#4 FOURSEVENS Quark Smart QSL !

Blades

Flashlight Enthusiast
The side switch has mode memory. It should come back on in whatever mode it was when you shut it off.

However if you want strobe a double press of the side switch while the light is off will shortcut to strobe.

Yeah, that is the problem. I wanted strobe to be one click of the side button, and high for the tail switch. I have mine set for two modes(high/strobe -- all others turned off). I switched it back to high on the side switch and strobe on the tail cap. Hopefully there will be an update that will swap the two.

nbp

Flashaholic
Turn it to high and triple click while on and turn off with the tail button and the tail button will be assigned to high.

Then turn it on in strobe and turn off; the memory function will be assigned so the side switch will turn on in strobe.

Blades

Flashlight Enthusiast
Turn it to high and triple click while on and turn off with the tail button and the tail button will be assigned to high.

Then turn it on in strobe and turn off; the memory function will be assigned so the side switch will turn on in strobe.

I had done that but my side switch would go back to high. Using the app I only have strobe and high activated and using the programming mode I also have it set for high and strobe. Do I need to change something or reset it and re-try? I wondered if the programming mode has it resetting.

Blades

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have no idea. I assumed that would work.

:)
It does work, for a time. I have tried it but for some reason the side switch ends up back on high. I am trying it again. So far, the settings are holding.

nnasko

Newly Enlightened
Hello everyone,
I received my QSL a few days ago. The side switch and tail switch works excellent, as described a few posts above from David and Ferdi.
The tail switch needs a firm press to work with supplied 4Sevens CR123 battery. When I put AW ICR RCR123 battery I need to turn back 1/4 turn the cap and the back switch operation is very reliable!
It took me some time to get the proper timing for Tap or Hold side switch operations and now I can use programing mode, described by Ferdy with ese.
My only problem is - how to make the side switch blink like on the videos?
It only blinks RED when I am putting a new battery or make programing to the light (according to Ferdi's instruction in this thread).
As an Android device user I've asked a colleague for help and today we downloaded the 4Sevens iOs app on his iPhone 6.
The software found the light, no message for firmware update. The device info in the app shows firmware ver1.31 hardware ver.1.
The app works flawless - changed modes and UI like a charm.
In the CLOCK menu (the icon under battery level gauge) I enabled battery warning indicator (on 20%), I enabled the side switch to light 50 minutes after I turn off the light.
The side switch is not blinking, no light at all. No battery level blinks, nothing!
Only RED blink on battery change and in programming mode.
Any ideas - why the switch is not blinking?

Blades

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello everyone,
I received my QSL a few days ago. The side switch and tail switch works excellent, as described a few posts above from David and Ferdi.
The tail switch needs a firm press to work with supplied 4Sevens CR123 battery. When I put AW ICR RCR123 battery I need to turn back 1/4 turn the cap and the back switch operation is very reliable!
It took me some time to get the proper timing for Tap or Hold side switch operations and now I can use programing mode, described by Ferdy with ese.
My only problem is - how to make the side switch blink like on the videos?
It only blinks RED when I am putting a new battery or make programing to the light (according to Ferdi's instruction in this thread).
As an Android device user I've asked a colleague for help and today we downloaded the 4Sevens iOs app on his iPhone 6.
The software found the light, no message for firmware update. The device info in the app shows firmware ver1.31 hardware ver.1.
The app works flawless - changed modes and UI like a charm.
In the CLOCK menu (the icon under battery level gauge) I enabled battery warning indicator (on 20%), I enabled the side switch to light 50 minutes after I turn off the light.
The side switch is not blinking, no light at all. No battery level blinks, nothing!
Only RED blink on battery change and in programming mode.
Any ideas - why the switch is not blinking?

Does it ever blink green? Did it blink when pairing with the iPhone?

nnasko

Newly Enlightened
Does it ever blink green? Did it blink when pairing with the iPhone?
Hello, I've never seen green light on the switch. Only red blinks on battery insert and programing.
No green light during pairing process.

Last edited:

Blades

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello, I've never seen green light on the switch. Only red blinks on battery insert and programing.
No green light during pairing process.

When you turn the light on it should be green while the light is activated. If it isn't then I think you have a glitch.

nnasko

Newly Enlightened
When you turn the light on it should be green while the light is activated. If it isn't then I think you have a glitch.
Thank you very much for your collaboration. I will contact 4Sevens Customer Support.
Have a nice day.

Blades

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you very much for your collaboration. I will contact 4Sevens Customer Support.
Have a nice day.

Your welcome. It is a great little light and I am looking forward to future updates in the app.

nnasko

Newly Enlightened
Have a nice day.

To update my case.
Waiting for a replacement unit from 4sevens CS. Missing green light on power button is a hardware issue and can't be solved with a software version or programming.

Last edited:

Blades

Flashlight Enthusiast
To update my case.
Waiting for a replacement unit from 4sevens CS. Missing green light on power button is a hardware issue and can't be solved with a software version or programming.

Glad to hear it is being resolved.

Jambo

Newly Enlightened
So to clarify, the new replacement tailcaps fix the issue with primary CR123A's? I pre-ordered one of the first batch, the app updates seemed to have resolved all the software issues, but the light is quite hard to activate via the momentary on rear tailcap switch which is a big issue for me. Hence my light is still pretty much BNIB. :( I only use primaries...

Last edited:

piper

Newly Enlightened
So to clarify, the new replacement tailcaps fix the issue with primary CR123A's? I pre-ordered one of the first batch, the app updates seemed to have resolved all the software issues, but the light is quite hard to activate via the momentary on rear tailcap switch which is a big issue for me. Hence my light is still pretty much BNIB. :( I only use primaries...

The new tail cap I received worked for me. I use only primaries as well (usually Panasonic).

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hey Jambi,
Unscrew your tailcap 1/4 to 1/2 a turn-it will still be waterproof and will make it work...

nnasko

Newly Enlightened
Hey Jambi,
Unscrew your tailcap 1/4 to 1/2 a turn-it will still be waterproof and will make it work...
This works for me only on rechargeable battery. With primaries /4Sevens CR123A/ the plunger is too short and barely touches the battery, need to press really hard to make it work.
Based on my observations this tailcap design is the main problem of this light. Pressing the tailcap switch a few times, or just pushing the tailcap back and forth against the body makes the light to 'hang' /constant RED light on side switch/ and need a restart /remove the battery for a few minutes/ to make it work again.
The side switch is very well designed and works flawless.

nnasko

Newly Enlightened
Good news for me! The replacement item is here and the green light is operational !! Thank you TJ from Fourseven CS!!!