35w HID Streamlight?

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
Not sure where you saw it as $435. I just clicked on the link, and it is only showing the $750 retail price. Lead Acid battery, 35W....ummm...no thanks...even with the cool adjustable head.

02Scuba

Banned
I have a Wolfs' Eyes Crocodile that's rated at 3400 lumens. If someone in our hunting party is unluky enough to hit a pig at dusk that does not immediately dispatch the animal, we have to go in to the brush and find the animal. Sometimes it's still alive and any scared, injured cornered animal can be dangerous, but a 200-250 lb. boar or sow can hurt you.

That Crocodile has helped us find a lot of wounded game and finish it with having to so close that a final charge by the animal is a real threat. It's really one hell of a bright light. Little on the large side when you compare it to some 24 W HiDs like the Microfire 2000R.

If the 35 W Streamlight can match the Crocodile in lumen output but is a little smaller then Streamlight might have winner. However, with a lead acid battery compared to the Crocodile's Li-on's, my hopes are not high. I guess the new Streamlight would obviously have other applications as well as hunting applications, but I would hope to see these big flame throwers get smaller, not larger and heavier.

If anyone picks up a new 35 W Streamlight I would sure like to hear what they think of it and I'm sure other's are equally interested.

ksonger

Newly Enlightened
hmmm, i wonder if i can get just the head and replace my litebox dual filament?

ken

Ra

Flashlight Enthusiast
It looks very..... RED !!!

I think a simple 140 dollar mod will have the same quality !!

Regards,

Ra.