• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

WTS: HL55vn - Brightest Headlamp

tyxxvxl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Damn, that is bright!!
I'm thinking about getting one just so I can go on night time bike rides and blind all the cars in front of me!
Wait I would have to buy a bike too........

CyclingSalmon14

Enlightened
Damn, that is bright!!
I'm thinking about getting one just so I can go on night time bike rides and blind all the cars in front of me!
Wait I would have to buy a bike too........

LOL, I have BC30 + A triple P60 on way for that, 1800LED lumens for P60 j 1800 OFT (Stock) but VN a tad more lumens for BC30vn.

A mere 3600lumens on my bike...er LOL, just enough ahahah.

CyclingSalmon14

Enlightened
Hmm attach HL55vn with Velcro for a cool 4500-4800ish lumens then, that's almost like a 2014 lupine betty ahahaha!

No one needs that on a bike...I ride happily with 200lumens most of the time but could ride with an a little as 60-80 I guess.

But 4500...I have to try that just for the giggles! I'd proberky get pulled over ahaha!

Can't wait for official numbers, hopeing for 1100-1200 then but a bit optimistic maby.

Last edited:

tyxxvxl

Flashlight Enthusiast
LOL That is awesome Salmon!!
I say go for it man!! I think you should drop 4500 lumens on strobe mode and give passing drivers a seizure right before they wreck thier car ha ha ha

CUL8R

Enlightened
Vinh,

You're listing the highest mode as turbo. Is it the same as the stock light, a 1 second push for a timed 30 second burst? I generally use turbo and boost modes for short periods anyhow, so I guess that would work. But I wish it had a slightly longer "burst' time.

Added on edit: Are all the levels higher or just high and burst?

Thanks.

Last edited:

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Turbo and the 30 second burst is the same thing. All levels are a bit higher but Turbo got the biggest boost. Low is still very low.

Vinh,

You're listing the highest mode as turbo. Is it the same as the stock light, a 1 second push for a timed 30 second burst? I generally use turbo and boost modes for short periods anyhow, so I guess that would work. But I wish it had a slightly longer "burst' time.

Added on edit: Are all the levels higher or just high and burst?

Thanks.

a199578

Enlightened
Ah man!! I just got the HC90vn last week. I should have waited. This one looks impressive. Not that impressed by HC90, hoping its the battery I used. Going to try a different battery when I have time.

CUL8R

Enlightened
Looks very nice and I've got one ordered that will be my new primary headlamp for backpacking trips. I just got another shipping notice from you Vinh. Was that for this light, or the other light I had ordered? If for this one, that is incredibly quick! But in either case, something really neat is headed this way (if the USPS can actually get it here).

shrick

Newly Enlightened
I'm taking one Vinh... will mail you to discuss details. Thanks!

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Darn it Vinh! That's what I'm going to have to learn to do with my wallet. Press and hold - do not open! Must resist!!! Oh never mind, It's too late this time because I already ordered one the other day. :)

LOL LOve your humor

CUL8R

Enlightened
Hi Vinh,

Did you get a chance to test current to LED and find what LED Lumens are? Very curious about the actual LED Lumens and eventually the OTF figures.

Looks like mine left Kent today. At least I think it was this light. Should see it on Monday, maybe, as the USPS is apparently starting to actually deliver my mail to me again instead of losing or misrouting it!