which flashlight do you use with your gun?

iapyx

Enlightened
That would definitly be illegal in the United States, just as cane guns, hat guns, gloveguns, zip guns and other improvised firearms are illegal to even own without special licenses and documentation much less actually carry and use.

Here in the NL it's even illegal to have a gun on you, luckily. To own a gun you will need a very special permission.
The photo of the Maglite flashlight and gun in one was more to make people smile. I don't even want to have a gun.

Size15's

Flashaholic
Please lets keep this thread on topic.
For Gun-owners / firearms users to inform us of the flashlights they use in conjunction with their firearms.

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
For my 870 Marine Magnum I have a SF 918FA w/ an FM15 and a AA Mini-M*g w/ 1 watt LED/IQ Switch and Red lens off to the left (I modded a regular 1" weaver scope ring w/ some 3/4" rubber hose, and it's pretty snug), and it basically serves the same function as the red LED Nav lights on the M-900. For my hand gun (S&W .40 Sigma) I have a Insight M-4. Due to the closed rail, this is the only light that will fit as far as I know?. But I always carry a G2/6P w/ a P-61/P60L to use in cojuction w/the M-4. on my S&W.

BIGIRON

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK, since 15's got us back on the straight and narrow.....

A 9P w P91 bedside w/ the Commander 45.

A G2Z w/P61 in the beltpouch with the KelTec P40. Usually lives in the truck but goes on hikes, in the boat, etc.

An E0D or L1T in the front pocket opposit the KelTec P3AT. These are all-the-time EDC lights, not gun lights.

IPSC_GUY

Newly Enlightened
In sight M6X on an STI, Dawson built .40cal.

camoform009.jpg

IPSC_GUY
SIERRA II ALPHA

Last edited:

Nathan

Enlightened
I have a SF X200B on my G34. The broad beam is perfect for the typical gunfight range of 5 to 10 yards.

I like to have my other had free for other important tasks - opening/closing doors, pushing family members out of the way, calling 911 when the perp is detained, etc.

Federal LG

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use a Surefire L1 (not weapon mounted).

SF L1 in my left hand, and my glock .40 in the right hand!

SunStar

Enlightened
SF M3 / Z48 on carbine. I like the form factor and its versatility regarding standard bezel, turbohead and choice of lamps (MN10, MN11, MN15, MN16).

SF M4 / Z48 on rifle for long range varmint sniping.

X200 for various handguns.

Accompanying handhelds always include one of the following at minimum: C2/LFHO-9; 9Z/Pyrex Window/LOTC/P90, P91; or C3/Shock Isolated Bezel/LFEO-9, P91

Brownstone

Enlightened
Do you find the beamshaper more comfortable in CQB, right?

Me? No, I primarily use the beamshaper as a fancy lens cap to protect the window. When I drill for HD with the light I always flip it open, so that is instinctive to me.

If for some reason I was using the light for general illumination I would probably flip the diffuser down.

Just an FYI - I'm pretty sure that these old beamshapers were made for SureFire by Butler Creek. It looks just like the scope covers they make.

Tao

Newly Enlightened
Until tonight, I had a scorpion on my 870 HD/Zombie Preparedness rig.

I just opened up the Fenix TK10 box and put it on there, which I'll take pictures of and post tomorrow.

The mount and rail are both from DX.

muzzle.jpg

Last edited:

boonsht

Newly Enlightened
I use a SF6p with Malkoff in conjunction with my Glock 19.

For my AR-15, I'm trying to see how well the Solarforce L2 with R2 cree will hold up. It's mounted in a Vikings Tactical Offset mount. 300 rounds and still works perfect.

NA8

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you want a small forward clicky for EDC, a little Fenix L1Tv2 will work. The new switch on the Q2 version is excellent. A little more substantial feel than the original.

carryxq0.jpg

Last edited:

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use a SF6p with Malkoff in conjunction with my Glock 19.

For my AR-15, I'm trying to see how well the Solarforce L2 with R2 cree will hold up. It's mounted in a Vikings Tactical Offset mount. 300 rounds and still works perfect.

For a Glock 19 and similar doesn't the 6P extend in front of the muzzle to where it would be getting muzzle flash a lot? It seems it would end up with a fair amount of damage that way. Also seems like it would throw off the balance of the gun when shooting and would effect the action of the Glock. I'm only guessing on this as I have no lights directly mounted on any Glocks but I'm looking at this option now. I assumed I'd need a shorter light??

boonsht

Newly Enlightened
For a Glock 19 and similar doesn't the 6P extend in front of the muzzle to where it would be getting muzzle flash a lot? It seems it would end up with a fair amount of damage that way. Also seems like it would throw off the balance of the gun when shooting and would effect the action of the Glock. I'm only guessing on this as I have no lights directly mounted on any Glocks but I'm looking at this option now. I assumed I'd need a shorter light??

I actually do not mount the 6P to the Glock 19 as I feel more comfortable using the Harries technique or FBI technique. Those feel natural to me. YMMV.

More info here:
http://www.surefire.com/maxexp/main/co_disp/displ/pgrfnbr/557/sesent/00