Lost post frustration

brightnorm

Flashaholic
I was working on a long post and used my back arrow to refer to a prior post and check out that poster's bio. I was unable to return to my post. It was gone into the ether.

I won't even begin to say how frustrating that was, except that my girlfriend came in from the kitchen to see what all the noise was about. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twak.gif

Is there any way to avoid this, or to retrieve the info, short of writing everything in WORD or never using the back arrow?

Brightnorm

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just copy the text before you go back you do not need to paste it anywhere it will still be there.

x-ray

Flashlight Enthusiast
Or open a separate browser window to view other posts/threads.

PaulW

Flashlight Enthusiast
A different browser might be another answer. Since I have been using Mozilla, I have had no problems.

keithhr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Norm, oh how well I know the feeling and it sucks.
I thought I was the only one to ever lose a post in some weird way. It's never the short one or two line posts, It's always the posts that were written down in moments of pure inspiration with prose to match, and knowing full well that trying to duplicate or paraphrase the sentiments would be for naught. I never think of copying what I have written because I'm sure that nothing will happen. Right!

Tomas

Banned
I always use a new browser tab or window to go looking for something when I'm composing. Of course it's not unheard of for me to have a couple dozen tabs/windows open in my browser ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/huh.gif

tomsig02.gif
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
If I have to use the "back" arrow to go back and check a post, I'll highlight & copy the contents of my message window BEFORE going back - just in case the "forward" arrow leaves me with a blank window. It doesn't happen very often, just once in a great while.

IlluminatingBikr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sometimes you can get away with it, and when your return to your post it is there. Other times you may not be so lucky... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
if i'm going to type a long and well-planned-out post i usually do so on notepad, then copy and paste it over to post when i'm done. even if the browser screws up i still have a backup /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
I haven't had it happen to me, YET. I use Mozilla and love the tabbed browsing. This does help eliminate that sort of problem.

Stable hardware and more than enough RAM also helps, in that Windows doesn't crash on you.

Actually for the problem that this topic is about, the OS does not matter.