You Just Know Your A Flashaholic When......

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
You know you are... when you walk by this display and think Hmmmmm.

IMG-20131215-00697.jpg

:crackup::crackup::D

How much do we have to bet to get pictures and videos of you using that as an EDC for an entire month? :crackup:

I just had to look it up:
https://www.flashlightfriends.com/?MID=3596828

Which one of you guys is behind this? I just know this is now being added on a lot of CPFers gift lists.

Lampbeam

Newly Enlightened
You just know your a flashaholic when you take a light to work in a holster on your belt during the day in case there is an eclipse astronomers failed to predict.

greatscoot

Flashlight Enthusiast
That video on the website is the funniest thing I have seen.
I am waiting for a Selfbuilt review before I buy one. Curious about output and runtimes. Hopefully no PWM.

Last edited:

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
That would have been my favorite toy as a kid. :)

No kidding! My dad was afraid I'd scratch the fridge with his 2D Eveready with the big magnets on it.

My mom made all my stuffed animals:

You know you're a flashaholic when you wish you could turn back time and tell your mother to put flashlights in your stuffed animals.

That video on the website is the funniest thing I have seen.
I am waiting for a Selfbuilt review before I buy one. Curious about output and runtimes. Hopefully no PWM.

LOL! All you have to do is send him one for free :D

IsaacL

Enlightened
When you measure the cost of everything by how many lights you could have bought...

Sent from my torch using Morse code

Max_Power

Enlightened
Quote Originally Posted by wheeler
... When you have already got
10 in your living room,
10 in your son's bedroom,
10 in your daughter's room,
10 in your garage,
10 in the dining hall,
10 in your study room,
10 in your own room,
10 in your kitchen,
10 in your work office
and yet you're still visiting those online stores.

That's hoarders level. Maybe nuclear level insanity :D

I dunno, I keep finding more flashlights every time I decide to check batteries around the end of the year... and a lot of them are in the "over 100 dollars" range. Even the little keychain ones are 25 dollars and up. The good news is, the percentage with high CRI keeps going up... but I can't bring myself to sell off the cool white stuff because it has its advantages...

Maybe I have reached the point where I can stop buying flashlight bodies, and just upgrade emitters. Except on the keychain lights, which aren't easily modified. Or if I want maximal throw, probably need at least a new head for that. Or a Deft. And more headlights. And I still need to put a good clip on more of my MD2 bodies.

It never ends, does it?

Monocrom

Flashaholic
When you need a light, but hesitate. Not because you're wondering if you have one on you. But because you're not quite sure which one on you you should pull out.

david57strat

Enlightened
When you need a light, but hesitate. Not because you're wondering if you have one on you. But because you're not quite sure which one on you you should pull out.

Precisely! "What tint and beam pattern do I need for this job?"

Having options is nice :)

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast

..and then pull one out at random to help find the one you've decided on because you have a backpack full of them.

TEEJ

Flashaholic
LOL

I do keep flashlights where I keep flashlights to help find the flashlights.

Sometimes I attach small lights to the larger ones to help find them in the dark.

While shooting beam shots of flashlights, I will use a flashlight to shine on the beam shot flashlight light so I can record what light I'm shooting. (The set of pics start with a pic of the light who's pics follow, etc)

The other day, I didn't have time to holster some lights, and I put them in the holsters into my coat pockets. At the site, I needed to get a UV light, and I could not find it by reaching around, so I started taking out the other stuff in my pockets to help look. A guy who met me at the site is looking at me like I had three heads. He says "You just took out 6 flashlights that I can see, and you STILL didn't find the one you are looking for? Is this going to be like those clowns with the never ending series of handkerchiefs?"

Luckily it was in that pocket, under ~ 7 other lights, so I didn't have to start emptying the OTHER pockets.

:D

Also, luckily, the UV light found some fingerprints and other things that the initial inspection had missed before I got there....so I was redeemed/did not need to buy a clown nose.

Last edited: