took the wrong aprocah to cath fireflys

raggie33

*the raggedier*
well last night i couldt cathc any so today i got to thinking of how i could catch a few well a lot i wanted at least 400 so i think how can i atract em well started to think them calume light sticks look like the same color light so i no the doller store sells em for like 4 for 1 bucks so i take em all home and break em open straining glass thru stainer and pouring misture thru funnel into a clear plastic newspapper bag so then i statered to think if they couldtn see me or smell me it would be better then i decided ill waer all black and tie the bag thru a gloestick to my belt in back so after dark i walk down to park and i have a towel over the bag on my back so i can run around and randomly pull up towel exposeing the bright ligfjht well im out there running around at a pretty good pace and fall right on my back side so i am now covered in this light stick chemical im glowing on my back from my neck to my kneees and spoted all over on front im worried that it will cause me probelsm so i jump in lake trying to rub it off wel all a sudden the park rangers boat comes wadling over and shines his bright light on me and a course this casues a small crowd to form and all a suden swarm a liughing bugs are around my head so i just ran home

drizzle

Enlightened
Ooh raggie, sorry to hear that! It sounds like at least now you know that the glow sticks attract them.

Fireflies are one of the things I miss about the midwest.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
lol i was just makeing this story up /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gifthought it would sound funny and bizare /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Good one raggie, all the time I had pictures & clips of some horror movie going through my head - not to mention the "entertaining" thoughts of raggie the big male firefly running around "glowing"! Maybe you should have mentioned some cardboard wings, antennae, and some sort of bug eye goggles!! LOL!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Good one, Raggie! You had me going also! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

You have a real gift for storytelling, Raggie. You always choose such vivid imagery.

jtice

Flashaholic
..... HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hahaha.gif

good one rags, the mental image i had running through my head as I read your post had me laughing my A$$ off.

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
I hadn't seen a firefly since I was a 5-year old or so in Michigan. The night before last, I caught one in Califon, NJ at the PF4 get-together! It was cool! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

(Most of the back-east guys called them "lightning bugs.")

Larry