7 day rotation - updated - how many days in a row can you carry a different light?

nbp

Flashaholic
Re: 7 day rotation

Good to be bar buddies with Archimedes! :buddies:

I know you are quite generous, so I'm sure your friends have received some nifty goodies. :)

And +100 to all Haiku praise!

archimedes

Flashaholic

I'll see if I can pull together my basic set of regular user lights (if not exactly an EDC rotation) for a photo here soon ....

scout24

Flashaholic

Starting my "7 days" with an old favorite. E2e Outdoorsman body, Clicky tailcap, LF HO-E1R and a 16650. Light, slim in pocket, bright, and has enough runtime for most tasks. I used to have a 2-flats Outdoorsman body and it is missed. But this does nicely. :)

20200915_081908

Last edited:

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast

This is fun. Gorgeous light, Greg - and still a useful tool.

Today is day 2 for me. Today it's the Tana Triple Haiku. I actually have two of these and they are identical in every way, right down to the clip, except one is 4500k and the other 4000k. Bought the 4000k first and loved it. 4000k and warmer are typically my favorites. Like many flashaholics, "two is one and one is none", so when I picked up another Haiku host it was off to Bosnia-Herzegovina for another transformation by Tarik. Both are D220 219B, H17F + FET drivers, and sporting Ti2 Designs clips.

I actually prefer the 4500k (this one.) The driver is set with 2 banks of programming - 1 is moonlight, low and full blast, and the other is medium/full blast.

Beautiful, strong beams with tons of programming options all in the timeless Haiku host.

Eye candy (forgive the dust - this is a user - not a shelf queen. And the label is starting to peel, but I have a spare label if that ever becomes a bother to me. LOL)

chillinn

Flashlight Enthusiast

Love what Tana does, but nothing is tackier than that tape on a McGizmo Haiku head. Everyone leaves it there. Were it mine, I'd find someone to engrave that info, which I suppose is not easy to do on a curved Ti surface.

archimedes

Flashaholic

Love what Tana does, but nothing is tackier than that tape on a McGizmo Haiku head. Everyone leaves it there. Were it mine, I'd find someone to engrave that info, which I suppose is not easy to do on a curved Ti surface.

I understand your point, but tape is easy to remove and/or replace. Personally, I would not want a bunch of info permanently engraved onto my light.

Most of my lights are labeled, but I change dropins and light engines pretty frequently :shrug:

chillinn

Flashlight Enthusiast

Well, the idea would be to compress that mouthful of info with clever abbreviation, something that would look better engraved, "Tana 3x219b 4.5kK 3A," leave the rest off maybe. Honestly, I was exaggerating. I'd just pull the tape and keep the info written down somewhere else, use a different clip than all my other Haiku (so many now I have lost count! In my dreams!), and that would make it easy to instantly distinguish it.

And btw, no offense intended for Tana, run4jc, and pretty much every other owner of a Tana. And I do not mean to imply I have taste. I just prefer to wear my tape on my face.

Last edited:

nbp

Flashaholic

It's kinda a throwback to Milky, I suppose. People left his tape on too.

nbp

Flashaholic

It's still less print than has been lasered into some lights I've gotten from across the pond. Lol

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast

Day 3. Today's carry is an aluminum Okluma DC1. A very special light. Oh, it's not fancy in looks, but it's rock solid in performance. Part of the attraction of owning an Okluma is Jeff Sapp. There are MANY reliable lights out there, and Oklumas rank with the best - but Jeff's customer service is right up there with the best of all of them. Maybe THE best.

This light has an engine that Jeff built for me to my requested specs. Copper pill, H17F driver, and 3 gorgeous "Andy Zhu" Nichia 219B SW35 R9080 emitters. The beam is just wonderful. Soft and warm and easy on the eyes. Colors just pop.

One of the things that Jeff does that I really appreciate is his treatment of the positive battery contact. I've seen many of these with springs, and that's fine, but this solid battery contact just seems more robust to me.

This is one workhorse of a light, and you can tell by looking at it that it hasn't been babied. I am the original owner and have had the light for about 3 years(?), and it has been carried in my pocket with my keys and change.

I always enjoy carrying this light - even with the copper pill it weighs only 3.5 ounces.

chillinn

Flashlight Enthusiast

I really appreciate the contributors posting images of their awesome lights, even if it makes me envious.

These really aren't rotation, I don't really rotate. I carry one, but grab others as needed for the task. But as of today, I'll probably be rotating the SC5c II for days, and SC53c for nights, unless, again, I need something else for whatever reason.

disclaimer: it is not that I can't compose or take a picture. The problem I have is a lack of choreography. My hands shake, making this a precarious domino set up.

