help me save my plants please

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i have 1 haberno pepper plant its a babby i also have 2 jalpeno pepper plants something is eating the leaves i dont see it but they have holes in the leaves whats a very very very cheap rememdy

Neg2LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sounds like what happened to my strawberry plant - it just started getting holes in it. i think its some kind of disease or something - i dont think anything is eating it, its just sorta dissapearing, rite? maybe too much sunlight and/or not enuff waters...

neg

Former_Mag_User

Enlightened
Ifyou think something is eating them first you have to find out what is eating them. Go outisde at night (a good excuse to use a flashlight /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif) and see if you see any animals. It could be ants or some type of worm/caterpillar.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
thank you for ya replys here is pic to see if it helps
plant8vw.jpg

Neg2LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
doesnt look like eating to me - definately looks like what happened to my strawberry plant. that was caused by too much sun and not enuff waters. but then, i dont know much. Maybe the plant got fed up with the world and decided to go /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif ?

neg

Topper

Flashaholic*
Baby bite marks, you got something eating them Raggie.
not sure how to stop it though.
Topper /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
There's definitely some type of insect having those plants for dinner.
As Former Mag User says, go outside at night with a flashlight and you may find the culprit.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
dang there sure hungry /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gifi just went out with my light i cant see anything on them.they must see me comeing and hide or fly away.they also seem to prefare the haberno plant

3rd_shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
Take a closer look on the plants at thier stems.
Some leaf eaters are green camoed and are hard to spot at 1st.
Also try dunking the plants in a big bucket of water for about 30 minutes each to drown whatever it is that is eating them.
The culprits may have burrows in the plants' soil.

Plus pepper plants really do like a lot of sunlight in order to do thier plant thing and make enough leaf toxins to keep from getting eaten.

I was a tropical plant care tech going to 5-15 buildings a day, 5 days a week taking care of 2000-3000 plants a week, every week before I became a security officer.

Good luck. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast
We have beetles on our pepper plants that leave a similar bite pattern, but I can't tell. They're easy to spot, though, they have shells that look like rainbow finish titanium. And my fish love them /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

snakebite

Flashlight Enthusiast
dust with sevin dust and see if the damage stops.
sorta looks like damage from some kind of caterpillar .
had the same damage on the tomato plants here.
a neighbor kid had gecko's and would pick off the caterpillars so no poison needed.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
the plants i started from seeds are doing ok but there onlky basil and chives.i planted em cause they was fast the basil sproted in less then week i think chives sproted but are thin.ill try all adive on the other plants.id be happy if they just made one pepper