A Five Foot Flashlight

Tegan's Dad

Newly Enlightened
Yet again, flashlights bring good family fun and quality time. This is a prime example of why it has become a hobby for so many of us!

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Yet again, flashlights bring good family fun and quality time. This is a prime example of why it has become a hobby for so many of us!

It's odd, but certain specific items do seem to attract certain types. (And with certain other items, not the type of folks one wants to deal with.)

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's odd, but certain specific items do seem to attract certain types. (And with certain other items, not the type of folks one wants to deal with.)

Very true. I'll just stick with the good people flashlights attract ;)

HighlanderNorth

Flashlight Enthusiast
How is it supported? Is there like shoulder straps that hold the weight on her shoulders inside, or does it just rest on her shoulders at the arm holes? I would think that it might become uncomfortable after she has walked around with it on for a little while and may chafe her shoulders if its just being supported by the arm holes laying on her shoulders, so maybe attaching some comfortable shoulder straps from an old backpack inside the tube that can carry the weight, so that its more comfortable and she doesnt have to keep taking it off while walking around. Maybe even add a belt loop support as well.

Hornet

Newly Enlightened
Well it's done. I did ad a strap to go over her shoulders but it is normally cold when we trick or treat so she will have a winter coat on so it will cushion for her shoulders. If its warm I will ad some foam pipe wrap on the top of the holes to ad the cushion. The coat will make it snug and also help support it. We were going to paint her face black for the full effect but mom wouldn't let us do it tonight.

Its been a fun project to do with her plus she has learned that flashlights and duct tape are a lot of fun

Sorry for the bad photos just had my phone

Here she is a little happier

flash-1.jpg

The reflector

reflect.jpg

And the beam shot.

beam.jpg

Hornet

Newly Enlightened
We also cut a full foot off the bottom and got orange pants. Now she can walk. Still cant sit but we just do one road so that wont be a problem.

Juggernaut

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd send her back, too much of a bluish hue. :laughing::duck:On a stillunserious note, I got really scared when I saw the title; I thought my world'slongest flashlight had been beaten out:sweat:!

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
:twothumbs: Great work. I vote for best halloween costume of the year (or best ever, depending on available categories) :) Now to wait for SelfBuilt's review :popcorn: This project is definitely putting my sig line to the test.