ROhIXpk.jpg

L to R
1) Surefire M3 head with Tad Customs M3 socket & FM1794, Leef 18650 w/ 2x KeepPower 3.7V IMR18350 1200mAh, Lumens Factory Seraph tail cap w/ Lightsaver Miser switch
2) Surefire Elite head, Tad Customs E socket & A6010, Surefire E2L AA DSS w/ 2x Exell 3.2V LFP14500 600mAh, Lumens Factory z54 tail cap w/ McClicky switch
3) Surefire Elite head, MN02, fivemega E head E tail w/ KeepPower 3.7V IMR18350 1200mAh, Surefire z52 twisty switch
4) Surefire Elite head, Tad Customs E socket & A3718, Vital Gear twisty w/ AW 3.7V IMR16340 550mAh
5) Zebralight SC62c w/ AW 3.7V IMR18650 3000mAh
6) Zebralight SC5c II w/ standard AA Eneloop LE Botanic 1900mAh
7) Zebralight SC53c w/ standard AA Eneloop LE Botanic 1900mAh
8) Maratac AAA Cool White 3rd Gen w/ standard AAA Eneloop 750mAh
9) ThruNite TiS Vinh Cree XP-E R2 630nm Red w/ standard AAA Fujitsu 750 mAh

Last edited:

chillinn

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thank you, scout24! Not much to it, but it worked out well. I think the Seraph tail cap really brings it together. Still missing the stainless bezel replacement. And it is really only about a 24 minute light on high, at extreme best, usually keep it to 20 minutes. I need a Leef 2x 18650 M head C tail tube.

scout24

Flashaholic

I don't think I've ever had a 4 cell SF M head build. I do have a pair of Fivemega 2x18650 bodies with C head/ C tail though. Maybe an adapter and an M3 head? Hmmm... :)

Today entailed a seven hour round trip drive to pick up some things that were near and dear to my Wife, so in addition to my "car light", (Streamlight Polytac X with a couple spare older 18650 cells and a 123 dummy cell to run it on single primaries if need be) I carried The Light That Gets You Home. My HDS Panda Rotary. Rock solid bomb proof, runs on anything that fits, and will work as a Clicky if for some reason the tail ceased to be able to function. This is a regular in my rotation, so no surprises today.

20200916_145503

ma tumba

Flashlight Enthusiast

Not really a rotation but I have ended up using those (the first one is the most used one, etc)

1. sf e1e with a mule head made by dafabricata and tana's super LE with 6x optisolis: 3x 5000k and 3x 6500k - fantastic high noon tint with zero tint shift

2. ultrafire u-f10 zoomie with a single 6500k optisolis, driven by lexel 3amp driver with custom mode banks, bored for 18350

3. sf A2 with fivemega strion horwire bulb/adapter and multimode calipsoii ring with 2x yuji 3200K and 1x yuji 5600k

4. emisar d4 with nichia 219c

5. fivemega 3x 18350 host with his 11v axial bulb and aw softstart in sf tail

6. fivemega 2x 18350 host with 5D mag bulb and miser guts in sf tail

7. sf m6 with fivemega 7v/3a axial bulb in his m6 tower adapter and phd-6 regulated battery holder

scout24

Flashaholic

Day three here. Triple Time... :) This is a special light to me, and it's coming into it's season as fall and longer nights approach. Single 18650 and no "flamethrower" levels programmed in the interest of runtime. A compact, long-running light that can run on pretty much anything that fits with appropriate programming. Great beam, awesome clip, and tailstands like a champ. A treat to use... :thumbsup:

20200917_100808

chillinn

Flashlight Enthusiast

Really want one of those heads. Glad their still available, but I just can't afford it.

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast

Day 4 for me. This is a very, very special light. I purchased it second hand here on CPF. It is an HDS Rotary, Executive, Flush, NB4. Actually the emitter is one of Andy Zhu's special Nichia 219B, SW40, R9080. The beam is just awesome. Colors pop - it's soft and easy to look at. The tint has just a tiny bit of rosy color to it and I'm a big fan of that. YMMV. There's lint on the lens...I don't care - this is a user.

Greg carried his SS40 Panda yesterday - I'll carry mine tomorrow - and it's really close for me which tint I prefer, but if forced to pick I'd have to pick this one. It's a tie for my favorite alongside yesterday's SW35 Okluma.

I look for excuses to use this light. It, like all HDS lights, just exudes quality. The flexibility of the interface is awesome. And that beam....