Anyone else run the Indi Mini half marathon?

Valpo Hawkeye

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had a blast. I took 9 minutes off my mini time from 3 weeks ago, coming in at 1:49:13. I'm not exactly sure how I took this much time off. Indi is quite a bit flatter, but still, in years past when I have run both the Valpo and Indi Mini's, there's only been a difference of 2 minutes, or so.

I already signed up for next year. If anyone's interested, check out www.500festival.com and click on the Mini-Marthon link. For you race fans (I'm not), you get to run a lap around the Indianapolis Motor Speedway.

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
Valpo Hawkeye said:
I had a blast. I took 9 minutes off my mini time from 3 weeks ago, coming in at 1:49:13. I'm not exactly sure how I took this much time off. Indi is quite a bit flatter, but still, in years past when I have run both the Valpo and Indi Mini's, there's only been a difference of 2 minutes, or so.

It's because you have been practicing like mad and are in hella-good shape!

I've never run a marathon though I always enjoyed running in middle school and high school. I'm more into biking now. The ex father in law use to run all the local marathons in Indiana, Chicago and Ohio. He's 28 years older than me and more than likely in better condition than I am.