Amilite is unbelievable

Kalle

Newly Enlightened
@Kiessling: Quickbeams review site= flashlightreviews.com?
This is a great site!!! I know it since about 3 months and it was me a big help for buying the one or other flashlight.

brightnorm

Flashaholic
onthebeam said:
The Amilite is the same height of the pocket Caribbean. But the head is wider, the same width of the Mediterrenean or CPF special. It's quite a bit brighter than the Caribbean and just as white. Quite a bit cheaper, too, especially if you can still get the group buy price. "Significantly" brighter is in the eyes of the beholder, so let us know what you think. It is easy to twist with one hand while the Caribbean is not as easy. Hope that helps, Brightnorm.
Thanks for the description, I'm looking forward to it. I must say, however, that after I wrapped a 1/4" wide strip of black skateboard tape around the head of my Caribbean (any similarly grippy adhesive-backed tape will do) and lubed the o-ring it is extremely easy to turn it between thumb and index finger.

In fact it is so easy and smooth that I actually find it easier and more convenient to switch on and off one-handed than most of my other lights. Seriously, I believe that if you try this you will be pleasantly surprised by its unexpectedly convenient functionality. Perhaps your Caribbean has an unusually tight-fitting head? At any rate, I wouldn't push this "mod" if I wasn't enthusiastic about it.

The Amilite should be here in a few days, though the holiday crush may slow down the mail.

Brightnorm

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
well, I did the same with my PM6 3w.... I wd40'd the threads, and it turned like a charm.

-David