• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired AAA-LS Brass lights, HA heads - Last few left!

HVAC

Newly Enlightened
Re: Brass LS AAA lights - Make me an offer!

Just recieved mine today, it's awsome /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif.

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Re: FS: BRASS AAA-Luxeon & Arc AAA-LS mods

[ QUOTE ]
MrMom said:
PM sent for a brass LS-AAA...for a great man.

[/ QUOTE ]

Naturally. Just look at his avatar... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

AW

Newly Enlightened

Anything left with Arc AAA body ?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

SilverFox

Flashaholic

Hello Dave,

When I first saw this offer, I asked myself "Who would want a square beam?"

Since you were offering a brass version, I decided to give it a try.

I still get comments about the square beam, but I have been carrying them with me for the last month and have gotten quite use to it. There are a lot of times when a flood type beam is best for close up work, but I have found that there are just as many times when a small spot works better.

I love the tint. Very white (with a golden halo) and the spot is great for looking in cracks and behind and under furniture. The spot is tight, so it is not a good general walking light, but more of an area of interest light. It has good throw as well.

I have had two "problems" with my lights.

My Saft NiMh AAA's did not seem to make good contact at first. I tried several primary cells with no problems, but when I used the NiMh's the light flickered. At the risk of breaking the light, I tightened down a bit harder and everything worked fine. I have been using it in this way and everything still works. It is a bit hard to turn completely on "one handed" but is very manageable. This is not an issue with primary cells and may not be an issue with other NiMh cells, but I have not tried other cells.

The second issue was with the beam back spill from the ball. I found that by putting my thumb over the edge of the light, or holding it out a bit in front of me, this was no longer an issue.

All in all, a great modification.

Thanks.

Tom

d'mo

Enlightened

AW - PM sent.

Silverfox - There should be no problems tightening the heads down by hand, even very tight. The only worries I have would be to tighten them down with a pair of pliers. If anything happens, you can always send it back for rebuilding. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

If you want I can either add a bit of solder to the positive battery contact so your NiMh batteries will make contact without having to stuff foil into the tube.

If you wouldn't mind a little wider beam, I can recess the lens a bit to cut down on that backspill. I've done this several times upon request and certainly would not mind doing this again. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Charlie - Thanks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Latest posts