4th jab today.

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks, I'm trying to make it better. You would likely have no idea if you saw me, I was told I would be dead in six months back in early 2019 if I didn't have a transplant. I'm not where I should be right now, but I'm better now then where I was back then.

But my entire point was.. I don't really fear covid, if I have that weakened of an immune system, and was around it all the time. It really makes me wonder. I don't fear the flu either, it just seems like the same thing to me.

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
I still wear a mask around the shops (I am pretty one of the few who do now). But I sit with my 94 year old uncle to allow my 87 year old aunt some time to herself and get out of the house as she is his full time carer. I also try to see a lot of my 76 old mum when I can. So I test still to make sure I don't unwittingly make them Ill.

When you see that person keeping their distance or wearing their mask. Don't mock them. Show a bit of respect and keep your distance. As you don't know what health issues they have or maybe the people they care for.
They could also not be feeling 100% and are staying away from others and wearing a mask to avoid giving someone something. They've been doing it in the Asian countries for many years

bykfixer

Flashaholic
It seems to me that in my area I see more people wearing masks and eye covers to coincide with yellow pollen dust everywhere. I believe it is because they are so easy to come by these days.

I'm a live and let live type person. You pedal fish on your side of the street, I'll pedal flowers on my side. Want 4 shots? 5?, 12?……that's cool with me. It's kinda funny to me how I got a text from CVS stating the gubment gave me permission to get a booster.

I still don't understand why so many believe having the shot means they no longer spread it. Your shot helps protect you from getting really sick. Shot or not if you get it, you can still spread it. The mask does not keep you from getting it, it helps in how much you spread it.

"Stay 6' apart, wash your hands and don't touch your face" still applies.

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
It seems to me that in my area I see more people wearing masks and eye covers to coincide with yellow pollen dust everywhere. I believe it is because they are so easy to come by these days.

I'm a live and let live type person. You pedal fish on your side of the street, I'll pedal flowers on my side. Want 4 shots? 5?, 12?……that's cool with me. It's kinda funny to me how I got a text from CVS stating the gubment gave me permission to get a booster.

I still don't understand why so many believe having the shot means they no longer spread it. Your shot helps protect you from getting really sick. Shot or not if you get it, you can still spread it. The mask does not keep you from getting it, it helps in how much you spread it.

"Stay 6' apart, wash your hands and don't touch your face" still applies.

This is 100% true. Only face mask that has a chance of stopping it is an REAL N95, an who the hell wants to wear that all day everyday. Wash your hands, don't cough at anyone.. and use some common sense. That's all you can really do. Aside from that you have to live your life.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I remember back in the 14 days to slow the spread period being nervous about touching door knobs and dawg gonnit my face constantly seemed to itch somewhere.
I walked backwards spraying Lysol everywhere until that stuff was gone from store shelves, and since hydrgen peroxide was plentiful kept a spray bottle of that around. If anybody got within my 3' circle……they got a spritz of peroxide……

Then one day I decided ENOUGH! I could have a stroke worrying about it.

Life was ridiculous at that point. My company had me carrying papers stating I was allowed to be outside my home. People riding by the construction site would take pictures of people not standing 6' apart and sent it to news agencies……it was awful how much paranoia was taking place. One neighbor called the police because another neighbor was having a childrens birthday gathering with "gasp" people who didn't live there coming and going.

When the shot first arrived I didn't shove grandma aside so I could get mine. I stayed 6' apart and lived a pretty normal life watching church services on a computer screen after standing in a long line at Home Depot. One day my 94 year old neighbor brought me a pie and asked for a hug. She said "my family won't hug me because they're afraid they'll kill me, and I've lived 94 years so if I die tomorrow it's ok". At 56 years old back then I thought the same thing.

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
People love to control other people. I knew it 25 years ago, I know it now. That's what I've come to realize about the latest thing.

If I'm proven wrong by me dieing of the RONA then so be it. But was I really proven wrong by being wrong once?

idleprocess

Flashaholic
Broke mine out yesterday for the first time in several weeks ... because I was coughing unacceptably mowing the lawn. A KN95 insert is somewhat overkill for that task but I'm lousy with them and it did the trick nicely.

My company had me carrying papers stating I was allowed to be outside my home.
I think everyone in my company was emailed a copy of the CISA letter for such purposes. Was of pretty much zero relevance in TX since law enforcement was not inclined to go hard on enforcing stay at home orders, but might have been an occasional necessity for co-workers in other states.

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
Kind of funny but when the ragweed is out I actually wear a full-on asbestos mask when I'm cutting on. That is the only thing that will 100% stop you from breathing in airborne particles like viruses

raggie33

*the raggedier*
its funny i was laughed at when i startting wearing a mask way before this all got big. i recall a ex freind coughing fakely as to scare me.. sadly his father died of covidi liked his father

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Kind of funny but when the ragweed is out I actually wear a full-on asbestos mask when I'm cutting on. That is the only thing that will 100% stop you from breathing in airborne particles like viruses
Man, when working at night in summer while using my head lamp in flood mode the stuff I see is enough to want to put on scuba gear. The dust, the pollen, the million-billion micro-water drops in the thick humidity…… I switch it to spot mode so I don't so of that stuff all at once. It's no wonder so many people are plagued with breathing issues.

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ya. My allergies get really bad to the point where I can't do anything cuz I'm spending all my time sneezing and scratching at my eyes. But I definitely get weird looks from the people driving by when I'm wearing a full face respirator

If you've in a middle leg of your errands and the next stop is but a few minutes away, why futz with it more than you have to?
1. To be able to inhale and exhale an unobstructed breath.
2. Allow your mask to dry.
2a. To allow your face to dry.
3. To give your ears a break.
4. To blow your nose.
4a. To pick your noise.
5. To smoke a cigarette, if one is so inclined.
6. To not look like a dufus.
7. To be able to sing your favorite song if it comes on the radio.
8. To be able to spit at will. Remember to roll down the window first.
9. To be able to be seen if you should feel the need to mouth profanities at other motorists.
10. To take a sip of your beverage of choice.
11. To partake of some tasty nosh.
12. To smile at a pretty woman.