When did you order your HDS?

Snareman

Enlightened
Actually, this is on the first page:
The EDC RotaryTM flashlight is hereThe revolutionary EDC Rotary flashlight allows you to completely adjust the brightness level with a simple twist of the rotary control.There is currently a significant backlog so it may take a few weeks to ship new orders.

Even "a few weeks" is WAY misleading. To me, "a few" means 3-4, not 52+.

diesel79

Enlightened
It is a good thing we are all flashaholics and know about the wait from being a part of this forum. I placed my order in January thinking everything was moving along, but who knows how much backlog there is and if he has enough parts to fill said backlog. To me it seems as if there is a lull in people receiving lights.

baexmeyer

Newly Enlightened
It is a good thing we are all flashaholics and know about the wait from being a part of this forum. I placed my order in January thinking everything was moving along, but who knows how much backlog there is and if he has enough parts to fill said backlog. To me it seems as if there is a lull in people receiving lights.

I think you are right about the lull. I have not seen or heard of anyone recently receiving their light. I have not been waiting 400+ days, but at over 200 now, it is starting to wear on me.

xevious

Flashlight Enthusiast
Actually, this is on the first page:
The EDC RotaryTM flashlight is hereThe revolutionary EDC Rotary flashlight allows you to completely adjust the brightness level with a simple twist of the rotary control.There is currently a significant backlog so it may take a few weeks to ship new orders.
Yeah, "back log" is mentioned there but still intimating "a few weeks"... which as others pointed out, is a serious understatement.

Given how many people have ordered, I just don't see how difficult it would be to create a template e-mail message and then just send it to all buyers in wait, with adjustments on the estimates for each run. Not doing so suggests that either the information is unknown (perhaps due to long external delays from dependence on 3rd parties), or that there is some impediment on communicating it. Either way, the cost of communicating is seriously cheap. Even just a "quick update" with an apology without estimates would be appreciated, so that people aren't kept in the dark.

doctordun

Enlightened
Many have said, as I have, should he ever get caught up and actually delivering on the two week schedule, I will be first in line with a new order!!!!
It's amazing to me that he doesn't respond in hardly any way to what is going on here on this forum. Surely he is aware of it.

Roccomo

Enlightened
It's amazing to me that he doesn't respond in hardly any way to what is going on here on this forum. Surely he is aware of it.

Yeah, we'd all like more info but it's probably better if he doesn't come on here regularly with updates because if he cant live up to them that just opens him up to attack. This leads to nowhere good. IMO He probably should have stopped taking pre orders all together about a year ago.

Im not even 90 days in and my patience is mostly gone. Im only letting this ride because past experience with Henry and his lights has been very good. That said I would not have pre ordered at all if his site had more accurate details of the current situation on it. I didn't know about the year wait when I ordered because I haven't been on this site that often in the last couple years.

xevious

Flashlight Enthusiast
^ Congrats! I wonder if this is a good sign that the back log is being chipped away with greater momentum.

ar_wanton

Newly Enlightened
My rotary is supposed to ship this week. Needless to say, I ain't holding my breathe. Its been over a year.

ZombieBob

Newly Enlightened
I would love to have one of these lights, but just don't have to patience to wait as long as some of you all are doing. I keep watching this thread, waiting for a lot of good news, and then I will order one (or two). I commend you all for your loyalty, and this must be one heck of a light. Hopefully I will get to see just how good they are for myself someday!

Quiksilver

Enlightened
I would love to have one of these lights, but just don't have to patience to wait as long as some of you all are doing. I keep watching this thread, waiting for a lot of good news, and then I will order one (or two). I commend you all for your loyalty, and this must be one heck of a light. Hopefully I will get to see just how good they are for myself someday!

I don't think they're worth the wait.

Definitely one of the best lights on the market though, and if there was a modest (2-4 week) waiting time I'd suggest getting a handful of them.

However a 1.5 YEAR wait IMO is just not worth it to me.

I waited 3 months for mine.

DrewDT

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone know where the new expectation to be caught up with back orders is? The pattern has been as we approach the current deadline it gets extended by a couple months. I've recently heard by the end of January then the end of February, then the end of March.

jrk

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone know where the new expectation to be caught up with back orders is? The pattern has been as we approach the current deadline it gets extended by a couple months. I've recently heard by the end of January then the end of February, then the end of March.

I received this response on 3/16: "We expect to catch up with the backlog by May." The pattern holds.

DrewDT

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the update; sometimes this HDS odyssey makes me feel like a proverbial mule laboring in hopes of finally getting the carrot dangling in front of me.

Edi

Newly Enlightened
Ive been given the may estimate now aswell. This is after the previous January, February estimates...

Imon

Enlightened
This really is unfortunate...

For first time HDS owners this would probably spoil one's feelings on a terrific light. The expectations would be impossibly sky-high after more than a year of waiting.

I waited a little over 13 months for my high CRI Clicky and now I feel like I'm part of a lucky few who actually received a light (except for the.Mtn.Man, who somehow received his light way before all of us :p). To those who are deciding to bail out now, if you have never owned a HDS before, I urge you to reconsider. The reason why I stuck around and waited and waited was because there simply is no other light on the market like a HDS.

I suppose you could catch one on the secondary market, CPFMP or some other place, paying a premium to get an almost unobtainable light now doesn't seem too bad.