4Sevens PK Series - new addition to the micro EDC pocket rocket genre

bykfixer

Flashaholic
It's a PK Design Lab lanyard holder held in place by that red strike bezel. Pretty much the same as the old SureFire type.

The light does not have the smooth bezel like the ones in CG's photo so I used the red bezel to anchor down the lanyard holder.

The lanyard holder comes with PK Design Lab lanyards.

Last edited:

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
It's a PK Design Lab lanyard holder held in place by that red strike bezel. Pretty much the same as the old SureFire type.

The light does not have the smooth bezel like the ones in CG's photo so I used the red bezel to anchor down the lanyard holder.

The lanyard holder comes with PK Design Lab lanyards.

I will test out a SF and Solar Force one.

Woods Walker

Should work WW

Both the Solar Force and SF lanyard rings work though neither is 100% perfect however great idea and it functions fine. Have it on my Knight right now. The best is to use the bezel ring to secure the lanyard ring however for now used the attack bezel ring. I worry without anything the exposed edge of the glass would be vulnerable. I will take pics tomorrow however it's a big improvement over the clip lanyard setup. I like lanyard carry. They could of easily made a little ring. I wonder why that never happened. It was done for the mini and clearly very workable here. Going to add that to my knight mystery list of unknowns.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
IMG_20180512_095434.jpg

Don't know if the 'postimag' reduction in quality hurts here, but it shows I placed the clip against the tailcap, then the lanyard ring over that. That made the lanyard ring cinche down very well. It does not rotate that way though.

Jose Marin

Enlightened
Ive posted this one before in the other thread but hey why not. I had to shorten the threads on the 2 cell body for the head to screw all the way down. One of my favorite looking lights
bKz765y.jpg

Woods Walker

Here is my DIY lanyard setup. I removed the clip as don't like it.

KxpJJbH.jpg

That photo makes the PK look too big compared to the mini. It's really not that much bigger.

P3P2PH9.jpg

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
On the subject of the PK Knight switch.
Mine has become quite sticky, it will switch on but thre's another 1/4 turn to the stop. This is probably something to do with WW's problem with overtightening it.
I squirted WD40 into the battery tube and forced it into the switch by blowing hard and forcing the oil past the seal. After some woggling of the switch it seems back to normal.
P

Woods Walker

On the subject of the PK Knight switch.
Mine has become quite sticky, it will switch on but thre's another 1/4 turn to the stop. This is probably something to do with WW's problem with overtightening it.
I squirted WD40 into the battery tube and forced it into the switch by blowing hard and forcing the oil past the seal. After some woggling of the switch it seems back to normal.
P

I push the spring around a bit with my finger and it seems to reset. I hoped the clicky/twisty/whatever would be one of the primary pros of the Knight as it should of been bomb proof but it's not IMHO.

shawn a.

Newly Enlightened
I did pretty much the same thing, but with the single cell quark tube and the tail cap with the recessed click switch. I didn't at all like that weird switch. It's now my edc.