• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired 2P 18650 P60 M*g 1D by Fivemega

Sanderman

Newly Enlightened
Got mine today. The battery holder was jammed in so tight it took 45 minutes to get it out. I've also found mine to be a bit finiky about making a circuit. The anodized threads on the tail cap and body make no real electrical contact at all so the unfinished tail cap edge has to be firmly seated against the unfinished end of the main cylinder or no light. Once I figured that out it works fine, but without lube, screwing it down that far was virtually impossible given the tension of the tail cap spring and the resistance of the O ring.

There was also a little rust on the fins on the head. It came off with a bit of brushing with a stiff bristled brush. Anyone have any ideas on how to prevent that from recurring? A coat of something that doesn't feel greasy, but what? I was thinking wax, but the heat will melt it. Or oil, but I don't want it to be greasy. A poly seal of some kind? Any suggestions? Once I got over the humps I really like it, but it's not quite finished product the Cooly 26650 is.

Joe

psychbeat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I thought the head was aluminum?

My holder was pretty tight too but I sanded it down.
I may drill a few holes in it to reduce the weight as its solid steel.

bugsy714

Flashlight Enthusiast
All mag tailcaps need to be cranked tight to make solid contact, the good thing is that allows the tailcap to lockout which is a must with high power lights.

The spring could also be trimmed a bit as it is fully compressed once the cap is on, I was going to trip mine also.

For the battery holder, mine moves in/out freely, it is a tight fit but has never stuck, nothing a little sandpaper won't solve! It would be good to notch the edge so a pair of needlenose pliers could grab it to pull it out if need be. Also drilling some holes through the solid areas between the battery cutouts would help lighten it slightly but I don't find the host heavy at all compared to my copper 26650 that is like a hand weight!

Sanderman

Newly Enlightened
I like the heft of the thng. I've got to both trim the spring and sand the battery holder. Drilling a hole or two makes a lot of sense. The spring had the battery holder jammed so tight I was beginning to think I'd never get it out. My holder jams easily and the spring has so much tension that screwing on the end cap is a 5 minute work out. In spite of that I love the thing.

Joe

All mag tailcaps need to be cranked tight to make solid contact, the good thing is that allows the tailcap to lockout which is a must with high power lights.

The spring could also be trimmed a bit as it is fully compressed once the cap is on, I was going to trip mine also.

For the battery holder, mine moves in/out freely, it is a tight fit but has never stuck, nothing a little sandpaper won't solve! It would be good to notch the edge so a pair of needlenose pliers could grab it to pull it out if need be. Also drilling some holes through the solid areas between the battery cutouts would help lighten it slightly but I don't find the host heavy at all compared to my copper 26650 that is like a hand weight!

simplec6

Enlightened
Fivemega, i am trying to build a 4s2p mag on a 5d or 6d mag. Can you acquire one of those to make me a 4.25d mag? If not, I can cut I down myself, but i will need to buy your tailcap aluminum block for negative contact on the spring, and also I will buy one of your cut down mag switches with the two positive inputs.

dengdam

Newly Enlightened
anyone know what size the drop in space of this and COOLY 26650 are? diameter and length? how long can the drop in be and how large of a heatsink can i put in there?

psychbeat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't have calipers but I can say mine seems VERY close to a Surefire C2 space-wise.

My Vanisledsm quad fits as well as my wrapped reflector modules.

psychbeat

Flashlight Enthusiast
hey Varooj,
is shipping for 2UCLs (I lost mine ;( ) 7$ to CA?
and are they included in the 30%off sale? -EDIT oops I see that theyre not

Last edited: