Barbolight U-04 Minireview with pictures

Long John

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello all:)

After my first impressions in this thread:

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/132654

now my impressions about the performance of the U-04 with pics:).

Like I said before, the light is very well build, robust and radiate a strong, reliable feeling.
It is a divelight, rated at 200meters, so at first I have to try it in the pool. The only other diverated light I own is a Peli incan, 6V, 6W bulb.

Both lights were in a depht of 2,30 meters.

Here is the Peli:

Peliunderwater.jpg

And here the Barbo U-04:

Barbounderwater.jpg

Not really true contenders:sssh:

Like I guessed at daylight, it has a very good throw for it's size. I took a comparison between the Peli, Nuwai ALX-352L on high, U-04 and my TL-A3 on high.
All with fresh cells.
The distance to the first chair was 10m, to the second 20m, to the third 30m and to the caravan 40m.

The Peli:

Peli.jpg

The Nuwai:

Nuwai.jpg

The U-04:

U-04.jpg

The TL-A3:

TL-A3.jpg

At the next picture I used the yellow reflective beacon on the U-04, directly in front of the caravan, distance 40m:

Refl.jpg

Like you can see, it's very usefull as a lantern and visible as a warning light easy up to 200m. Great idea.

Conclusion:

Great light with an incredible performance for its size and the fact, that it has only one Led. Build like a tank, dive rated and a good companion for all areas I can survive, water, dust, sand, mud, snow .......

It's every cent worth. Thank you very much for this great light Javier:rock:.

Best regards

____
Tom:wave:

marxs

Enlightened
wow nice pics :goodjob:

looks like the barbolight penetrates the water easily...would you know how far the light can penetrate? when i go night diving, i need a light that really penetrates

mark

marxs said:

looks like the barbolight penetrates the water easily...would you know how far the light can penetrate? when i go night diving, i need a light that really penetrates

mark

Yeah, it would be awesome to see an underwater beam shot! :naughty:

Long John

Flashlight Enthusiast
marxs said:

mark

Hello marxs:)

The pool is 8m long and this is very easy for the light, bright spot on the wall at the end of the pool. But don't forget, the water is cristal clear.

Best regards

_____
Tom

Long John

Flashlight Enthusiast
arewethereyetdad said:
Yeah, it would be awesome to see an underwater beam shot! :naughty:

Hello arewethereyetdad (what a name:confused:):)

I think this would be no problem for the light, but for my camera:grin2:.

Best regards

____
Tom

marxs

Enlightened
i would kill if someone could get an underwater shot of the barbolight vs other dive lights...thats what actually got me into flashoholism..i was searching for a dive light. some that ive gone through were the halcyon dive lights (not the hid), some dive rites and a couple i cant remember. ive tried a halcyon scout (the old incan) and it did well underwater, but i would love to try this one out :drool:

mark

Archangel

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's kinda cool. I'll have to see if they can be ordered separately. I don't know that i like that case better, but it's different, so would give me more options. I'm all about options. I like that the holster looks like it was made for the U-04. Thanks for the shot.

Barbarin

Flashlight Enthusiast
That holster is not the regular one made with low quality material. It has been made to stand maritime environment. It was custom designed for our needs. Here is a part of the conversations I had with the manufacturer.

"...there are three kinds, PP, Nylon and Polyester. PP strap is the one in common use in bag manufacturing. The specification of Nylon and Polyester strap are all better than the PP one. Nylon and Polyester, their main differences are: Nylon is better than Polyester in handle, but Polyester is better than Nylon in colorfastness and more suitable to be used under maritime environments (...)So we suggest that the holder should be made of Polyester, it is more suitable for you. At the same time there is one problem. Because the Polyester strap is not common, so we have to custom it, and there is a MOQ for the strap manufacturer"

Well, finally we ended making it with Polyester.

Long John

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yesterday I got an idea for upgrading my U-04:thinking:.

Today I started working and that's my finished result:

Batteriespacer.jpg

It's not a beauty but it works:)

The idea was, to use one CR123 primary in the light for emergencys and trips in areas without the possibility to recharge the LiIons.

So I took a plastic syringe, 2 thumbtacks, a wire, little solder and 2 component glue to create the spacer. And it works, well, very well:rock::rock::rock:.

The output is logicaly reduced but still bright. About a little more brightness as my Fenix L1P on high and with much better throw.:)

The runtime should be more than a whole night:thumbsup:

It is perhaps a suggestion for other U-04 owners:).

Best regards

_____
Tom

Latest posts