• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Re:Advance payment for limited SF-III run. ENDED!

ARC mania

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re:Advance payment for limited SF-III run. ENDED!

I decided to make them a go! Tell your friends and neighbors. With your help, we can make them work. I'm excited about it.

I want to make 50 units then everyone gets maximum benefits because that is the point the light is the cheapest. I am making them in the US and sending from Japan so a lot of the cost is in the shipping.

Paying ahead would help a lot. Look around and you will see I have a 100% track record with a lot of successful lights on my belt.

I really want to let as many as possible experience these lights. They are different and as you can see, they have staying power. 2002 lights surviving after many generations of lights have come and gone means they are a pretty safe bet. Of course these are modernized. Look at the other lights I make and you can get an idea of what the quality, especially the insides, are like.

I want to make heavy duty bright lights that can be dimmed for long runtime. And I want them to use many battery options. Plus I want to make sure it can be upgraded in the future.

You can also participate. Tell me your wishes and I'll see if I can work them in. We can make it happen.

Here are the specs:

2 x CR123 or 2 x RCR123 and of course every flashaholic's favorite, the 18650 cell.
Multifunction - 3 levels of brightness 2.9 amps to the LED in turbo mode
Gold plated inner converter module
Tailcap switch with gold plated contacts and springs
Machined from T6061
HA III olive drab
SchottB270 glass with AR coating on both sides 2mm in thickness
Chem-kote interior
Silicone o-rings
Reverse polarity protected
Aluminum orange peel reflector
One pc body
Carrying case
OPTION: specify combat grip or standard grip. Warm white or cool white MCE LED.

(Cool white brightness bin : M, tint: WC, Warm white unknown at this time but will make every effort to acquire brightest possible bin.)

Now let me work on the numbers. You gather your friends.

Send your pre-payment of ******* cash which includes Paypal fees and express mail shipping to arcmania (at) hotmail (dot) com PLEASE include your CPF name along with what you are paying for (specify cool tint or warm white and regular barrel or combat barrel) and your shipping address. Note: I will not refund any pre-paid money for this project. If you can't wait or change your mind, I ask that you sell your slot to someone else. Money has to be given up front to acquire the parts needed to assemble such a magnificent work of art.

ARC mania

jagi6d.jpg

rhs50p.jpg

2qivh5h.jpg

2hgctcg.jpg

ogjmo0.jpg

20jiz5k.jpg

jtmouh.jpg

15hilvn.jpg

mm7url.jpg

Last edited:

ARC mania

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Advance payment for limited SF-III run.

Advance payment list. I will end this pre-payment when all 50 units are sold or in three weeks time. It will take another 8 to 12 weeks after ending the pre-payment to deliver the SF-III's.

ARC mania

1.. toby_pra - std - cool white - shipped!
2.. qarawol - std - cool white - shipped!
3.. qarawol - combat - cool white - shipped!
4.. proline - std - warm white - MCE - shipped!
5.. smokelaw1 - std - cool white - shipped!
6.. LED Zeppelin - std -cool white - shipped!
7.. dinokay - std - cool white - shipped!
8.. proline -std - cool white -shipped!
9.. tanasit - combat grip - cool white - shipped!
10. laser - std - cool white - shipped!
11. Olaf_S -std - cool white - shipped!
12. proline - combat grip - warm white - shipped!
13. Zoran - std - cool white - shipped!
14. Elakazam - combat grip - cool white - shipped!
15. Elakazam - combat grip - cool white - shipped!
16. proline - combat grip - cool white - shipped!
17. Japanese - combat grip - cool white - shipped!
18. E-J-J - AA - shipped!
19. zeissOEM2 - combat grip - cool white -HOLD-
20. Zoran - AA - shipped!
21. Cheesy - combat grip - cool white - shipped!
22. blitzlicht65 - std - cool white - shipped!
23. ArsMachina - std - cool white - shipped!
24. E-J-J - std - cool white - shipped!
25. The Coach - std - cool white - shipped!
26. Cheesy - std - warm white - shipped!
27. BSBG - std - cool white - shipped!
28. proline - std - cool white - shipped!
29. Sector7 - std - cool white - shipped!
30. jefft - std - cool white - shipped!
31. nfetterly - std - cool white - shipped!
32. MrBigBossMan - std - cool white - shipped!
33. senorcosas - std - cool white - shipped!
34. senorcosas - std - cool white - shipped!
35. daloosh - std - cool white - shipped!
36. ace0001a - combat grip - cool white - shipped!
37. one2tim - std - cool white - shipped!
38. Metatron - std - spl - shipped!
39. SpeedPRO - std - cool white
40. cm048 - std - cool white - shipped!
41. Joseph Milton - std - cool white - shipped!
42. Gary123 - std - cool white - shipped!
43. Steve Z - std - cool white - shipped!
44. blitzlicht65 - std - cool white - shipped!
45. Glenn7 - std - cool white - shipped!
46. mendhammarsh - std - cool white - shipped!
47. gottwearshades - std - cool white - shipped!
48. SCblur - std - cool white - shipped!
49. AaronM - std - cool white - picked up in person -
50. whitelight - std - cool whiteL - HOLD!
51. ledcarry - std - cool white - shipped!

