500 Lumen - AAA Flashlight (photos) - Work In Progress - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

sticktodrum

Enlightened
Hmmm....Tapatalk seems to have deleted my post...

Anyway, that video was pretty epic. It makes me excited to make a video of this thing, especially since I just ordered a new camera slider. :D

That torpedo case gets more awesome every time I see it. So hyped!

climberkid

Flashlight Enthusiast
On a side note, drum, if you do a quick reply it won't always take the post. I've been doing normal replys with the menu button. Hope they fix it soon.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

the_guy_with_no_name

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for all the posts.
I had just a little spare time during the day today, one thing led to another and
the video just happened :D

Nice one Guy!

Looking forward to the email from you to say it's ready to order :)

Steve.
Thanks Steve,
Looking forward to sending one out but still a little time until I can do so.

Epic video Guy - the excitement is building!
Thanks NowIC :)
Glad you enjoyed it!

Just plain awesome. Classified specs look great.
Thanks Heywood Floyd :thumbsup:

X specs will differ slightly as I used the picture from post #1 of the original Torpedo thread.

So when do we see two 10180s in series running an MT-G? :p
Hi AnAppleSnail,

:crackup:
one thing at a time :D

:popcorn: WoW!!!! Best movie I've seen in ages!!!!! :D
KEWL!
Very exciting . . . . must be getting close :hitit:
Thanks very much smarkum and glad you enjoyed it :D

That was incredible. Great work, Guy!
Thanks Alex,

I've re-watched it about 20 times...
only wish it was longer but I think I may have started a new "thing" I'll want to continue with each new flashlight.

Hmmm....Tapatalk seems to have deleted my post...

Anyway, that video was pretty epic. It makes me excited to make a video of this thing, especially since I just ordered a new camera slider. :D

That torpedo case gets more awesome every time I see it. So hyped!

Thanks sticktodrum,
I had to remind myself several times the product is the flashlight, not the case or else the entire video could have been the case :D

Tgwnn

DBCstm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Epic! Very dramatic, very well done Guy. But You need to get some help so some of those credits will have different names! lol. The Son With No Name, The Wife With No Name, The Pet With No Name, SOMETHING! lol

I have been thinking of the Torpedo in terms of a 10440 cell. The Nuke version is TINY! LOVE IT! :) Yeah, mega excited now, can't wait! :)

Great Big Huge Texas High Five! HoooYa!

the_guy_with_no_name

Flashlight Enthusiast
Awesome Guy! I can hardly wait!

Th8tredude

Thanks Th8tredude ;)

Epic! Very dramatic, very well done Guy. But You need to get some help so some of those credits will have different names! lol. The Son With No Name, The Wife With No Name, The Pet With No Name, SOMETHING! lol

I have been thinking of the Torpedo in terms of a 10440 cell. The Nuke version is TINY! LOVE IT! :) Yeah, mega excited now, can't wait! :)

Great Big Huge Texas High Five! HoooYa!

Thanks Dale,

the credits...
it was kind of a templated thing.
I would have preferred to delete some but didn't feel like spending an extra 18 hours to work out how :crackup:
so.... left them all in :)

Tgwnn

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
:popcorn:

You forgot TUWNN, though. Good thing he's not into movies. Speaking of which, I better get him out from the strip club before he's too drunk to fly for the next mission.

DBCstm

Flashlight Enthusiast
I almost edited immediately after posting just so as to include our dear TUWNN. I wasn't forgetting, but merely preserving anonymity. ;)

sassaquin

Enlightened
I had just a little spare time during the day today, one thing led to another and
the video just happened :D

I think I may have started a new "thing" I'll want to continue with each new flashlight.

Tgwnn

Hi Tgwnn,
This new "thing" you started is awesome and I do hope you'll continue making more previews. It amazes me that something this good "just happened" in a little spare time. Give you a few days and you'll probably deliver a full length IMAX film featuring the entire MBI lineup. :)

Last edited:

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
I almost edited immediately after posting just so as to include our dear TUWNN. I wasn't forgetting, but merely preserving anonymity. ;)

Uni doesn't seem to mind much anymore. You should have seen him put up a scene in the middle of the street the other day. I'm telling you, ya don't want to cut him off at a stop sing.

Hi Tgwnn,
This new "thing" you started is awesome and I do hope you'll continue making more previews. It amazes me that something this good "just happened" in a little spare time. Give you a few days and you'll probably deliver a full length imax film featuring the entire MBI lineup. :)

Hmmm.. an Imax full-length feature on how the whole process, from first light bulb moment to final production would be great. Of course, there has to be a montage about QC and some dark scene with beamshots.

Last edited:

the_guy_with_no_name

Flashlight Enthusiast
Awesomes! :rock:
Thanks nbp :bow:

:popcorn:

You forgot TUWNN, though. Good thing he's not into movies. Speaking of which, I better get him out from the strip club before he's too drunk to fly for the next mission.
Hi Cataract,

I'll add definitely add UNI to the credit with I get a chance or at least in the next epic ;)

Smart thinking DBC ;)

Excellent video Guy ;).
I can hear Hollywood calling you . . .
GL
Thanks GL.
I'll try and get some good footage whilst I'm away.

