Am I CRAZY or is SUREFIRE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vernon

Enlightened
Am I going crazy here? It appears that Surefire has significantly raised the prices on most, if not all, of their lights? At first glance, it looks like a 25% to 35% price increase across the board.

http://www.surefire.com/Flashlights

$189 E2DL?
$160 E1B?
$575 M3LTS?

Come on? I'm a Surefire collector and don't mind paying a premium, but this seems like a mistake or something. Maybe they fired a web designer and this is their last laugh before leaving?

Can anyone weigh in here?

Last edited:

mossyoak

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Southland with a RedBull in one hand and iPhon
Am I going crazy here? It appears that Surefire has significantly raised the prices on most, if not all, of their lights? At first glance, it looks like a 25% to 35% price increase across the board.

http://www.surefire.com/Flashlights

$189 E2DL?
$160 E1B?
$575 M3LTS?

Come on? I'm a Surefire collector and don't mind paying a premium, but this seems like a mistake or something. Maybe they fired a web designer and this is their last laugh before leaving?

Can anyone weigh in here?

Prices go up.

twl

Flashlight Enthusiast
I read some comments about a month or so ago, that something like this was going to take place in April.
Perhaps now it is here.

I think they are going to find out a very hard lesson.

Kestrel

Flashaholic
This topic was covered rather well in two prior threads this year - in fact, folks enjoyed them so much that both had to be closed.
I would recommend reading both of those threads prior to rehashing this topic yet again.

shantsn

Newly Enlightened
i found out about it 2 days ago when I decided to buy the G2x pro from REI ($75 gift card). I had been researching it for a couple days, and the night before I looked at it on their website and it was $65, the next day it jumped to $95. I checked around and it seems most places have also increased the prices.

now I'm back to researching...

Rej

Newly Enlightened
And note metal prices HAVE gone up by 10-20% since January, 2011....which may have an impact?
Besides, a bolstering economy does not help the little guy....:mecry:

Viper715

Enlightened
Inflation normaly goes up 3%. But have you been around the last two years I would say that inflation is well above that number. Fuel and precious metals have went up by about 10% in the last month or less.

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
Well it's nearly the end of the world and money will be useless very soon so might as well burn it up now while ya can.
:/
Wait that makes me the crazy one, hold on

richpalm

Banned
Well it's nearly the end of the world and money will be useless very soon so might as well burn it up now while ya can.
:/
Wait that makes me the crazy one, hold on

Yeah, but you're right... Weimar Republic coming soon!

No way I'd pay those prices for Surefires, period.

mfrey

Enlightened
That has been my philosophy also. Inflation is coming in a big way. I've been buying what I need before the dollar crashes. By relative comparison, these Surefire prices won't seem so excessive when a gallon of milk at Walmart is $10 or more.

Vernon

Enlightened
What are the chances we could aim this thread away from economics (I know, I started it with the "inflation" comment)? Comments on the current state of our economy could be a slippery slope as we all know. Instead, maybe we could discuss the value of Surefire lights to each of us as it relates to this incredible price increase. I run a large business and would value candid comments from my best customers.

So, do you think Surefire made a sound decision with this increase? Does this change your purchasing habits for Surefire? Will you be less likely or more likely to buy a Surefire?

I had a hard time finding those other threads about this topic, so Admins, please feel free to give us some guidance if this thread is a repeat. Thanks.

mfrey

Enlightened
I agree but with the caveat that general economic trends have bearing upon Surefire's practices and outlook, both of which affect its pricing. Surefire doesn't exist in an economic bubble. In that regard, general comments are valid in that they might help to provide possible explanation for Surefire's price increase.

Status
Not open for further replies.