• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS- Genuine Osram 64430 Halo Star Bulbs, Optional frosting

Northern Lights

Flashlight Enthusiast
SOLD- Genuine Osram 64430 Halo Star Bulbs, CLOSED

ALL SOLD, DO NOT UNDERSTAND WHY THE LINK DOES NOT EDIT TO SOLD AND STILL SHOW FS??

Osram 64430 Halo Star Bulbs axial filament $6.50 each. The real genuine bulb.

Optional frosting, your choice.

There are other European and Chinese versions of this Osram bulb. Please use the CPF search feature and research the 64430 bulb, you can easily obtain 1000 torch lumens and maybe as high as 2250, depending on build.
dscn0418xp9.jpg

Used in lights that began with this:

I'm pretty sure I have discovered a new Hotwire bulb

And demonstrated here:

Destructive Incan Bulb Tests - Updated 1/7/08 (Info Added)

Purchasing and Shipping: -- Buyer pays shipping, from my zip code, 85704 with insurance for $6.50. International welcome. I intend to use United States Postal Service, Shipping on receipt of payment, PayPal or certified check or money order. I will honor the first "I'll take it" without conditions posted in the thread. This is a private sale, consider the items used, no warranty or guarantee offered or implied. I check CPF in the morning, Mountain Standard Time, UTC/GMT -7 hours. Private Message the specific details please.

Last edited:

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS- Genuine Osram 64430 Halo Star Bulbs

Looks like this would be a killer bulb for Mag85's. I love Osram Bulbs.

Shane

Northern Lights

Flashlight Enthusiast

Looks like this would be a killer bulb for Mag85's. I love Osram Bulbs.

Shane
Correct on the voltage spread but not on the height. Osram 64430 are G6.35 bulbs and are taller so they are not exactly interchange able without some focus adjustments. That is why I suggest doing some searching. I am building one on three A123, 4C cell size host, AW driver, charging Jack, 254 mm aspheric lens and FM smooth reflector.

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast

If they're using a Kiu high temp socket kit the height on the socket is adjustable via the included screws :)

Shane

Northern Lights

Flashlight Enthusiast

If they're using a Kiu high temp socket kit the height on the socket is adjustable via the included screws :)

Shane
That is true, it just is not a bulb switch, you need a few minutes but it does work out that way. Missionary man had hoped originally to be able to switch between a low power and high power bulb but the filaments are significantly at different hights. But there is no problem with changing the KIU, as a matter of fact it probably is the best socket or the AW driver for this bulb.

Northern Lights

Flashlight Enthusiast

:bump: Good Morning ! It is my week end and I will bump my FS 'cause I got time to be on CPF. Bumps once a week to be reasonable. But time has slipped away and I will be modding less now. I am having a Sell off of my "toys", maybe stepping back from CPF for now. I will miss it and all of you. :bumpit:

FS-1331 lumens, 5761 bulb, small 3C-cell modified Maglite, Unique batteries!
FS- Genuine Osram 64430 Halo Star Bulbs
FS-SHARK DRIVER, NEW, NOT USED
FS-PR to BiPin socket with Welch Allyn 01185 Bulbs
FS- DROP IN G6.35 CERAMIC PR TO BI-PIN SOCKETS
Mag Lite parts, NEW

Northern Lights

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have you tried running these on NiMH? How do they compare to Philips 5761? I'm about to hone out a 3D to fit 12AA and a 2D to fit 8AA...

Bulb comparisons can be done on the hotrater or LL's thread:

Click on those links in post #1

You can see the Osram bulb is about 1200-2000 torch lumens; the two systems are not in agreement yet on this one, but it is very much brighter than a 5761. Runs on 9.9-10.8 battery pack.
The 5761 is 854 torch lumens, runs on a 6.9-7.2 battery pack

Also realize the 64430 is a G6.35 base and the 5761 is a G4 base. You have to know what bases bulbs are to builb for them. Both do well with soft start systems whether a driver like AW's V2 or an NTC that I write about. SL12 1R010, ametherm NTC from www.newark.com.

Torch lumens are 65% of bulb lumens and what a flashlight puts out. This figure and formulas were worked up for torch lumens on CPF years ago.

O-64430 are 7.58 amp bulbs! This makes a 75 Watt light. Any battery chemistry works, that is not the point the point is whether the model of battery can handle that kind of drain. It is not for little AA cells. Your best AA cells for capacity and drain are probably the Maha Powerex 2700 and Sanyo 2700. I have used both in 5761 applications. The Maha acts a lot like an A size battery. It may be the only AA that could handle the 64430. I cannot promise that but I am taking that gamble with a IRC 65W build coming up. The Powerex is rated #1 AA and is under rated by the manufacture and probably the only AA that is underated. It has a higher capcity than the listed 2700 mAh usually.
click on Powerex AA 2700

I built a 9 cell, 4/5 A, GP2000 battery pack, GP2000 are under rated too, these batteries put out about 2.2 Ah and 1.3 volts. www.cheapbatterypacks.com is where you get that great NiMh cell. I put that pack into a 2D light I tri-bored and ran the 64430. It was great. For soft start I put in an NTC, the one I keep posting about. Sold it.

You have 18 posts! :welcome:

Please use the CPF search function and search key words, 5761 and 64430, A123, emoli, NTC. Lux Luther has several very good threads on the brightest mods, and battery differences and bulb differences and performance. Look on the member list for Lux Luther, Jim Jones, Missionaryman and me from that page you can call up all of individual posts. Lately we have spend a lot of lines on 5761, 64430 and batteries. Jim and I are using a lot of high amp batteries now, emoli and A123 safe lithium cells.

Hot wires are all about the same to build, just different batteries and components. Always modify the switches and tail caps to reduce resistance you can loose hundreds of lumens there.
Bulb filaments determine flood to spot patterns and hot spot size. The order of dim to bright mods is
ROP (pelican 3854)
There are more that fall in here and there in between but these are some I have worked with. Jim Jones has some exotic numbers to throw into that list too. Look up LL thread on the brightest mods. Great post.

jimjones3630

Flashlight Enthusiast
NL,
thanks one more time for your orginal idea of etching bulbs"frosting" with Armour etch. Your etching idea does pay off in increase focused beam, cleaner beam with less artifact, and looks like increased overall lumens.

Over the last few days have played with this stuff on 5761, CMB, 62138, 1111, and the Tungsram 56580. All bulbs showed some favoritable result.

Regarding your hot list of bulbs below I would agree in your ordering till the last which I have not tried the 64430 of the "top Chinese bulb" version. Have tried several of the 64430 versions and my experience is the Tungsram 56580 is at the top of the list until I get my hands on one of the "TCB" versions.

Anyone wanting to get improved lumen output in their hotwire should try one of your etched bulbs.

Running high output hotwires requires low sag, flat discharging cells. I am glad to make available A123 cells from Dewalt 28v paks and Emoli cells from 36v Milwaukee paks since they have a proven track record of performace and safety.

jim

Bulb comparisons can be done on the hotrater or LL's thread:

Click on those links in post #1

You can see the Osram bulb is about 1200-2000 torch lumens; the two systems are not in agreement yet on this one, but it is very much brighter than a 5761. Runs on 9.9-10.8 battery pack.
The 5761 is 854 torch lumens, runs on a 6.9-7.2 battery pack

Also realize the 64430 is a G6.35 base and the 5761 is a G4 base. You have to know what bases bulbs are to builb for them. Both do well with soft start systems whether a driver like AW's V2 or an NTC that I write about. SL12 1R010, ametherm NTC from www.newark.com.

Torch lumens are 65% of bulb lumens and what a flashlight puts out. This figure and formulas were worked up for torch lumens on CPF years ago.

