What are UX1J stars going for these days?

270winchester

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: What are UX1J star going for these days?

Well, they are not available in the first place, I don't know how to put a price on things that we can't buy. There are those who buy lights with u-bin ligths and "harvest" the emitter, otherwise you need to know people that know people who know where to get these things...

Sinjz

Flashlight Enthusiast

Okay, then what are the mark-ups for lights with the unobtanium stars as compared to the same light with common TWOJ stars or whatever? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Former_Mag_User

Enlightened

A UXIL goes for about $30. So a UXIJ might be a little more expensive because for the vf bin.

270winchester

Flashlight Enthusiast

I don't think anyone will say where to get U-bin LED's in public, especially in CPF . Most of us don't know, and those who do are mostly industry people that need the as many of the LEDs as they can buy, so you are not gonna get an answer here.

Sinjz

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm not looking for a place to buy them, although that would be nice. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif I'm trying to figure out thier worth as I decide whether or not to put the couple I have up for sale on the BST. If they aren't worth much more than any other star, I won't bother. If they are worth a good deal more, I want to price it properly. I don't want to set the price too high and end up getting annoying PM's and posts saying I'm trying to gouge CPF'ers; We know there are some CPF'er with itchy fingers right now. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif I'm not trying to gouge anyone, but I DO want to sell for a good price. I'm looking to raise some cash. That's the only reason I'm even considering selling them.

270winchester

Flashlight Enthusiast

Well, I'm looking for somemyself, and about half the CPF will pay good money for it.

Let me put it this way, I paid around 90 for my RAW Ubin. that includes the charger and batts and everything. People have sold the RAW-U for 140 bucks here. People will pay good money for this. I hate to say this but tere will be people accuse you of price gauging no matter what, you will have a better time selling it on ebay and let CPFers bid on it.

Former_Mag_User

Enlightened

Elektrolumens sold UXIJ stars for $25 about 5 months ago.

Sinjz

Flashlight Enthusiast

How can you have a group buy when nobody can find any? I remember a group buy was set up a couple of months ago and they ended up being UX1L's or something instead of the UX1J's.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

BTW, I'm hoping to avoid ebay fees (and the risk it sells for $0.99), but might go that route if I can't get better pricing info. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Former_Mag_User

Enlightened

It's not so difficult to set a price if you want to sell them here on CPF. Anything between $25-$30 is reasonable if you ask me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

Sinjz

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
270winchester said:
... I paid around 90 for my RAW Ubin. that includes the charger and batts and everything. People have sold the RAW-U for 140 bucks here....

[/ QUOTE ]

I finally did the math for this and was amazed. The value it adds to a light seems to be ~$85 dollars. The $50 markup, plus ~$20 for whatever Lux3 that was replaced and another $15 or so for the charger and batteries. If people are only willing to pay ~$30 for a star, like FormerMag suggested, I'd be much better off modding it into a light and selling the whole thing as a package. Anybody want a UX1J Bare Aluminum LionCub? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif Or a UX1J Q3? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif I have a UX1J LionHeart for sale too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif Hmmmm.... I wonder what I could get if I popped the emitter off and mounted it on an O-sink. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

Yeah, my mind wanders when I have to squint to see my tiny TV. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

markdi

Flashlight Enthusiast

I wish I had bought one for my arc ls(I had an Opportunity to buy one but I did not - oh well)