My Start as a Flashaholic - A Story

Apollos

Newly Enlightened
When I was in Iraq in 2007, I purchased my first light of was eventually to devolve into pure flashaholicism :grin2:. I bought a SureFire G2 at the BX on base. We had some lame plastic 2xD Cell plastic lights in our quarters (which were always dark so the off shift guys could sleep). I remember when I fired that thing up...I was in awe to say the least.

When I came home I took a job working security at a large hospital here in northeast Ohio. Working afternoon shift in the winter, just about everybody carried some kind of light (mostly mini-mags). One night we get a call that somebody was laying in a dark corner on outside of one of the buildings. Myself an another officer approached cautiously as this hospital is not in the best neighborhood in the world. When we were about 15 feet away this guy shot up. I dumped 65 lumens right onto his face. He put both his hands out like he was trying to block the sun from blinding him. Fortunately, he was just as startled as we were...he was just a bum that passed out there. We got him on his way and called in complete. My buddy and coworker asked if he could see my light after that. Of course, he was instantly hooked too and he had his own G2 less than a week later.

Since...I have stepped it up, I'm now the proud owner of four SureFires including an M2 with Malkoff M60 drop-in. I am not sure where this obsession will end and, frankly, I don't really care ;)

lightplay22

Enlightened
Great story! Light is great and addicting - That malkoff bug bites real hard, and keep up the good work!

kramer5150

Flashaholic
Nice story, welcome to CPF and THANKS for taking part in defending our great nation:thumbsup:.

How do you like the M2/M60 setup?... any complaints?

Juggernaut

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's nice to here about a nice honest 62 lumens, you normally hear about all these crazy bright light, but some time you can make do with just that:twothumbs.

Apollos

Newly Enlightened
Nice story, welcome to CPF and THANKS for taking part in defending our great nation:thumbsup:.

How do you like the M2/M60 setup?... any complaints?

I love the M2/M60 set up. I've only had it for a couple weeks but so far it has been flawless. The attention to detail and quality is obvious with Malkoff's products. Beam has outstanding throw and nice side spill and I love the shape of the M2...affords a nice, firm grip.

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
snip snip...

Of course, he was instantly hooked too and he had his own G2 less than a week later.

well you are truly blessed with a swell hobby and a swell partner.
Add an understanding significant other, and you are a step short of heaven!

light_emitting_dude

Flashlight Enthusiast
First of all thank you for your service soldier. Second of all......thanks for sharing! Good thing you didn't have a malkoff M60...may have blinded him.

:welcome: