35W HID for Work - Which one?

iced_theater

Enlightened

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Hey there, I work Security at huge industrial complexes at night and I need something as powerfull, or even more powerfull than Car lights, the brighther the better really. For Searching and blinding intruders.

:confused:

That's the type of work I do. Normally I use a Fenix P3D, with my Surefire L4 as back-up. I also have a Solarforce L600 nearby in case I need throw.

If you have encountered intruders on the client's site, something is very wrong there. Where I work, there are two seperate Guard-houses. One near the perimeter, and one by the main enterance. The Guards inside of them are actually State employees. (They get paid better than State Troopers). I wish I was one of them.

Point is though, I can do my job with no worries about encountering intruders. Everyone I encounter at night is supposed to be there.

Honestly, if encountering intruders is likely where you work, a high-output light you can instantly fire up (like a Surefire M6 or 10x Dominator) would be better than a HID.

Worklight

Newly Enlightened
:confused:

That's the type of work I do. Normally I use a Fenix P3D, with my Surefire L4 as back-up. I also have a Solarforce L600 nearby in case I need throw.

If you have encountered intruders on the client's site, something is very wrong there. Where I work, there are two seperate Guard-houses. One near the perimeter, and one by the main enterance. The Guards inside of them are actually State employees. (They get paid better than State Troopers). I wish I was one of them.

Point is though, I can do my job with no worries about encountering intruders. Everyone I encounter at night is supposed to be there.

Honestly, if encountering intruders is likely where you work, a high-output light you can instantly fire up (like a Surefire M6 or 10x Dominator) would be better than a HID.

You'd be suprised whats lurking around these parts :twak:.