Is there such a thing as a hardwired PTZ LEP or Spotlight I can mount on my house?

MyUsernameTX

Newly Enlightened
Not sure if this exists, but I'm looking for a 110v or PoE powered aimable spotlight. I'd like it to be like a PTZ camera you can aim and move, but actually be a spotlight. This will let me shine away loitering cars without leaving my chair

Does something like this exist?

LEDphile

Enlightened
Absolutely exists, although finding outdoor-rated ones is a bit harder, as is finding low-cost ones. The Clay Paky Sharpy series and Skylos come to mind, for example.

MyUsernameTX

Newly Enlightened
Wow, thanks guys!

Being outdoor rated isn't 100% required as it will be under quite an overhang, as long as it could deal with some humidity it should be fine

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
You could strap a spotlight to a Pelco PTZ mount. As cameras have gotten smaller, there should be a surplus of those old, larger PTZ units floating around.

Ocelot808

Enlightened
Just looked at GOLIGHT. Really impressive high end PTZ products, wireless remote controlled for auto or marine use. Very weather sealed. Expensive (about $500) but looks to be top shelf quality. Stryker model is a compact 10 LED spotlight with impressive 1500 meter range (almost a mile). Halogen option available. Nebraska based. This is a find!

Ocelot808

Enlightened
The Clay Paky Sharpy series and Skylos come to mind, for example.
Those are super hardcore professional grade searchlights. The Skylos is an insane dream come true, 300W white laser equivalent to 4kW xenon with over 11k lumens..... for $20000
The Sharpy uses a 550W Xenon arc lamp and can produce a staggering 43.2Mcd intensity (432000 lux at 10 meters!!!).

If you can afford the $500 the Golight is the way to go. It can be magnet mount or permanent and can be used on anything. For home use you will need a 12V power supply, not expensive. I don't need one, but looking at it now I want one, dammit.

Last edited:

Ocelot808

Enlightened
Milwaukee makes one also. Can be hardwired or run off their 18Volt battery. Might be in cahoots with GoLight.
The bare bones hardwired light goes for $750, and the deluxe portable kit with 18V batteries and charger is $1150. Performance wise on par with Golight but much more expensive. Obviously priced for commercial applications. I think the Golight has the edge for substantially less coin.