Hi Tgwnn,
This new "thing" you started is awesome and I do hope you'll continue making more previews. It amazes me that something this good "just happened" in a little spare time. Give you a few days and you'll probably deliver a full length imax film featuring the entire MBI lineup. :)
Hi sassaquin,

Thanks. You are very kind.
I would have liked to add some more "meat n' potatoes" meaning in-action video but had to make do with what was on my computer in the free time. It was fun so I'll definitely be making more :D

Woah.... That was a mega cool trailer! Great work Guy!
Thanks gunga :)

Uni doesn't seem to mind much anymore. You should have seen him put up a scene in the middle of the street the other day. I'm telling you, ya don't want to cut him off at a stop sing.

Hmmm.. an Imax full-length feature on how the whole process, from first light bulb moment to final production would be great. Of course, there has to be a montage about QC and some dark scene with beamshots.

Thanks Cataract,
I think I have hundreds of pdf's by now so some kind of collage will be doable when the time is right.
I've also asked the workshop to get some video of the machining process which I'll add too.

Tgwnn

WreckinBall

Newly Enlightened
Ok that trailer was EPIC!!! I cant wait, its almost time to light the world up with tiny flashlights as powerful as the sun. (ok not really but close =D ) I for one would most definitely prefer the NW/ HiCri emitter over a CW any day of the week. I would alo be needing the package that comes with the batteries and all the goodies! I do have a question though the MBI nukes will they charge in any standard lithium ion charger? I have a intellicharger I4 from nitecore, so I just want to make sure it will work with your batteries.

climberkid

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome to the disease! Unfortunately you cannot charge them in a normal chager. In order to avoid damaging the cells or yourself you should not really exceed 90 or 100 mah charger.

DBCstm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Or, yes you can charge them in a normal charger as long as that charger isn't giving more than 90-100 mA charge rate. They're just like an IMR cell, just 80 mAh capacity so a lower charge cycle will preserve that capacity for a longer period of time. Same thing Alex said only longer as that's what I do. :)

I think most of us use a Cottonpickers charger with voltage monitor at 90mA rate. The monitor comes in VERY handy for checking cells and giving you a good awareness of how much time drains it to x levels. Obviously this little cell runs down pretty quick at the power levels this light works...usually up close to 3A at start-up and dropping rapidly from there. This is why a fully charged 4.2V cell gives the HF factor best and we try to keep our cells right up there at the top for the shock value it gives. This is also pretty good for the cell as shallow charges keep the cell healthier than deep discharges...that makes full charge cycles and the cell dies sooner. ;)

Last edited:

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh Yes,
Forgot about that. Hoping You have a very good trip. I'm kinda hoping it's a vacation and not too much work. If your here in the states, I do have another one of those Maple Vingarettes with your name on it, just text me :D.
GL

the_guy_with_no_name

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok that trailer was EPIC!!! I cant wait, its almost time to light the world up with tiny flashlights as powerful as the sun. (ok not really but close =D ) I for one would most definitely prefer the NW/ HiCri emitter over a CW any day of the week. I would alo be needing the package that comes with the batteries and all the goodies! I do have a question though the MBI nukes will they charge in any standard lithium ion charger? I have a intellicharger I4 from nitecore, so I just want to make sure it will work with your batteries.

Thanks WreckinBall ;)
As mentioned below, a low power charger is highly recommended and CottonPicker's chargers are small, reliable and easy to use.

Welcome to the disease! Unfortunately you cannot charge them in a normal chager. In order to avoid damaging the cells or yourself you should not really exceed 90 or 100 mah charger.

Thanks Alex ;)

Or, yes you can charge them in a normal charger as long as that charger isn't giving more than 90-100 mA charge rate. They're just like an IMR cell, just 80 mAh capacity so a lower charge cycle will preserve that capacity for a longer period of time. Same thing Alex said only longer as that's what I do. :)

I think most of us use a Cottonpickers charger with voltage monitor at 90mA rate. The monitor comes in VERY handy for checking cells and giving you a good awareness of how much time drains it to x levels. Obviously this little cell runs down pretty quick at the power levels this light works...usually up close to 3A at start-up and dropping rapidly from there. This is why a fully charged 4.2V cell gives the HF factor best and we try to keep our cells right up there at the top for the shock value it gives. This is also pretty good for the cell as shallow charges keep the cell healthier than deep discharges...that makes full charge cycles and the cell dies sooner. ;)

Thanks DBC :)

Oh Yes,
Forgot about that. Hoping You have a very good trip. I'm kinda hoping it's a vacation and not too much work. If your here in the states, I do have another one of those Maple Vingarettes with your name on it, just text me :D.
GL
Hi GL,

Thanks.
Just a few days away till I'm out of dodge for a brief while.
Not coming to the US but I can visit virtually as always.
I should be online if I can get the satellites to line up with my aspherics :grin2:

There'll be plenty of MBI's with me mostly for personal use and potential photo opps.

Tgwnn

Status
Not open for further replies.