A Budget Headlamp if I've Seen One!

LeanBurn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good review and good to see a reviewer who tells how it is, how they got the product and how impartial they are.

....I see what you did there at the end....Good Lux !

PartyPete

Enlightened
The WowTac/Atactical line up is an amazing bang for your buck. I'm curious which direction they go next, they have a few handheld lights and now a headlamp. I wonder if they will stick with a small catalog of lights or expand further.

Bourbon City

Newly Enlightened
Wow! I too think that is a good deal. I use the Thrunite TH20 that I paid $30.00 for and I thought that was good. I love Thrunite products. But this one, beats mine for the Dollar spent. Great find, if you ask me.

zorobabel

Newly Enlightened
@vestureofblood Do you have a photo with the A2 headlamp touching a wall and illuminating it, so we can see the spill angle?

eh4

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like that it comes with an 18650 with its own micro usb charging circuit in the battery, this along with the price and useful levels makes the light seem like a good option for giving to someone who isn't necessarily gung ho about lights and managing yet another battery, but who could use a better light.
Since the head swivels independently of the body, I guess that the body won't be doing as much heat sinking as it would otherwise.

Poppy

Flashaholic
vob,
Once again, nice review.
In response to your post, I think that the Crelant CH10 is a good deal for a head-lamp.
It can be had for less than $25 with a NW option.
It has a nice combination of flood and throw.
Doesn't over tax the battery even on high, so it gets decent runtimes. It's max is 460 lumens with an XML2 led.
It has two programmable modes and a hidden blinky.

It is comfortable to wear, and runs an 18650.

Last edited:

zorobabel

Newly Enlightened
For anyone that cares, I've asked Wowtac whether it can take 2 CR123A batteries and they said no, accepted voltage for the A2 is 2.75V to 4.2V.