You Just Know Your A Flashaholic When......

PANGES

Newly Enlightened
When your girlfriend/spouse/partner blames you for her being tired at work the next morning because you wouldn't stop playing with your flashlights in bed the night before... :(

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
...you see someone you see someone whip out a flashlight and you are already thinking about how exactly you will show yours off.
...the lights go out, but you don't even notice because you already have a flashlight in hand.
...you turn all the house lights off from the bedroom to the farthest point in the house and then go to bed with a flashlight.
...you have to spend DAYS evey 6 months to check all your flashlight batteries.
...your colleagues call you Mr. Flashlight.
...the shipper at the office knows it's a flashlight when he sees a package with your name on it.
...people hide their faces in fear when you want to show them your new light.
...you carry so many lights with you on a 4 hour night hike that you don't need to change a single battery, but always have at least 300 lumens on.
...you have carried a backpack full of flashlights.
...you take pictures of flashlights and beam profiles.
...you receive free flashlights for review.

But most importantly:
When you feel naked because you don't have a flashlight on you, but you're only out for a short walk and it's high noon on a sunny day.

edpmis02

Enlightened
1) When you go out and have lights on key chain, around your neck, and in your pants and jacket pockets.. plus a few in the car.

2) You buy lights just because they are clearance priced or spawn a large thread..

Forward_clicky

Newly Enlightened
Or (for me anyway) you reseach and research.
Then buy a light for edc.
Receive said torch and decide thats a REALLY nice light.
Then decide its way too nice for edc and you have to buy something else.
Therefore continuously repeating the cycle.
That describes me right about now.

yoyoman

Flashlight Enthusiast
You're driving home at night and it's foggy. You speed because you want to look at beam profiles in the fog. You almost get into an accident because you're thinking about which 10 lights out of 30 that you want to play with.

jamesmtl514

Flashlight Enthusiast
You're driving home at night and it's foggy. You speed because you want to look at beam profiles in the fog. You almost get into an accident because you're thinking about which 10 lights out of 30 that you want to play with.
a real flashalolic already has his 10 favorite with him, pulls over to play with them immediately. and then shoots the beam out the sunroof on the rest of the trip home. :D

Stilt

Newly Enlightened
You look forward to the short time of daylight during the Winter.

Last edited:

drew78

Newly Enlightened
I have my SC52 on me 24/7. Yes, clipped into the pocket of my "jammie" pants whilst I sleep. The 0.06 lumen mode is GREAT for checking on the kids before going to sleep.

I will also shower with mine once in a while as my only source of light. My wife just shakes her head....

drew78

Newly Enlightened
That made me laugh! Gross sounding though.... And no, no lotion rubbing on it.

Perhaps I should have been more clear. As a flashlight dork, at times when I take a shower, I will keep the lights off and tail stand my SC52 in the shower as my light source for my shower.

Lets leave any comments about "tail standing" out of the coversation ok? :)

Stilt

Newly Enlightened
You buy a WWII 60", 12,000 Watt Carbon Arc Flashlight.
Did you have yours up and running? And are you affiliated with the Fort MacArthur Museum?

Last edited:

BVH

Flashaholic
Up & running, yes. Did about 35 "gigs" for hire at various night clubs, car dealerships in L.A./Valley area. Participated at the 2007 and 2008 Fort MacArthur event but was not affiliated with them officially. Just volunteered for free. What a great event! Especially when the P51 Mustang flew over. Bob Meza helped me find the light, introduced me to the MacA. event and taught me all I know.

Last edited: