Got my Pila GL3 today!

thwang99

Newly Enlightened
First impressions, it looked well made, but not THAT amazing. I was way too hyped on it from reading this forum and reviews online. Seems very heavy. Tried it, and boy, is this thing BRIGHT! I own an Arc 4+, LSH-P, TwinTask 2L, ARC AAA, and a CMG Infinity Ultra. Of course the Pila's the brightest of the bunch.

Batteries rattle, but that's easily fixed. I might go with rechargables. Red LED tailcap is VERY nice, but the switch isn't very nice. My ARCs can be activated with the thumb at 45 degrees to the body of the light. The Pila requires to start at a 90 degree angle to the body of the light, and your thumb to actually press into the light, so that your hand has to hold the light further towards the back of the light.

Heavy light, but very very durable, it seems. Thick metal here! I imagine this will do damage if I smack someone on the head. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Compared it to a 4D maglite. Kills the maglite. Just way way bright!

Here's a picture:

pila-arc4.jpg

Can't wait to put this to use. Not that I really need a light this bright! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
- Tony

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
nice light /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

i did a review on one the other day, and my impressions were the same as yours.