• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Re:Advance payment for limited SF-III run. ENDED!

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
Re: Advance payment for limited SF-III run.

Neat looking LED, is it a very cool tint?

What are the 3 output levels going to be set at and what is the estimation of runtime at those 3 levels on 1 protected AW 18650?

If you don't know it's alot better to say you're undecided at the moment than to just not respond to my question.

ARC mania

Flashlight Enthusiast

Sgt. LED: Can't give you a runtime on an AW 18650. I don't own a 18650. Maybe sometime in the future someone can do a runtime test for all of us. The 4 die LED is only made in cool white and its the brightset 4 die LED I have seen to date. The 3 levels of brightness is 20%, 45% and 100%. Hope this helps answer your questions.

I am still working on the picture of the SF-III and will post it within a few more hours. I see that no one has guessed the LED in the picture above.

ARC mania

ace0001a

Flashlight Enthusiast

toby_pra: Will post the standard grip soon.

Can you guess what LED this is? Its 30% brighter than a MCE M in brightness.

ARC mania

opyder.jpg

A quad-die Wahwang or Edison Opto??? :thinking: :duh2: Any LED experts here care to chime in???

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hey All

Here are some picts that Mike as me to post as he is having Computer troubles

Dave

hyper-luxjapan3-17-091-3.jpg

hyper-luxjapan3-17-092-3.jpg

hyper-luxjapan3-17-093-3.jpg

Last edited:

toby_pra

Flashaholic

I know i will take the standard grip...:tinfoil:

This one looks awesome Mike!!! :thumbsup:

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast

No slots in the tailcap like the original??

Mac

IMG_0666-vi.jpg

ARC mania

Flashlight Enthusiast

The old king's crown tailcap was nice but due to the thin aluminum around the slits, a slight drop on a hard surface or table would cause them to bend. I had numerous people ask for spares but couldn't get enough people to meet my machinist's MOQ. Plus this design only worked with the Kroll switch. The negative thing was the Kroll could not handle high current for long before melting. Plus, there was a lot of internal resistance. The new tailcap switch can handle up to 10 amps. It has a gold plated spring and no internal resistance. Its small and from my standards, its perfect. The new tailcap is a bit different and can handle more abuse. It will also help you distinguish the new from the old.

ARC mania

smokelaw1

Flashlight Enthusiast

OK, it seems that I don't BUY Arc Mania lights, I just rent them.

I just sold off two of my 1 X 123 lights painfully cheap to add myself to this list.
I'll take one. For now, set me up with the MC-E, cool white. Once you update, I'll go with that new-fangled uber-bright mystery LED.

Oh, what is the beam pattern like with that LED compared to the old SFIII, and comapred to the P7? The MC-E?

Thanks!!!!

Last edited:

ARC mania

Flashlight Enthusiast

smokelaw1: I saw you selling your two prized possesions earlier and was suprised at how much you liked the new SF-III. With the mystery LED the viewing angle is very tight. I am guessing about 5 degrees. It also has a lot of side spill. Compared to the MCE and P7, its also much tighter and 30% brighter at the same drive current. Tint is a nice 6000K similar to an X0 tint of a Luxeon.

ARC mania

smokelaw1

Flashlight Enthusiast

They are prized possessions, but like I said, I feel like I rent a lot of lights. They were used (lovingly and carefully), but not getting the use that I feel a light should get (with the exceptions of a VERY few shelf queens). I have been looking for a new 2 X 123 light, and was actually about to comission a full custom when I saw this light. Pocket-sized, but not tiny, with a few usable light levels, plus one blazing level for giggles and for when you REALLY need it.

I LOVE the sound of that LED. When the upgrade officially become available, just in case I miss it (not been spending as much time on line lately), I will take that upgrade. Jusging from what you said, it sounds great, and knowing that you won't put anything in there until it's JUST right, I'm sold.

Will it hit full brightness on primaries?

Oh, and may I have #5 please?

THANKS, and PP is incoming.

Last edited:

ARC mania

Flashlight Enthusiast

smokelaw1: I just wanted to thank you for your pre-pay along with the rest of the people on the list. Without the pre-pay I couldn't make this possible. The answer to your question is a definite yes. The SF-III will hit full brightness regardless of the batteries used. RCR123, CR123 or 18650. #005 it will be.

If I wasn't involved in the accident earlier on and having to pay a hefty medical bill, I would have been able to cover this run. I didn't want to mention this as it only sounds like an excuse. Even in my condition at the time, I was broken up but continued cranking out lights I owed people. This was the ME II run. So rest assured, I always, regardless of the situation, keep my promises. I really appreciate all those trusting in me and making a dream flashlight become a reality. Thank you.

ARC mania

Last edited:

toby_pra

Flashaholic

If I wasn't involved in the accident earlier on and having to pay a hefty medical bill, I would have been able to cover this run. I didn't want to mention this as it only sounds like an excuse.

ARC mania

Hey Mike no worries...:wave: