E2e owners inside please

js

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello, lucky E2e owners,

I have a few questions:

Is there only one "clickie" available at the moment? The Z57, yes? But I thought there was one other clickie available?

The Z57 is the same diameter as the E2e body, right?

Now for the important question:

Can the E2e be comfortably EDCed loose in the pocket? Or does it really need to be cliped to the belt or pocket edge or waist-band?

Also, how do you find the scalloped bezel? Do you like it? Does it catch on things? Is it only so that you can tell if the light is on when placed face down?

I really think I want to start EDCing an incandescent light instead of my Arc LSH or FF mk 1 (w/ TW0J). LED's are cool and all, but I find that I'm just plain spoiled by the penetrating full spectrum incan light from a good xenon filled lamp. But I simply don't like to clip a light to my belt. I've tried it and it just doesn't work for me. I've got to have a pocket carry light.

Any thoughts or comments on the suitability of the E2e for this?

Thanks a lot in advance for any help.

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
No problem with the minor scalloping. I haven't EDC'd anything larger than an Arc AAA but the E2e fits nicely in a variety of pocket carries, ie. vertically, next to a wallet or in the front pockets too. I might decide to EDC the E2e when jacket weather returns in the late fall.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
E2e makes a good EDC light. From back pocket of business pants to side thigh pocket of my Gio khaki pants it just sits comfortably. Only thing you need to worry about is the knurled edges scratches plastic easily so don't leave something memorable with your E2e. My previous phone was badly scratched. Otherwise a fantastic workhorse.

Matteblack

Newly Enlightened
As far as carry, I EDC the E2e-HA every day in a dress / casual environment. It quietly rides next to my wallet in my back pocket and I don't even know that it is there the majority of the time. I have actually had to check on it on occasion becuase I didn't feel it there.....

StuU

Enlightened
I had a problem with E2e when clipped into a front pocket. When getting into/out of a car seat, the clip ended up being bent away from the light at about a 45 degree angle. I was able to bend it back but it's probably not as good as new. I suppose the clip can be replaced wo too much trouble.

It's still a real powerhouse of a great all around utility light.

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just received my E2e body yesterday (thanks Cyril aka Flashlight), and am using it with a KL1. It sits well in my work pants pocket, not overly bulky, and the scalloped bezel doesn't scratch or get caught on anything. Only gripe is again the knurling, where its pretty aggresive. It scratched the casing on my cellphone within the first hour of carrying both in the same pocket. And when I say scratched, I MEAN scratched! So last night i got home and put some rubber tubing over the body and now it not only feels great, but looks great too!! PM me if you want more info on the tubing...

The scalloped bezel is mostly for letting you know if its switched on when placed bezel down, IIRC. Don't think its aggresive enough to be termed as crenellations... IMHO yes its great for a pocket EDC light!

nirad

Enlightened
I prefer to pack my E2e with the V82 belt holster. I hate to carry a lot of items in my pockets, so the holster suits my needs. The cheese grater knurling on the E2e will rub your pants raw with extended pocket carry. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

roguesw

Enlightened
after carying the e2e with my keys for a few days, the keys have dulled the knurling so they are smooth now, just got a z57 clickie and i just ran a coin through it several times and now it is smooth, i didnt notice how smooth it was until i compared it to my unused e2e (pic underneath)
yeah, stanley, good idea on the rubber sheath, wish i had thought of that, btw, how much thickness does it add to the light?
cheers
Des

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
The rubber on the tubing would only trap the heat emitted from the batteries and cause a thermal shutdown.

js

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks everyone for all of this great info. Nothing like first hand reports.

So, I did go for it! I bought one of oldgrandpajack's E2e's NIB, and I also got a smooth bezel E2e head that bwcaw was selling in case I really don't like the look or feel of the new scalloped bezel.

Next, I'll have to get a Z57 clickie and an extra MN03 and an MN02 long-running lamp, and a spares carrier. Cool that they have one for the E series lights now.

But I think I'll make sure I like the light enough first. I have no doubts that I'll love it, but it can't hurt to wait for a couple days before dropping another fist-full of dollars.

BigHonu

Flashlight Enthusiast
js,

It is a pretty easy carry if there is something in your pocket for it to lean up against so it remains in the vertical or at least a partially vertical position. Once that sucker lies down in the pocket, you will have to do some adjusting...

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast
Actually Andy, the rubber tubing covers only on the body and tailcap and I guess since the heat is emitted mostly from the bezel only, so that should be ok... I don't think the tubing on the body would affect the heat transfer in any way at all... Well, not as far as I have been using it anyway...

Roguesw, thanks... I have a few pics from an old thread that I started here, but imagestation doesn't work anymore. Hang on, I'll put them on photobucket and repost the links again...

Ok, links have been redone... you should be able to see them now. I haven't taken a photo of my E2e in its 'condom' yet, will have to try to get hold of a camera first...

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
Stanley, I meant the heat generated by the batteries from prolonged use and not from the bezel. I once suffered thermal shutdown because my G2Z was fitted with a P61 and the batteries overheated and shutdown.

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I haven't had an opportunity to use it continuously for that long yet, but I'll keep that in mind, just in case. Thanks Andy...

Stingray

Flashlight Enthusiast
I carry either an E2e or E2d in my back pocket daily. In jeans, it's fine in either the right back pocket standing up next to my wallet or in the left back pocket standing up at the left edge on its own. It stays put with jeans at least in my case. With loose slacks or shorts it works better next to the wallet to keep it upright.

I like LEDs but a good incandescent is far more illuminating to my eyes, especially outdoors. I usually carry the E2d with the little E series beamshaper on it. It shields me from the teeth and then I have both a good penetrating flood light and pop off the beamshaper for a decent throw with good sidespill. I like the beam of the E2d a little better than the E2e, it seems to have a bigger hotspot which I find more useful for my needs.

roguesw

Enlightened
cool stanley, nice pics,
actually quite like the look of it, will try to find some spare rubber this weekend and make a project of it
cheers
Des

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast
No worries Des, what you would be looking for is just an old bicycle tyre inner tube (road bikes, not mountain bikes). Am sure bike shops will have plenty to get rid of. The one I'm using is a very tight fit for the light, and takes a bit of effort to slip it on initially, but once you get past the threads, just use the hair dryer on the rubber more and your thumbs to slide the tube down the body. Takes a bit of effort and you might end up with sore thumbs, but I think it is totally worth the effort! Else Kevin@Batterystation has some sort of rubber shrink tubing for sale if you want to make it easier on yourself...

BTW js, i'd like to be the first to congratulate you on your new (and coming) E2e. I am sure you'll like it, I absolutely love mine!!

js

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks, Stanley,

I should have gotten an E2e a year ago, but I got a D2 instead. Then traded up to a C2 to get a grip ring, but didn't like the feel of the squared off body. Nothing so nice as an M3 or G2Z or Z2. So I sold it. I think I'll get a G2Z sometime soon, as well as the E2e. At any rate, the C2 was just too big to pocket cary and I didn't like clipping it to my belt. I still sort of miss it, though. I probably shouldn't have sold it.