Ahhhhh come on! Is there NO love for Sunwayman ?

Napalm

Enlightened
Sunywayman on the other hand, is specifically targeted for the US market with their products, ...

I guess you're overestimating the US market. It buys on these criteria:

- price
- is it widely advertised / recognized brandname
- price
- was it featured on Oprah
- price
- is it regarded as being "cool" by your peers
- price
- is it widely available, including at the closest supermart and corner gas station
- price

I can't see how SWM answers to these. Note that some of their models are available in Europe and Asia for some time now but no show in North America.

Look at the chargers market too. Lots of good ones for Asia/Europe, while N.A. is a place to dump the junk models.

Nap.

flame2000

Enlightened
Some mentioned that the US got too many patents to protect their American manufacturers products and prevented other manufacturers of competitive products from entering the US markets. I was asking why duracell could not sell their lithium primary there and was informed that energizer had a patent which prevents other competitive products from entering their market. So I guess Europe or Asian markets may sometimes be the first to lay their hands on certain products. Pls Correct me if I'm wrong. :)

Norm

Retired Administrator
Sunywayman on the other hand, is specifically targeted for the US market with their products, and, please I don't mean any offense to anyone, but the name Sunwayman just screams "cheap Chinese junk"

From Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet, 1600:

JULIET:
'Tis but thy name that is my enemy;
Thou art thyself, though not a Montague.
What's Montague? it is nor hand, nor foot,
Nor arm, nor face, nor any other part
Belonging to a man. O, be some other name!
What's in a name? that which we call a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet;
So Romeo would, were he not Romeo call'd,
Retain that dear perfection which he owes
Without that title. Romeo, doff thy name,
And for that name which is no part of thee
Take all myself.

Norm

Latest posts