Last edited:

Arc mania, your stuff is amazing. The best quality flashlights I've ever seen outside of McGizmo. I would be interested in getting in on this, too, but, like some, I would need to sell a few things in order to fund the pre-pay. My question is: when would the lights be delivered? I'm OK if it's just a short time, like a month or two, but when it gets to six, nine, twelve months on a pre-pay my interest level drops off substantially, even for a killer light like this. I guess I'm the worst kind: the instant gratification mentality. Anyway, I'm very, very interested in this project! :twothumbs

Edit: just saw the timeframe in your post. Thanks!

proline

Enlightened

One
Warm white
Standard grip

Are these also going to be made with the six die emitter or MCE only ??
:paypal:

Last edited:

ARC mania

Flashlight Enthusiast

arewethereyetdad: Understand your feelings. The new SF-III is a bit of a PITA to assemble. When screwing in the gold plated module, I will be using gloves as I don't want to get any finger prints or sweat on the module so that it will look good eternally. This is just one part that I take great care and pride in so calculating assembly, testing, writing shipping labels, checking payment against PP, packing, driving to the post office getting in line, receiving bodies and, checking for damage should not exceed 4 months at the latest after all 50 units are pre-paid for.

proline: MCE emitter only at the moment. Will update LED options as we go along.

I've already started on the design of the body and the head and barrel will be one pc. This means that two different SF-III's will be made. one with standard grip and one with combat grip. Will post some pictures in the next 24 hours. Its 4AM here and need some sleep.

ARC mania

Olaf_S

Enlightened

Hi Mike,

for me please.
Choosing Options after see your next pictures.

Thanks
Greetings
Olaf

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic

Highly highly interested in this light!

Before I throw my hat over the wall and alot of money. :wave:

What are the 3 output levels going to be set at and what is the estimation of runtime at those 3 levels on 1 protected AW 18650?

Pending info, I would be after one warm white with standard grip. :) Thank you sir.

Last edited:

Flipside

Enlightened

Mmmm, these look tasty!

Given that you're making a run of these, what options can be defined by the purchaser? Can one specify a serial number, what's 'printed' on the [bezel], etc? Are deposits, say 25% at the time of order, 25% when parts are ordered / module assembled, 25% when anno is complete, 25% at shipping possible?

I appreciate and admire your reputation and work, and do not imply any insults or negative mojo. Having close to $500 invested in a proposal is a lot to have hanging out there for an indeterminate amount of time without guarantee of a full refund or a finished product.

qarawol

Enlightened

Having close to $500 invested in a proposal is a lot to have hanging out there for an indeterminate amount of time without guarantee of a full refund or a finished product.

I have to chime in here and say there are no worries with 'ARC mania' in my book. I have done many 100%+ down payment pre-pays with him and he always came through 110%. Some items have taken a lot of bit of time to receive and it's usually beyond his control though he does come through. As you can read, there are no posts here on CPF/MP stating that he screwed them.

