ZebraLight H502 XM-L

Glock27

Enlightened
Re: ZebraLight H502 X-ML

Please make the SC60 UI standard. It is the best of all the lights I have. 6 different levels memorized is great!

G27

Djonah Inc.

Newly Enlightened

It's your idea...why don't you organize it? First stop is to see whether Zebralight even gives breaks for group buys. Chances are high us flashoholics will buy at full price anyway...

Owkay :D
I'll send a mail to zebralight and hear what they can do for us flashaholics :D
Hopefully they'll be able to give us a special treatment ;)

I'll let you guys know

edit: mail sent

Last edited:

Djonah Inc.

Newly Enlightened

Owkay :D
I'll send a mail to zebralight and hear what they can do for us flashaholics :D
Hopefully they'll be able to give us a special treatment ;)

I'll let you guys know

edit: mail sent

Their answer:
Sorry, no, we don't offer any groupbuy discounts.

JA(me)S

Enlightened

Alan

Flashlight Enthusiast

Just too bad that ZL doesn't have H602 in their plan:-(

fnj

Enlightened

But isn't the 501/502 much floodier than the SC600 seems to be by design?

JA(me)S

Enlightened

But isn't the 501/502 much floodier than the SC600 seems to be by design?
Yes, but HIDblue's query was carefully worded: he asked if there was an X-ML version of the H61 (not if there was an H version of the SC600). Also, ZebraLight's response is telling in that he doesn't imply it would be based on the SC600.

However, I might be wrong in parsing the semantics too closely...

Nice job Zebralight! Any plans for an XM-L version of the H61?

Yes, but was planned for next year.

I'd like to see an H6xx with a removable reflector - kills two birds with one stone! (but not if the headlamp head gets too cumbersome in the process)

- Jas.

fnj

Enlightened

Sorry, James; sensory overload occurred. :oops:

JA(me)S

Enlightened

More news:

The H502 will feature a switch that requires 34% more force to activate. (from here)

- Jas.

Last edited:

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast

This is real good news! Love my H501w for the floody beam profile without hotspot, and love my H51Fw for the bright output. Now this is a combination of both! And no PWM! I am in for one if the neutral comes out.

Glock27

Enlightened

I'll have to get 2 a w & c. and an SC60c....ZebraLight is going to put me into the poor house.

G27

Bolster

Flashlight Enthusiast

...an X-ML version of the H61 ....

Recently, Zebralight implied they were concerned about cells that didn't have (in their opinion) great manufacturer control, and also implied they didn't want to make lights that would accept 'risky' cells. I put 2+2 together, and figured that the H60 and H60w were the "last of the line" of 18650 headlamps. Of course, I could be TOTALLY WRONG, that's just me guessing. But, it does make sense that a manufacturer would not want to be left holding the bag, liability-wise, if a Li-Ion blew and injured someone's head. So I would be a little surprised to see another 18650 headlamp. Handheld is a different story, however.

@ Glock -- please check your PM.

Alan

Flashlight Enthusiast

Recently, Zebralight implied they were concerned about cells that didn't have (in their opinion) great manufacturer control, and also implied they didn't want to make lights that would accept 'risky' cells. I put 2+2 together, and figured that the H60 and H60w were the "last of the line" of 18650 headlamps. Of course, I could be TOTALLY WRONG, that's just me guessing. But, it does make sense that a manufacturer would not want to be left holding the bag, liability-wise, if a Li-Ion blew and injured someone's head. So I would be a little surprised to see another 18650 headlamp. Handheld is a different story, however.

I use H60 as utility light. It serves greatly as unidirectional lantern. This is most usable light I ever have (I possess more than 500+ lights). AA just doesn't have enough runtime for such job. They told me last year that they would have H60 with updated LED (XPG) in 2011 but their plan wasn't executed. By the time they have H602 in 2012, XM-L might even be obsolete. Then, they would wait for .... 2013:-(

dealgrabber2002

Flashlight Enthusiast

Where is the link to Zebralight new upcoming models? The one with when it's coming out, name, battery config, max lumen and min lumen,and type of emitter?

I thought I saw it here, but I guess I was wrong.