nichia.

I bought them because of something I'm sure most flashaholics (flashoholics?) would be jealous of;

I actually don't have enough lights. ;-)

(I'm working on it though...)

The EagTac because I have the D25LC2 with another emitter, and I'm very pleased with it. On turbo and high, it's much more light than I actually need from an EDC-light (backpack). The Nichia-version has a lower output (which is desirable), and also high CRI (also desirable). I knew I might want the Nichia-version as well when I got the first, but wanted both if I was pleased with the first.

The Klarus XT11S in large part because of reviews here on CPF. Hoping it will serve me well as a primary light when hiking, or otherwise not covered by my EDC-lights.

shipwreck

Enlightened
Bought two Fenix TK16s this week. First one was for a carbine. After i got it and played with it - I liked it enough to buy a 2nd one as an every day carry. It is replacing my Nightcore SRT6 that I have carried 2 years.

Last edited:

oKtosiTe

Enlightened
Bought two Fenix TK16s this week. First one was for a carbine. After i got it and played with it - I liked it enough to buy a 2nd one as an every day carry. It is replacing my Olight SRT6 that I have carried 2 years.
Hang on a second there... :poke:

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Acebeam K70vn.

Why? Because my collection lacks a dedicated thrower.

Why the Acebeam K70, instead of others of this class?

Because:

Holster is included.

Vens' killer beamshots are killer.

User configurable batteries, no need to drag additional charger around.

Stainless steel bezel; lights with stainless steel bezels look like a million bucks.

Upper limit of throw, without extra extra head diameter, and without extra extra weight.

Single emitter provides lovely dedicated thrower beam profile.

Not an all arounder, but lights that widen the spectrum of a collection are usually not all arounders.

Nice build quality in addition to the low price.

Last edited:

knotgoofy

Newly Enlightened
Due to frequent brownouts in our place, I purchased a 1W LED searchlight plus a 16 LED lantern. It has a USB socket and with built in Solar Panel. I guess, the latter makes it very economical and has a low price. I even got it by trading my old defective flashlight and even got a big discount.