• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

WTS: HL55vn - Brightest Headlamp

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
HL55vn - Brightest Headlamp

Must Read & Agree Before Purchase

HC90vn Turbo VS HL55vn High VS HL55vn Turbo

Factory Link Click Here

HL55vn:
2.95A HL55 Turbo = ~ 1000 LED lumen with Neutral White 5000K
4.35A HL55vn Turbo = 1300 LED lumen with Neutral White 5000K
- XML2 Neutral White ~ 4500-5000K
- All UI as factory
- Unconfirmed lumen output but appears brighter than HC90vn even with NW LED
- Reliable under heavy tortured test
- Simple and durable switch design. HC90vn slider can be finicky
- Great heat sinking design
- Beautiful beam and tint

$90 Shipped USA

+$10 for International Shipping
+$25 XML2 U4 Cool White
+$5 for "V54" hand engraved

Paypal/Email/Subscribe:
[email protected]
If you want shipping insurance please ask

Last edited:

jhovan

Newly Enlightened
What's the burst mode run time? I see they give no spec on it. Is this a heat build up conversation?

CyclingSalmon14

Enlightened
What's the burst mode run time? I see they give no spec on it. Is this a heat build up conversation?
Only 30 seconds, which suck IMO should have been 2mins, I think the heat sinking looks fine to handle it...I kind of wish they kept the burst mode from off and whenever as its usefull but also added a permanent burst...but I guess running at that high current would eat batterys very quickly so this is a good way to get the lumens when you need them and keep the runtimes up, after all do you really need more than 600 lumens on your head at close range...three hours 45mins to on stock.I dont mind the lack of turbo mode and only a burst but wish it was extended to 90-120 seconds. Ah well will still be a amazing headlamp!

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
I didn't even know there was a Burst Mode! the beam shot is just the High mode!!! I gotta go check it out!!!

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Ok just checked it out. Burst mode is BRIGHT!!! LOL New beamshots tonight!!!

b8llzblue

Flashlight Enthusiast
i cant find info on the UI.
is there only one button, and you have to cycle all modes to turn off? or you have to hold onto button?
wasnt the hc90vn about 800 lumens on turbo? and this hl55vn on high is already brighter....cant wait to see turbo!

CUL8R

Enlightened
Might be time to replace my nitecore HC50. Its my current all purpose headlamp for backpacking trips. The HL55vn will have similar modes (although no low light red leds) and just a wee bit more output. :)

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Might be time to replace my nitecore HC50. Its my current all purpose headlamp for backpacking trips. The HL55vn will have similar modes (although no low light red leds) and just a wee bit more output. :)

should be more than a "wee bit"