500 Lumen - AAA Flashlight (photos) - Work In Progress - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

the_guy_with_no_name

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's RAINING!!! Woooohhoooooo! (we almost forgot what that was, were puzzled that the geese must be heading somewhere out of season) And TOTALLY out of character for us, where 110º or more is so normal it's expected...70º highs in July is bizarre! God's handling so many prayers it took a while to get rain to Texas, but we are VERY grateful! Hallelujah! :D

Oh, yes of course, I DID get to shine some lights in the rain last night...looks really neat and keeps em cool while on high! ;) My high power big throwers look especially cool trying to get that beam out to 600 yds in a good soaking rain. lol But it just seems somehow wrong to have these high powered (4.28A) lights in water!!! :eek: Everything survived and green is already making itself visible again. Sucks having to look at miles of brown dead grass and dying trees. :(

We've got some full blown lunatics driving in this mess, let me tell ya! I'm pretty sure there will be damaged cars and possible fatalities but we need this water soooo bad!

(To give you an idea what kind of nuts we have around here...we shot a wedding Saturday night. Coming home from the reception which was out in the country , at midnight with no moon very dark out, we got passed while passing a car ourselves at 72 [the speed limit is 70] mph! by a motorcycle doing something like 160+ mph!!! Yeah, he went between us like a blip on a radar! The cop that came up behind us moments later with lights flashing promptly gave up as the bike was loooooong gone! Edit: just a few hours earlier an unknown number of people died in a major car wreck at high speed on the same road!)

Be blessed mi familia, enjoy the day! :)

Rain is wonderful ;)
especially in casual summer wear with a pool nearby and the sun on its trail.

Tgwnn

DBCstm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have to agree Guy. Storm clouds at sunset make some awesome pics! ;)

By the way, can anyone read the small print on my sig banner below?

It says "addicted: Meaning devoted to, in love with, dedicated to, fond of, obsessed with, enthusiastic about, absorbed by, disposed to, wild about, fanatical about"

stevenkelby

Enlightened
Guy, just read the whole thread, glad I'm in time to hopefully get one.

Signed up to the email updates, will get a torpedo when available.

Respect.

Steve.

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just heard from Cataract. He's somehow starting digging a second branch. He says his math calculates it heads for Australia. How this happened, we do not know. Maybe there is female unicorns there?!

A perfect neutral white tint would be perfect for testing purposes, I just have a slightly stronger liking to warmer tints.

Actually, I diverted towards Texas to dump some of our extra rain. Sounds like it worked as they got rain and we finally got sunshine.
Australia is still in the plans; yes, for females... not necessarily unicorn, though :whistle:

DBCstm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Cataract, needed it desperately. Good luck on your search for females that like the smell of unicorn, uh, tunnel, uh, well, good luck!

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Cataract, needed it desperately. Good luck on your search for females that like the smell of unicorn, uh, tunnel, uh, well, good luck!

Part of the idea to divert water was to have a place to clean up when I emerge from the tunnel... I wouldn't want the girls to misinterpret when I say I've been through a unicorn tunnel, if you see what I mean.

DBCstm

Flashlight Enthusiast
The biker that got married Saturday had a "logo" on his bike, "Bad is Fun" , perhaps you should try that tunnel line and see where it get's you? Might net an accomplice in crime. :)

Had to stop and think for a minute but isn't this also the idea behind the HF? It's bad to drive a small light excessively hard, but fun to watch the faces of those who see it done? ;)

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
The biker that got married Saturday had a "logo" on his bike, "Bad is Fun" , perhaps you should try that tunnel line and see where it get's you? Might net an accomplice in crime. :)

Had to stop and think for a minute but isn't this also the idea behind the HF? It's bad to drive a small light excessively hard, but fun to watch the faces of those who see it done? ;)

Bad is fun as long as it's not the smell under YOUR nose (excluding personal odors from the nose owner) :whistle:

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bad is fun as long as it's not the smell under YOUR nose (excluding personal odors from the nose owner) :whistle:
That's the beauty of the tunnel, only strong scents of mother earth beneith your nostrils. It's all that dirt under ya fingernails that gets me
haha-1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.