American warranty policies?

fubar

Newly Enlightened
4Sevens Warranty Nightmare

Further to this post: https://www.candlepowerforums.com/posts/3020662

I bought an Eagletac light which went faulty after very little use, sent it back to Eagletac who received it on 1st July 2009, I only received it back from them on 24th August which is eight weeks later, quite a long time. They fixed the head unit and sent it back to me however it is not working, the contacts are faulty meaning the light flashes on briefly if you wiggle it around.

No doubt it is going to have to go back for another eight weeks and a repair, the last thing I want is a faulty light that will fail on me. It is now almost September, I am at work on nights with no EDC. Anyone suggest how I can get my money back?

Art Vandelay

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: 4Sevens Warranty Nightmare

You could ask for it. Have you done that? 4sevens is one of the best dealers in my experience.

fubar

Newly Enlightened

I did try the first time and was told that out of the 30 days, the best they could offer was a repair. Think I shall be a lit more resilient and insist I get my money back.

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast

Doubt that would help. I was in a similar situation (10 or 11 weeks, but at least it was fixed), they even refuse to give me a store credit.

Greg G

Enlightened

Mod it!:devil:

It would be my bet it is something simple, like with the switch. I have bought a several different lights that did not have the switch retaining ring tightened, which prevented the light from working.

I recently bought a pill from a vendor here on the board and it worked intermittently. It took the driver out and looked at it.... sure enough, there was a solder joint that had not been done right and it broke loose. That was an easy fix.

Which model is it by the way?

jp2515

Flashlight Enthusiast

Doubt that would help. I was in a similar situation (10 or 11 weeks, but at least it was fixed), they even refuse to give me a store credit.

:eek::eek::eek:

Damn! 11 weeks? That's a real long time. Might as well send it back to the factory yourself at that rate. (I knows its under warranty but that is still totally ludicrous)

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast

:eek::eek::eek:

Damn! 11 weeks? That's a real long time. Might as well send it back to the factory yourself at that rate. (I knows its under warranty but that is still totally ludicrous)

Yeah, I told them (47) hey look, I know it's broken and you know it's broken, just give me a replacement since you refused refund or store credit. But no, I have to wait till the factory receive the broken light, send them a replacement, then send it to me.

Really awful experience and pretty much doused my enthusiasm in flashlights.

Greg G

Enlightened
A *real* Flashaholic* has too many lights to account for off the top of his head. :D One MIA for awhile doesn't cause any anxiety.

Seriously, don't let this sour you on flashlights. Just vote with your wallet and go elsewhere. I've had to do that with 3 vendors.

vb14

Newly Enlightened
Since you did everyhing possible from your end, and still ended up with a faulty product, looks like a "jeer" is in order. I just noticed that things gets resolved quickly there. Although prepare to be flamed a little

Like I said in my previous post, CC dispute is your best allie. I have filed one more than 3 months after getting charged. Call your credit card. The worst they can do is say "no". Whether Online or "brick and mortar" store, if I see a problem within the 1st 30 days (or whatever it is that products can still be returned), I will try to return it. You can always buy the same product anytime. If the store says they can only repair it, cc dispute will be the next step. So far, my success rate on this is 100%. I don't even bother with paypal dispute.

Latest posts