Ti Nautilus with XML2 5000K
McGizmo Haiku 123 with High CRI 119 "L" driven at 1.2 A with GDUP
McGizmo Haiku AA with DatiLED XPG2 5000K driven at 1.4 A
and of course front and center:
HDS Rotary High CRI.

Holsters are by Thor.

Strawberries are in my belly.

eala

Another CPF brother with tastes very much like my own! Excellent lights you have there, Muyshondt, McG and HDS are among my very favorites as well. :thumbsup:

sqchram

Newly Enlightened
It came! Almost eight months to the day 8/17/12 bigger and heavier than I figured. I was really impressed/surprised that it came with a duracell cr123 inside so I didn't need to steal an rcr from my sunwayman or 4sevens mini 123. Going to check it out in the yard tonight. Everythings blooming :)

Oh its a rotary, high cri, standard glass, silver bezel, flush button.

8652794545_4555c6cda9_c.jpg

8652795451_cc1bc36f42_c.jpg

8653897652_1d58841dd7_c.jpg

8652797267_3c008deea9_c.jpg

8653899348_f0eb47dd30_c.jpg

Last edited:

Fubs

Newly Enlightened
There doesn't seem to be a definite pattern of these lights being delivered is there? In another thread, someone just got theirs today when they ordered in April. Now in this thread, sqchram ordered in August and got his today as well. Either way, I'm glad to see that they are being delivered! I just hope I get mine soon too (ordered last week of December 2012). I've got my fingers crossed! I'm getting pretty tired of being excited every day when the mail man comes like a dog hearing someone at the door haha.

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Personally, I think that any order that was placed after July of 2012 shouldn't be immediately expected.

Grizz

jrk

Newly Enlightened
High CRI rotary received 4/16/13, ordered 8/29/12. Standard glass, silver bezel, flush button.

DrewDT

Newly Enlightened
Looks like the rotaries are coming in! I just received mine today. Ordered 9/12/2012
120lm, uc glass, blk bezel and body, raised btn.
The interesting thing is I have a clicky ordered 3 months prior (June 2012) with sapphire glass that I am still waiting for.

tjswarbrick

Enlightened
So glad to see people getting lights in under a year now.
I noticed that, too - people were getting Rotaries ordered after I ordered my Clicky. Not sure if the clicky parts are more scarce, or if there's just a larger backlog for the non-spinny lights. Still, my clicky came in about 3 weeks after documented similar rotaries that were ordered around the same time. YMMV, of course.

sqchram

Newly Enlightened
not a HDS related question but can i ask what the top orange knife is?

Rick Hinderer XM-24. 4" S35VN blade. Spanto, flipper, orange G10 scale. Weighs 7.9 oz and can cut apart an M1 Abrahams! It looks the size of the 3.5" para2 and sebenza because its in the back.

plaguem

Enlightened
That's the Hinderer XM. Looks like a spanto grind. Judging by size compared to the Para2, I'd hazard a guess that it's a 3.5" XM-18.
Rick Hinderer XM-24. 4" S35VN blade. Spanto, flipper, orange G10 scale. Weighs 7.9 oz and can cut apart an M1 Abrahams! It looks the size of the 3.5" para2 and sebenza because its in the back.

Thanks. It's purty. And apparently hard to get from what little I've heard about Hinderers.

Neeway, back on topic. :)

argo

Newly Enlightened
Just ordered my first HDS, well two of them.
Ordered 18th April 2013

Anticipating the arrival of
EDC Custom Clicky Item 200 lm, sapphire, blk bzl and bdy, 123, blk d clip, flush btn, tactical
EDC Tactical 170 lumens flashlight black bezel, black body, raised button, single 123 battery

Let the wait begin!

ScottyJ

Enlightened
Ordered 18th April 2013

EDC Custom Clicky Item 200 lm, sapphire, blk bzl and bdy, 123, blk d clip, flush btn, tactical
EDC Tactical 170 lumens flashlight black bezel, black body, raised button, single 123 battery

Let the wait begin!

Since you got 2 might I suggest adding a third...a high cri rotary? :)

AZPops

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ordered 18th April 2013

Let the wait begin!

Great entrance argo, and welcome to CPF! Congrats on your orders as well! ... :thumbsup:

nargalzius

Newly Enlightened
Ordered mine end of March. A (custom) Rotary HCRI, raised button, sapphire.

I'm kinda HOPING that the reason a lot of orders are coming in now is that Henry's finally got his production in shape.

I mailed him about the 2-week lead time advertised in the HDS site, but he mentioned that it's more of 8-10 weeks.

Not that I mind either way (given how long others have been waiting) but what I don't get is why advertise such lead times when it's obviously more than that? Isn't it simple enough to change the website to say "within a year" or responding realistically.

But again, like I said, perhaps he HAS already got the production in order and can actually promise 8-10 weeks - that would mean everyone on a backlog would be getting theirs soon, and those who have just ordered wouldn't have to wait as long. I'm hoping that indeed is the case.

argo

Newly Enlightened
Since you got 2 might I suggest adding a third...a high cri rotary? :)

Hi ScottyJ, was thinking about a high cri model during the ordering process, but had to show some restraint with the finances. A future acquisition cannot be ruled out. :)

Great entrance argo, and welcome to CPF! Congrats on your orders as well! ... :thumbsup:

Hi AZPops, thanks for the welcome. :) Heard such positive things about HDS thought I'd better get onboard.

Don't mind the wait as my order is in the system. Though it'll be interesting to see how long the backorder is.

Nickmen

Newly Enlightened
Hi guys,

i odered an EDC 120 last week but i found a used one in a german forum and i couldn't resist. I emailed henry and told him that i want to cancel my order. That's three days ago and i didn't get any reply. How long should i wait for a second email? What's your experience?

greetings from germany

Nick