About Twofish Lockblock and Cyclopblock.

greenLED

Flashaholic
Uxorious said:
Thanks !! Will there be another group buy ?
I think that there are lots of people need this :)

Uxorious, here's the link to the GB I did. The thread has lots of really good info an pics about the locks. That was actually a fairly straight-forward groupbuy.

I've only done two GB's (or was it three? :confused:) so far, but I really don't want to manage an additional one right now. If you are willing to do it, I'd be happy to share my experience and help you set it up. I may actually convince you to buy some bike goodies for me as part of the GB. ;)

AlienRFX

Newly Enlightened
Or you can go to your local bike shop and see if they carry them. If not they can special order two fish products from one of their distributors. Support your LBS if ya can.

MikeHunt79

Newly Enlightened
I'd love to order a few of these but shipping to the UK costs more than the item itself! If there was a GB I'd be in for 3. :)

Faster

Newly Enlightened
MikeHunt79 said:
I'd love to order a few of these but shipping to the UK costs more than the item itself! If there was a GB I'd be in for 3. :)

I've got the same problem. Tried my LBS but no luck, so I would also be in for a few of the lockblocks if there is a GB.

How much was the quote for the shipping to the uk BTW?

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
I found any light bigger/ heavier than a Surefire G2 jiggled around to much. But they work great for smaller lights (or smoother roads)

greenLED

Flashaholic
cave dave said:
I found any light bigger/ heavier than a Surefire G2 jiggled around to much. But they work great for smaller lights (or smoother roads)

Weird. I've used my Pila GL3 on there (which is heavier than the SF G2) and haven't had a problem. Did you place the lock near the center of mass of the light (balancing front and back of the light)?

For those international people, ask for someone to buy them for you and have them forward the locks via GPM. I had a lot of international orders on the last GB.

Last edited:

MikeHunt79

Newly Enlightened
Faster said:
I've got the same problem. Tried my LBS but no luck, so I would also be in for a few of the lockblocks if there is a GB.

How much was the quote for the shipping to the uk BTW?
It was over $30 i think...

greenLED: What does GPM stand for?

greenLED

Flashaholic
GPM= Global Priority Mail - they have flat-rate envelopes you can use to send a lot of stuff. Around $5 for a small one, and $10 for a large one (check usps.com for new prices). I think I fit up to 3 orders (9 locks) in a small flat-rate GPM envelope.

MikeHunt79

Newly Enlightened
doh, I think the $30 shipping quote was from another shop. I tried checking out on nashbar, and the shipping came to $5.25 which seems reasonable... :) I hope this helps. I'm gonna order tomorrow, as I've gotta get some sleep now.

Faster

Newly Enlightened
MikeHunt79 said:
doh, I think the $30 shipping quote was from another shop. I tried checking out on nashbar, and the shipping came to $5.25 which seems reasonable... :) I hope this helps. I'm gonna order tomorrow, as I've gotta get some sleep now.

:goodjob: I think I'll order a few too, can't hurt to have spares. Thanks for the info...

argh it's 3:30am.... Been browsing CPF for too long again!

NoFair

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would like a few if a GB is made. I haven't found any twofish products here in Norway and Nashbar won't ship :(

I think the lockblock was the best value for money from Nashbar at $10 for 3 mounts to use with lights. I think the mounts were about $7 when bought seperately...

GB Please please please....

WNG

Enlightened
Uxorious,

If you can't find any way to get them, I can buy them for you from Nashbar, provided you re-imburse/prepay for their cost and international shipment.
I've been a regular customer of Bike Nashbar for over 20 years.
Surprised to read that they don't do international orders.
:\

PM or email me.