Pre-pay are just that. Mucho funds are needed to get a special project off the drawing board and into our hands. He's a one man show, less machining work, and needs are hard earn dollars to give us what we want.

I have over 35 of his creations and almost all of them were bought direct from him and a lot of them were pre-pays.

He's okay with me for giving my money up front.

Njoy...

proline

Enlightened

1.. toby_pra - std - cool white
2.. qarawol - std - cool white
3.. qarawol - combat - cool white
4.. proline - std - warm white - MCE
5.. smokelaw1 - std - cool white
6.. LED Zeppelin - std -cool white
7.. dinokay - std - cool white
8.. proline -std - cool white
9.. tanasit - combat grip - cool white
10. laser - std - cool white
11. Olaf_S -std - cool white
12. proline - combat grip - warm white
13. Zoran - std - cool white
14. Elakazam - combat grip - cool white
15. Elakazam - combat grip - cool white
16. proline - combat grip - cool white
17. Japanese - combat grip - cool white
18. N.A. - AA -
19. zeissOEM2 - combat grip - cool white
20. Zoran - AA -
21. Cheesy - combat grip - cool white
22. blitzlicht65 - std - cool white
23. ArsMachina - std - cool white
24. N.A. - std - cool white
25. The Coach - std - cool white
26. Cheesy - std - warm white
27. BSBG - std - cool white
28. proline - std - cool white
29. Sector7 - std - cool white
30. jefft - std - cool white
31. nfetterly - std - cool white
32. MrBigBossMan - std - cool white
33. senorcosas - std - cool white
35. daloosh - std - cool white
36. ace0001a - combat grip - cool white

Nobody else is ordering warm white except me?? What am I some kind of weirdo here ?? :eek: :nana:

At last, another warm white order:

26. Cheesy - std - warm white.

I'm not alone anymore...:D

:twothumbs :twothumbs :twothumbs

Last edited:

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast

:nana:

Nobody else is ordering warm white except me?? What am I some kind of weirdo here ?? :eek: :nana:

IMO, warm white is the way to go.. though I only have a WW fauxton. :shrug:

arewethereyetdad: Understand your feelings. The new SF-III is a bit of a PITA to assemble. When screwing in the gold plated module, I will be using gloves as I don't want to get any finger prints or sweat on the module so that it will look good eternally. This is just one part that I take great care and pride in so calculating assembly, testing, writing shipping labels, checking payment against PP, packing, driving to the post office getting in line, receiving bodies and, checking for damage should not exceed 4 months at the latest after all 50 units are pre-paid for.

Mike, thanks for the clarification. I understand.

I've already started on the design of the body and the head and barrel will be one pc. This means that two different SF-III's will be made. one with standard grip and one with combat grip.

Hmmm. Not sure about this. The old version, in my opinion, was perfect. Why change? I liked being able to unscrew the body from the head. I'll be interested in seeing some pics. Also, I much prefer the standard body over the combat version.

Flipside

Enlightened

I have to chime in here and say there are no worries with 'ARC mania' in my book. I have done many 100%+ down payment pre-pays with him and he always came through 110%. Some items have taken a lot of bit of time to receive and it's usually beyond his control though he does come through. As you can read, there are no posts here on CPF/MP stating that he screwed them.

Pre-pay are just that. Mucho funds are needed to get a special project off the drawing board and into our hands. He's a one man show, less machining work, and needs are hard earn dollars to give us what we want.

I have over 35 of his creations and almost all of them were bought direct from him and a lot of them were pre-pays.

He's okay with me for giving my money up front.

Njoy...

While I appreciate the third party feedback, this proposition would be much more attractive to me if it were modeled along the lines of the SPY 007 program. Obviously, if the product is that good, that rare, that unique, it should sell itself. In the case of the SPY, it did.

Patriot

Flashaholic

Sounds good but what kind of time frame are we talking about? Is it just fully dependent upon how long it takes to fill 50 slots?

Latest posts