Fenix LOD-CE Q4 saves the day!

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
I guess it was Christmas 2007 I got my wife the red Fenix LOD-Q4, with the snow flakes on it, etc. It has been on her keychain ever since. I don't think she uses it very often, but she did today. She's currently working at a daycare and they lost power. Her and her co-worker took turns holding the LOD so they could see to change the kids' diapers. :p She said she used it for around 25 minutes. It sounds like she had it on low most of the time. I have an energizer lithium AAA in it.

I was all excited she made good use of the light and that it actually came in handy for her. :) I'm also glad she remembered she had it and used it. If she told me about the power outage and forgetting she had that flashlight at her disposal I would have :mecry:but she remembered she had it so :party:

ninjaboigt

Enlightened
lol that is good she remebered, sometimes i pack so much gear that i might " use" that i forget that i have it...

Patriot

Flashaholic
I was all excited she made good use of the light and that it actually came in handy for her. :) I'm also glad she remembered she had it and used it. If she told me about the power outage and forgetting she had that flashlight at her

....lol. It's seems odd to me that these become such proud moments for people like us but hey, what can we say? It's just cool in a gratifying, small scale way. :cool:

Tell her good job for us! You too. ;)

RonM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Glad she remembered it. Does her coworker want one now?

I equip all my women (wife and 2 daughters) with 1AAA EDC's. They use them often enough that I don't worry about them forgetting.

Burgess

Flashaholic
to WadeF --

Good Job to both you, and your wife.

:twothumbs

But hafta' say i'm Very Disappointed the Daycare Center
lacks any Emergency Lighting ! ! ! :thumbsdow

What if your wife didn't have her flashlight ?

Get the picture ?

Looks like they need to hire you as an
"Emergency Lighting Consultant". :whistle:

BTW, a couple good Headlamps might be helpful. :cool:

Best of Luck (and health) to you and your wife.

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
The daycare does have emergency lighting, but I guess the area where they take the kids for diaper changes isn't well lit, since it isn't an emergency exit route, etc. :)

Something tells me if I packed a headlamp in my wife's purse she would rather sit in the dark than use it. :p

qip

Flashlight Enthusiast
time to convince her ...."honey , now you see how good it is to be prepared...and my hobby isnt crazy lol...time for an upgrade...how bout a AA light for the purse :grin2:"

burntoshine

Enlightened
that's awesome!

i got my future-wife a purple E01 about 6 months ago with a lithium AAA in it. i think the pretty purple is the only way i could get a light on her keychain. she told me it's already come in handy several times. :)

i just found out my mom doesn't have one flashlight in her entire house! looks like she's getting one of my old sam's club LED lights with lithiums.

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
Another cool thing is she was able to figure out how to get to LOW. Not that the LOD-CE has a complicated UI, but for someone who rarely uses it I was happy she knew how to work it and picked the appropriate level of light for the task. :)