AAAAHHH! TOO MANY LIGHTS!!!

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
This title is a damn, boldfaced LIE! How could it be possible to have too many lights???!!!

Stefan

Enlightened
Keep in mind the insults that the title is suggesting. A few people here are either modders or flashlight manufacturers. To them its another thing. Think of yourself as a car salesman, and all the perspective buyer wants to do is window shop. You make no money that way. Many of the modders here don't want their sales to stop.

Just my 2 cents.

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
Charles
I was just joking around, I'm having fun & I hope others
are too. I shuold be more careful too, but that's not as
much fun. Best wishes.

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
No problem, Hoghead. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif It is just that some of us can't buy an expensive light on a whim (as much as we would like to). Neither can we be eaten alive by expensive batteries.

As a result, I look at LED lights, and my choices thus far, have not disappointed me.

The problem, of course, is that I could not give up any of my lights. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

I my collect (so far):

Flashlights: 12

Headlamps: 7 (includes Arc LS headlamp mod)

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hoghead, the headlamp mod was made by Silviron. It is a modified Rayovac 'Adult' 4AA headlamp, the was rewired for 3 volt series/parallel, and the front was butchered, then a stub was used for mounting the Arc LS head.

With the upcoming LS4, I am thinking of a headlamp mounting system for that. It would be a bracket the the light is inserted into and clamped. This could be mounted to either a PT headlamp Replacement strap (includes base plate), or to a blade mount. Unfortunately, I have neither the tools nor skills to do this.

Even current model Arc LSes could be mounted this way (123 pack aka TSP-123).

JOshooter

Enlightened
After my father introduced me to this board I have received many flashlights as "gifts"...(I think he is trying to brainwash me) Anyway I just recently turned on my 3D Cell MagLight and "WOW THAT SUCKS!" ran through my head imediately. I guess that I will never turn back to anything that bulky when an Arc-LS is handheld and deliveres a much greater blow. Is this everything spelled correctly, I can't see now./ubbthreads/images/graemlins/drool.gif

asdalton

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
hideo said:
Hoghead, this forum definitely encourages excess ... all you have to do to break this vicious cycle is just sell the ones you haven't used in awhile ...

[/ QUOTE ]

I've actually had success with this strategy. My Brinkmann Rebel, Trek 7, Eternalight Ergo, and two versions of Arc LS (I now own the LSH-P) have all been sold on eBay. Selling flashlights has just encouraged me to buy more in the long run, however.

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
asdalton
I haven't sold any yet, but I might have to. My family is
pretty well stocked up on lights & I'm not sure what I'm
going to do with the surplus. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hahaha.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Josh

Flashlight Enthusiast
Flashlights..... atleast it's not crack. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

Pi_is_blue

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't have any Surefires yet, so if anyone wants do donate on to the Get My Greedy Little Hands on a Surefire fund, PM me! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
No Surefire or Arc yet /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif
Thinking about a few Arc AAA lights for Christmas, just spotted a Solitaire on the boss' keychain. Must keep the Micro Illuminator hidden from her until I get her an Arc.
There is no such thing as too many lights.... it is just the lack of excuses. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hahaha.gif

EMPOWERTORCH

Enlightened
Hi there... back again after a fortnight's absense....
Its alright having all these torches... its where to keep them! I live in a small mobile home and I have torches hanging everywhere! Then there's the batteries to feed them on! Torchaholism can be fun, and doesn't need to cost a lot, unless you have 75 torches!