Where are Cree LED's manufactured

Status
Not open for further replies.

kilgor

Enlightened
Re: I don't mean to tick anyone off...............

Frank_Zuccarini, Big_Ed, kilgor, Lightmax… One or two of you are stepping rather close to the line with your comments about the actions of moderators. However perhaps if I explain my thinking, you will understand.

1. I pointed out to the OP, Albinoni, that his question COULD have been answered by a quick and extremely simple Google search. I did not say that was what he SHOULD have done. I did it to illustrate that it was possible.

2. If his question had been a completely pointless or frivolous one, or had been asked countless times before, I would have closed the thread.

3. However, despite the fact that it would have been extremely simple to look up the answer, I left the thread open – because it happened to be an interesting question, and the answers (and subsequent related discussion) would probably be of interest to other members, as indeed it has been.

4. However, as LEDninja has pointed out, CPF would be totally swamped if everyone posted a new thread every time they had a question. A correct balance has to be struck.

5. Albinoni has an enquring mind, which is good, and he has many questions. Some of his questions have merited new threads, and others have not. This one – in my opinion - was worthwhile. Others weren't, and those threads were closed. He is in the process of learning the difference.

6. So Frank_Zuccarini, Big_Ed, kilgor and Lightmax, if you read my post #3 again, you will see that I actually agree with you on the important issue here – this question WAS worthy of an answer and follow-up discussion, and that was precisely why I left it open. Do you see that now?

7. Where I would NOT agree with you is with any implication that a moderator might be getting "miffed", or "bent out of shape" about something like this. Quite apart from that being untrue, it is against CPF rules to make suggestions of that nature in the open forum. If you have any disagreements with any actions taken by moderators, they should be dealt with by PM.

I keep getting included as a trouble maker that is questioning a moderator's direct actions. I have not. I merely agreed with Frank_Zuccarin's post which suggested that newcomers bring a fresh perspective to things and without the original poster asking this question, I would not even have thought to google it.

Because of him I now know where Cree LED's are made and that they recently bought a Chinese company and will be packaging them in China in the future.

I'm now less ignorant than I was before. :D

You are certainly free to run CPF as you choose. I was just agreeing with the general sentiment that new posters add to the board. Feel free to disregard.

DM51

Flashaholic

Kilgor, that is quite enough from you.

Read the Rules, in particular Rule #6.

Instead of whining that you "keep getting included as a trouble maker", you should instead ask yourself why that might be.

I strongly suggest you review your attitude.

Gunner12

Flashaholic

The P4 is only one bin of the Cree XR-E LED series(And only for the Cree XR-E LED series form that I know), look here for bin codes.

Cree XR-E white LED bins in order of output/efficiency(Known right now, red = not out yet):
P2
P3
P4
Q2
Q3
Q4
Q5
R2
R3
R4

Albinoni, I understand that you are really interested in this new hobby but some of your questions can easily be answered with a simple search(Google on the top of the page or the forum's search engine).

Wait till you start modding;)

kilgor

Enlightened

Kilgor, that is quite enough from you.

Instead of whining that you "keep getting included as a trouble maker", you should instead ask yourself why that might be.

I strongly suggest you review your attitude.

By "keep getting included as a trouble maker," I meant in this thread. I have had no other issues in any other thread that I'm aware of. All I had posted in this thread up to that point was a thumbs up symbol about what I thought was a very reasonable post by another poster.

I have to admit that I'm very confused by your attitude on the matter. I do not feel that I've expressed any kind of disrespectful attitude to merit your response to me.

Lightmax

Newly Enlightened

Frank_Zuccarini, Big_Ed, kilgor, Lightmax… One or two of you are stepping rather close to the line with your comments about the actions of moderators. However perhaps if I explain my thinking, you will understand.

For a topic that everyone appears to agree with (posting questions) this thread has generated a considerable amount of negativity.

Reading through the various posts, the reason that anything was ever said, was the fact that several people took offense to the response to the "newbie" question.

I've spent some time reading Rule #6 "Whining and compaining about the rules" I've selected a couple of excerpts that seem relevant to this discussion.

"Should we just have one big forum and you can post any topic you want in it and use any kind of language and insult other members and just generally run amok? "

So far, in the posts that I have read, the language has been controlled, with no personal insults being levied.

"The moderators and administrators of CPF are around in order to keep order. Do not whine or complain about the rules and do not abuse the moderators or administrators for enforcing the rules." It is very disruptive to the board when gripes take over a thread. Take them off the board in either private messages or email

Keeping order is generally a good thing. No one in this thread was advocating anarchy. Nor was anyone advocating abuse towards a moderator. Nor was any abuse levied against a moderator.

However, there was objective criticism in how the original poster "Albinoni" appeared to be treated. As an offer of proof and clarity, I have attached the public posts that probably were not as professional as they could have been.

1) "I have already closed 2 of your threads today, but I will leave this one open for the time being so that people can discuss the other aspects of your question. " (DM51)

2) "Where I would NOT agree with you is with any implication that a moderator might be getting "miffed", or "bent out of shape" about something like this. Quite apart from that being untrue, it is against CPF rules to make suggestions of that nature in the open forum. If you have any disagreements with any actions taken by moderators, they should be dealt with by PM." (DM51)

3) "Kilgor, that is quite enough from you.
I strongly suggest you review your attitude." (DM51)

I think that it would be fair to say that quote #1 precipated the numerous posts from other members. Should this post (quote #1) been a PM? Yes. This public post did not come accross in a professional manner.

Quote #2 came accross again as very strong, holding very tightly to Rule #6 "Whining and compaining about the rules". As far as commenting on a moderator possibly being upset with a poster, I call them like I see them. So did several others.

Quote #3 was clearly a personal attack that was broadcast into the public realm. Where was the private mail on this? Does rule #6 "Whining and compaining about the rules" apply to everyone?

"The mods are riding Albinoni for a reason." (LEDninja) Again, here is a sentimate from a public post, referring to a perception that the original poster (Albinoni) was under scrutiny by a moderator, public in nature.

Furthermore, It's not solely my opinion that there was a issue with professionalism.

"I have to admit that I'm very confused by your attitude on the matter. I do not feel that I've expressed any kind of disrespectful attitude to merit your response to me." (Kilgor)

Everyone should be treated with professionalism, in both directions.

Lightmax

Last edited:

SilverFox

Flashaholic

In my most professional manner...

I believe the original question of this thread has been answered. The other discussions can be addressed in a PM, so it looks like this thread has run its course.

Thread Closed.

Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.