32,000 lumen light --- So who's calling BS on this?

martinaee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Found this on youtube? Legit? Or legitimately un-plausible :) ? *32,000 lumen, 48 xm-l, in a package that looks like a 6v searchlight from Rayovak from the 90's* Let the fun begin... :poke:

Seems way to good to be true and the heat output on that thing would be insane for the package size. They don't even have pictures of it anywhere online :)

TEEJ

Flashaholic
LOL

He didn't say ANSI lumens.

:D

It looks like a swappable Ryobi Li-ion pack, so it might be 18 v for example.

He claims 20 minutes at 1.8 amps,...per LED IIRC.

48 LED x 1.8 amps/LED= 86.7 amps

The math doesn't look so good.

martinaee

Flashlight Enthusiast
LOL yeah it looks like they basically thought: "Okay... each xm-l will put out about 666 lumens..... times 48 = 32k lumens. 'claps dust off hands' let's go eat dinner" *walks off into sunset*

:laughing:

Patriot

Flashaholic
LOL yeah it looks like they basically thought: "Okay... each xm-l will put out about 666 lumens..... times 48 = 32k lumens. 'claps dust off hands' let's go eat dinner" *walks off into sunset*

:laughing:

LOL!!!! That comment actually reminded me of some extraordinarily short sighted posts I've seen on CPF at times.

Illum

Flashaholic
LOL

He didn't say ANSI lumens.

It looks like a swappable Ryobi Li-ion pack, so it might be 18 v for example.

He claims 20 minutes at 1.8 amps,...per LED IIRC.

48 LED x 1.8 amps/LED= 86.7 amps

The math doesn't look so good.

18V Ryobi... so conceivably 4-5 LEDs per string, 48 LEDs would only draw 10~12A. Even that is still alot

TEEJ

Flashaholic
18V Ryobi... so conceivably 4-5 LEDs per string, 48 LEDs would only draw 10~12A. Even that is still alot

For how LONG though....those cells are only ~ 4 amps total for the top of the line.

Illum

Flashaholic
:shrug:

Most lights with barn burner intensity are not devised with longevity in mind. Hell forget runtime, I would be really surprised if he can last 5 minutes without the 48 XMLs burning holes through his flashlight.

TEEJ

Flashaholic
:shrug:

Most lights with barn burner intensity are not devised with longevity in mind. Hell forget runtime, I would be really surprised if he can last 5 minutes without the 48 XMLs burning holes through his flashlight.

Exactly, he SAID he gets ~ 20 minutes on HIGH.

martinaee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Another thing that gets me is anybody on these forums who has played with lights for a while begins to understand a little about throw---- The light they are showing seems to have a fairly focused beam...

9 square mm xm-l times 48 gives one a 432 square mm surface area (sort of --- we are assuming they aren't touching). But even if they aren't that makes the point even stronger------> You would need either a HUGE reflector on the light or some sort of crazy optic on the front to really focus that light that well. Even in the video it doesn't look like a relative 32k lumens unless the very warm headlights or other source of light are already super bright.

Let's be generous and say they are illuminating the guy himself with 3000 lumen HID headlamps --- at 32k lumens the trees closest to him should still be way overexposed and yet it looks more like a cool white beam version of my Fenix E50 at 780 lumens. (Edit: okay maybe brighter than that.... but not over 2000 lumens)

On youtube the guy pm'ed me basically saying I'm an idiot for questioning the specs they give on the light, but honestly pics/samples or it never happend! :ironic:

They also have a video with an 18,000 lumen helmet light. I'm guessing they didn't get get a patent on a 4sevens XM18 helmet-mount system hehe...

Last edited:

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
The description in the video doesn't even match the written stats for the SAME LIGHT, on the SAME PAGE. Does that remind you of anything? Perhaps...XXXX-fire and their pack of lies? Gold star!

If they can't be bothered to get their lies straight, the quality control in every area is totally non-existent. Even if this was real, I wouldn't give them a dollar for the whole thing.

Darvis

Enlightened
No no no, you guys missed the part where that really is a cheap light in his hand the 32k lumens are from laser beams shooting out of his eyes.

IMSabbel

Enlightened
Also: Check the brightness compared to the halogen lowbeam of the car. Its a bright light, but it looks more like 4-5000 lumen than 32000 lumen on high.

martinaee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Also: Check the brightness compared to the halogen lowbeam of the car. Its a bright light, but it looks more like 4-5000 lumen than 32000 lumen on high.

Yeah. That's what I was saying--- even if those are halogen or even hid lights putting out (very generously) 5000 lumens then the trees closest to him should still be overexposed. But in reality those are just general halogen car lights and probably not putting out over 1500 lumens total. Which means it's even more sad lol.