O-64430 are 7.58 amp bulbs! This makes a 75 Watt light. Any battery chemistry works, that is not the point the point is whether the model of battery can handle that kind of drain. It is not for little AA cells. Your best AA cells for capacity and drain are probably the Maha Powerex 2700 and Sanyo 2700. I have used both in 5761 applications. The Maha acts a lot like an A size battery. It may be the only AA that could handle the 64430. I cannot promise that but I am taking that gamble with a IRC 65W build coming up. The Powerex is rated #1 AA and is under rated by the manufacture and probably the only AA that is underated. It has a higher capcity than the listed 2700 mAh usually.
click on Powerex AA 2700

I built a 9 cell, 4/5 A, GP2000 battery pack, GP2000 are under rated too, these batteries put out about 2.2 Ah and 1.3 volts. www.cheapbatterypacks.com is where you get that great NiMh cell. I put that pack into a 2D light I tri-bored and ran the 64430. It was great. For soft start I put in an NTC, the one I keep posting about. Sold it.

You have 18 posts! :welcome:

Please use the CPF search function and search key words, 5761 and 64430, A123, emoli, NTC. Lux Luther has several very good threads on the brightest mods, and battery differences and bulb differences and performance. Look on the member list for Lux Luther, Jim Jones, Missionaryman and me from that page you can call up all of individual posts. Lately we have spend a lot of lines on 5761, 64430 and batteries. Jim and I are using a lot of high amp batteries now, emoli and A123 safe lithium cells.

Hot wires are all about the same to build, just different batteries and components. Always modify the switches and tail caps to reduce resistance you can loose hundreds of lumens there.
Bulb filaments determine flood to spot patterns and hot spot size. The order of dim to bright mods is
ROP (pelican 3854)
There are more that fall in here and there in between but these are some I have worked with. Jim Jones has some exotic numbers to throw into that list too. Look up LL thread on the brightest mods. Great post.

Northern Lights

Flashlight Enthusiast
:bumpit:
HEY MAN! I forgot I still got these sitting here, time for a bumb for all you incan builders. Here is a light that can run 15-20 minutes on most mods and give an incredible amount of torch lumens. Very wide floody beam with this type of filament and yet so many luments as to get a good throw. I certainly loved it in a 3X A124 powered 4C with a jack and AW driver. High Med and low, Medium was the way to go 95% of the time and that definately gave twice the run time.
:bump:

Edwood

Enlightened
Would this work with a Mag61 build? Mag 2C with AW C Driver, 2 AW C Li-Ion cells, and FM MOP Reflector. I still have the extra washers for adjusting the socket height.

*Edit. Nevermind. Saw the voltage ratings. Not enough juice from two 3.7V cells. Bummer. :(

-Ed

Northern Lights

Flashlight Enthusiast
Would this work with a Mag61 build? Mag 2C with AW C Driver, 2 AW C Li-Ion cells, and FM MOP Reflector. I still have the extra washers for adjusting the socket height.

*Edit. Nevermind. Saw the voltage ratings. Not enough juice from two 3.7V cells. Bummer. :(

-Ed
Also these are g6.35 pins.

They work great with CBP A sizes, A, 2/3A, 4/5A and the AA 1700 can also take that kind of amps. Sub Cs and NiMH Ds are also excellent. Emolia and especially 3X A123 cells are best for these bulbs.

These are pulling about 7.50 amps in a hot wire mod.

Typically lithium, except for Emolie and A123 lithium, Li-ions fall to the 2C (c stands for capacity in Ah) rule. That means you need at least 3750 mAh worth of Li-ions to work with it becasue 2x 3750mAh = 7.5 Amp per hour.
For AW cells to power this bulb that would be 3S2P, 3 series by 2 parallel, 6 total cells (AW rated them at 5 amp loads).

aeroflash

Newly Enlightened
NL:

Paypal sent for a 5-pack of 64430 original's.

keep on "hotwire'n" ................

aeroflash

Newly Enlightened
NL:

Got the 6-pack yesterday - fast service - no damage, thanks for the spare!