Amber HDS?

jarobi

Enlightened
In. Amber is *the* best color light clipped to the bill of a cap for night fishing. Better depth perception for tying line and far fewer Stuka skeeter sorties, as compared to red.

klackey

Enlightened
Intrested, any chance of these "getting screwed" ? :)

I would so love to be able to add a clip.

Any more concreate ETA of getting "screwed" ?

Last edited:

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Intrested, any chance of these "getting screwed" ? :)

I would so love to be able to add a clip.

Any more concreate ETA of getting "screwed" ?

I would say at a minimum, a Henry two-months. It's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay out there. It's so far out there, I'm not even sure I will still be alive for it... the getting screwed part.

The amber... I'm hoping before Christmas.

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Will these be on the site or is this the "list" thread?

They will be on the sight. I don't do group buys anymore and I am quite happy about that!

I will announce when we finally have them available. I'm hoping by the end of the month... mid December at the latest.

Commodorefirst

Newly Enlightened
They will be on the sight. I don't do group buys anymore and I am quite happy about that!

I will announce when we finally have them available. I'm hoping by the end of the month... mid December at the latest.

just dawned on this old fart that this would make a great deer hunting light...since rifle season opens up soon here in Misssouri. Hmmm. Got me thinking now about Amber.

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just checking in.....don't want to miss the boat.

Thinking it should be a Hogo 1 week... so next Monday the 9th. If not, Hogo will be very unhappy... I'm actually unhappy they were not ready today when I got into HDS, but I will be even more unhappy if they are not ready in a week.

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
These are a special run. It took some convincing to get Henry to agree as there are not a lot of Dark Adaption Red, Hunter Green, or Forensic Blue going out the door. Have quite a few of the IR going out, but those are mostly military orders. We have no plans to make the Amber a standard offering.

INFRNL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Will this be a special run, or will they be regularly available after this?
I would say it's going to be a limited run as with everything else. Maybe if there is enough interest, Hogo might do a second run at a later time, similar to the UV light...IDK

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would say it's going to be a limited run as with everything else. Maybe if there is enough interest, Hogo might do a second run at a later time, similar to the UV light...IDK

That is always a possibility if there is interest. I know I want one of the Ambers.
With the group buys, there usually ended up two for the same emitter... sometimes months apart.
My job is just to convince Henry to do it... and I'm getting pretty good at that.

Johnnyh

Enlightened
I've got an Amber (Nichia E17A) Jetbeam AAA that I got on a BLF group buy that has been sitting in its packaging since I got it. Turned it on once and thought I really had no use for it. (I bought it by accident actually....long boring story)...anyways, this thread has me thinking...I just got it out and will be playing with it...Maybe by the 6th I'll come to appreciate what amber can do!

INFRNL

Flashlight Enthusiast
That is always a possibility if there is interest. I know I want one of the Ambers.
With the group buys, there usually ended up two for the same emitter... sometimes months apart.
My job is just to convince Henry to do it... and I'm getting pretty good at that.
that's for sure, you have brought us way more than could be imagined:thumbsup:
I've got an Amber (Nichia E17A) Jetbeam AAA that I got on a BLF group buy that has been sitting in its packaging since I got it. Turned it on once and thought I really had no use for it. (I bought it by accident actually....long boring story)...anyways, this thread has me thinking...I just got it out and will be playing with it...Maybe by the 6th I'll come to appreciate what amber can do!
I have no interest either but i would like to see some beamshots when they get to those that plan to order. I barely have a need for a flashlight, let alone a special LED. It's nice for those that do have a use for specialty items like this though. I haven't even used the UV rotary i bought. I played around with it one time for a couple of minutes. Was shining around the garage and at the emitters of HDS lights (part of a test in determining cw vs neutral)

anyway, curious to see the results of these amber lights when they arrive

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I haven't even used the UV rotary i bought. I played around with it one time for a couple of minutes. Was shining around the garage and at the emitters of HDS lights (part of a test in determining cw vs neutral)

Move to Southern Arizona...
This uninvited house guest was spotted on November 20th lounging in the bathroom. I put him in a glass while I boiled water and melted butter. Crazy little lobsters.

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have no interest either but i would like to see some beamshots when they get to those that plan to order.
I sometimes use particular Colors, depending on the situation. I am big fan of the Surefire Kroma. It is still today my flashlight on my bedside table. I also think if there is time that someone digs a hole and throws me into this hole, my Kroma will be with me. :) It is the bravest flashlight I have.

If I am on vacation I always have a flashlight with me that has white and red (or amber) light. Red / amber light preserves the night visibility. Also the Surefire yellow-green has this capability. Therefore Red, Amber and (Yellow-) Green is useful to me. Blue is only in case I would like to Play my own Episode of CSI. I also do not know if I ever buy a blue HDS...

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are they dangerous, if they sting? Or are they only kind of annoying? I do not know a lot about Scorpions in Arizona therefore my question.

Tree bark scorpions are pretty common here. The sting can pretty painful... and is unlike a bee sting. Kind of like an electrical charge. It is just about unheard of for anyone to die from a sting... I think there have only been 2 deaths in Arizona dating back to the late 60's.

I got stung in the shoulder once and after a couple minutes of severe pain, the scorpion died.