18650 Charger and batteries recommendations

scsiguru

Newly Enlightened
I have a couple of Fenix lights that use either 18650 OR CR123A batteries. I’ve been using the Surefire CR123A non-rechargeable battles and not getting any decent battery life.

I want to start using rechargeable 18650 batteries but a bit overwhelmed when researching what would be best for me. Just looking for reliable, long life batteries for my two Fenix lights. Would like to spend no more than $50 for batteries and charger.

Looking for any suggestions that might meet my needs.

aznsx

Enlightened
I have a couple of Fenix lights that use either 18650 OR CR123A batteries. I’ve been using the Surefire CR123A non-rechargeable battles and not getting any decent battery life.

I want to start using rechargeable 18650 batteries but a bit overwhelmed when researching what would be best for me. Just looking for reliable, long life batteries for my two Fenix lights. Would like to spend no more than $50 for batteries and charger.

Looking for any suggestions that might meet my needs.

I use Fenix 18650s in mine (and other 18650 lights). I believe them to be very good based on long term use and discharge tests, etc. Chargers are another rathole as most / all on the market are (IMO) inferior in some way. I use a pair of XTAR VP2s, which are out of production but still available, and they've not let me down after ~5 years. You might do just as well to check out the Fenix offerings, but might want to check for tests at 'lygte'. I won't get into prices, because I have enough trouble just finding something acceptable.

Edit: I neglected to mention the some of my Fenix cells have in-board USB charging, so if you'd like to save some money and skip the standalone charger, you can.

Last edited:

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you want a quality charger that’s inexpensive, look to the single bay Xtar MC1+, or MC1 ANT.

500mA/1A rates and USB.

I have 4 of them.

Chris

scsiguru

Newly Enlightened
If you want a quality charger that’s inexpensive, look to the single bay Xtar MC1+, or MC1 ANT.

500mA/1A rates and USB.

I have 4 of them.

Chris
Thanks for these recommendations, but I'm looking for at least a two cell charger.

XTAR Light

Enlightened
Manufacturer
Vendor
XTAR FC2 charger, VC2L, VC4SL are our popular ones recently. There are some customers' discussion for your reference:

Latest posts