• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired 6x17670 Chrome 2.5D M*g

Iliger

Newly Enlightened
This is a VERY impressive and cost effective setup. Someone will be sorry they didn't get this. I already have this setup, or I would. :thumbsup:
Received my flashlight several days ago. Excellent job made by FM. Batteries and AW hotwire driver are on the way to me. Philips 5761, Osram 64265 HLX and 64432 IRC are on the way to me also. :) Thinking about 64440 IRC. According to your tests it has 5.2A at 19V - 3C for AW 17670. Can I use it (with AW hotwire driver)?

donn_

Flashaholic
:takeit:

#5 Chrome 2.5D M*G chrome plated flashlight with one 6x17670 battery holder(6S) $170

1x Extra 6x17670 battery holder (3P/2S) $40

10x JC G4 12V, 35W bulb $2 each (any quantity) $20.00

Shipping to States $10

:paypal:

Varooj...I need some additional stuff. Please email me at
email.jpg

:thanks:

Last edited:

donn_

Flashaholic
This light, or rather the serial cell holder, will make me nuts!

I've tried everything, and I can't get this holder to work inside the light. I get a good pack reading on it outside the light, but nothing makes it to the bulb.

Everything is working, because other power sources, like AW Cs, A123s, and even the 3P2S holder work, but not the 6S.

I've tried insulated magnets between the cells to make sure they're holding contact under the spring pressure.

I've tried a shorter and softer spring, to lessen the pressure on the holder.

Any suggestions? :confused::(:scowl::eek:

beetleguise

Enlightened
I had the same problem with a 4 X 14500 holder. The protected cells are often diffent lengths, and you may have a gap on one. I had to put my batteries in a certain pattern to assure each was making good contact. Every time I remove them I am sure to put them back in the same order, or they wont work.

GLOCK18

Enlightened
I had the same issue with that holder, it would show correct voltage with a digital meter, ended up having a bad battery, the protection would kick in only with a load. I replaced one battery at a time until I found the defective battery.

fivemega

Flashlight Enthusiast
The same cells are all in the 3P2S holder now, and driving a 5761 with no problem.

[size=+2]Load on each cell when connected 3P/2S with 5761 is less than 2 amps while connected 6 in series with 35 watt bulb is over 3.6 amps which may cause protection shott off.
I mentioned this many many times:
Use HEALTHY and EVENLY recharged cells in any combination of serial, parallel and serial/parallel configuration.
New cell is not necessarily healthy cell.[/size]

donn_

Flashaholic
OK...I'll test each individual cell. What's the best way to test them? I can run them each alone, but driving what?

Voltage test: All between 4.09 and 4.16.

I ran all 6 through a single cell light with an MC-E drop-in. All of them worked, but one flickered slightly, so I replaced it with one of the same voltage (4.15) which didn't flicker. Back in the holder, I got a 24.75V reading. Back in the light, no joy.

Last edited:

fivemega

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK...I'll test each individual cell. What's the best way to test them? I can run them each alone, but driving what?

Voltage test: All between 4.09 and 4.16.

I ran all 6 through a single cell light with an MC-E drop-in. All of them worked, but one flickered slightly, so I replaced it with one of the same voltage (4.15) which didn't flicker. Back in the holder, I got a 24.75V reading. Back in the light, no joy.

Not best way but easiest way is to test a pair of 17670 with WA1111
If doesn't light up with first click, mark batteries and swap one with known good cell, one at the time and repeat till find out bad one.
It is absolutely nonsense and wrong to test with LEDs since they don't have initial spike but after you find out the bad cell and marked, you can use it exclusively in LED light.

donn_

Flashaholic

It is absolutely nonsense and wrong to test with LEDs since they don't have initial spike..

You might want to work on your people skills a little, Varooj. Not all of us are as skilled with lights as you are, but it doesn't stop us from spending thousands of dollars on your stuff.:shakehead

fivemega

Flashlight Enthusiast
You might want to work on your people skills a little, Varooj. Not all of us are as skilled with lights as you are, but it doesn't stop us from spending thousands of dollars on your stuff.:shakehead

Sorry, I didn't mean to offense you or anybody else. I just didn't want you go hard way and spend lot of time and $$$ like I have done to learn and I am still learning. :D

GLOCK18

Enlightened
Don't now if this hepls, I use my BC-6 to find batteries with defective protection, I set it up on 2 amp discharge, on a full charge battery. In the past I'v had 2 defective 18650 and 2 17670 out of maybe 30 batteriers.

donn_

Flashaholic
I wondered if there was a testing device for these things. The MC-E I used draws just over 2A, but apparently I need to put a harder draw on it to adequately test it.

pete7226

Enlightened
Thats a shame, Its one of the more reasonable setups out there with 3000+lumens and a 20 minute run-time. Im sure demand would be out there if you did another run. I'd be in for 2-3 lights myself. An interest thread perhaps?

fivemega

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thats a shame, Its one of the more reasonable setups out there with 3000+lumens and a 20 minute run-time. Im sure demand would be out there if you did another run. I'd be in for 2-3 lights myself. An interest thread perhaps?

That is a shame.

Only 6 of these sold in 14 months.

Where is demand?