From the FourSevens website:

BRIGHTNESS LEVELSLow: 25 lumens, 30 hrs
High:450 lumens, 2 hrs
SPECIAL MODESStrobe(10hz): 3 hrs
S.O.S.: 6 hrs
Medium Output: 100 lumens, 4 hours
Beacon(High): 9 hours
Beacon(Low): 16 hours

I will have to look at it again and to see how to access the hidden mode. At least the runtimes look good aka modern. The strike bezel thing is beyond goody for such a small EDC. Still I will check it out again. The low is still too high IMHO.

Lumencrazy

Enlightened
The super terminator, attack bezel for all of those sofa soldiers. Maybe a little over the top?

Last edited:

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I used to love 4sevens, and have several of their (older) lights. I just don't understand what has happened to them over the past 2 years. They really need to rethink their design strategy. :sigh:

holygeez03

Enlightened
For one thing, they got sued and had to stop producing the Quark line... but you can do your own research on that.

I think they sell a lot of lights through retail channels now? So the business focus probably shifts from innovation to marketing/production.

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lol WOW I could never make a living selling gear to enthusiasts/collectors. At least not go to their forums while I'm doing it.

Lucky Duck

Enlightened
Whilst picking nits I noticed the pocket clip seems to leave a wee bit too much out of the pocket for my taste. But that's just me.

insanefred

Enlightened
I used to love 4sevens, and have several of their (older) lights. I just don't understand what has happened to them over the past 2 years. They really need to rethink their design strategy. :sigh:

No more neutral white, let alone warm whites, and no sign of interest in daylight or high-cri tints. Only limited runs and those are always conveniently when I do not have the $$$ to rush out and get one. Lacking easily accessible moonlight mode is unexcusable now days. I have several of their older quarks, love them, but I too wonder what the hell happened to 4sevens. As far as I see it, they stopped innovating and started sold out. If 4seven's wants to compete with maglight, dorcy, energizer flashlights they can all they want, won't affect me, nor my wallet.

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
No more neutral white, let alone warm whites, and no sign of interest in daylight or high-cri tints. Only limited runs and those are always conveniently when I do not have the $$$ to rush out and get one. Lacking easily accessible moonlight mode is unexcusable now days. I have several of their older quarks, love them, but I too wonder what the hell happened to 4sevens. As far as I see it, they stopped innovating and started sold out. If 4seven's wants to compete with maglight, dorcy, energizer flashlights they can all they want, won't affect me, nor my wallet.

I have to admit, as one whose been critical of what I've considered mostly nit picks thus far (or equating personal preferences with a need to change business models etc), that one does kind of stand out.

id recommend reporting 4-7s to the bbb for releasing models when you don't have money to buy them. UNACCEPTABLE.

the new factory customized quark clicks do appeal to me, but now that I know 47s is releasing models some of our members cNt afford, kind of a deal breaker.

insanefred

Enlightened
I have to admit, as one whose been critical of what I've considered mostly nit picks thus far (or equating personal preferences with a need to change business models etc), that one does kind of stand out.

id recommend reporting 4-7s to the bbb for releasing models when you don't have money to buy them. UNACCEPTABLE.

the new factory customized quark clicks do appeal to me, but now that I know 47s is releasing models some of our members cNt afford, kind of a deal breaker.

I can afford a light from time to time, just like most people here. But for flash sakes, don't make it such a limited run that when it goes out of stock before a decent review. Even you have to admit, it can get a little frustrating.
Doesn't matter though, they're not releasing any lights that appeal to me anymore.

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
Agreed. Any company no longer making what appealsto ME, just isn't innovating any more.

apisdorf

Newly Enlightened
These comments remind me of a Woody Allen quote (paraphrased): "The food here is awful. And such small portions."

snowlover91

Flashlight Enthusiast
Agreed. Any company no longer making what appealsto ME, just isn't innovating any more.

The main criticism is certainly warranted; mode spacing is not well thought out with a 25 lumen and 450 lumen being the two modes. Otherwise you have to go into the "hidden" modes to access the medium and other features. This is a pretty big oversight imo. Spacing of 10, 80-100 and then the turbo of 450 would have been much better. Most of my lights I use the medium modes in the 50-80 lumen range; 25 just doesn't cut it. When I do need a lower setting I'll be using 10 lumens or less. Anyways I think they could have improved the mode spacing some on this one.

insanefred

Enlightened
The main criticism is certainly warranted; mode spacing is not well thought out with a 25 lumen and 450 lumen being the two modes. Otherwise you have to go into the "hidden" modes to access the medium and other features. This is a pretty big oversight imo. Spacing of 10, 80-100 and then the turbo of 450 would have been much better. Most of my lights I use the medium modes in the 50-80 lumen range; 25 just doesn't cut it. When I do need a lower setting I'll be using 10 lumens or less. Anyways I think they could have improved the mode spacing some on this one.

This is my biggest beef with the new light along with no other tint available. Why on earth would you go from 25lumens to 450?! Other than to show off and make a sale to joesixpack.

Last edited:

insanefred

Enlightened

Either you are just trolling or you are really offended that I do not like 4sevens anymore. I have my reasons, whether you find rational or not. It doesn't matter to me.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Either you are just trolling or you are really offended that I do not like 4sevens anymore. I have my reasons, whether you find rational or not. It doesn't matter to me.

Whoa, let's not jump to conclusions with disparaging remarks. Also, let's be polite, and follow CPF rule 4.

Bill

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast

It's a design choice that doesn't happen to align with your preference. This does not make the choice an "oversight" or "not well thought out."

Now if you mean it doesn't align with most users' preferences, and the "oversight" is more about not making the most popular choice (even if just among users here), well then we could just conduct a survey & create a list of every design choice that appeals to the largest percentage of users, and conclude that any manufacturer who makes a light that deviates from that list of most popular choices has made an oversight. But recognizing that preferences do vary, and as someone in the minority on many of mine, I'm glad they aren't doing this, and that every now and then we get something a little different than every light has to have these modes in this order operated in this manner with this emitter and battery.

You don't have to like everything that everyone makes. I mean, I prefer single modes, so maybe from my perspective nearly the entire industry needs to change their business model lol. No, I take issue with the attitude that if anyone is making something different than what I want, they're objectively incorrect, not innovating, need to change business models, or they just haven't bothered to put enough thought into it!

Granted I could be wrong, and it actually went down like this-

David: Okay, looking good. Now let's decide on mode spacing.
PK: lol idc
David: But shouldn't we put a little thought into-
PK: No time for that! To the random number generator!

:laughing: