An Even Brighter Key Chain Flashlight Mod!

jayrob

Enlightened
Another cool mod for this great Key Chain host! :)

This time it is using a huge, super bright 'Blue' LED with a very narrow beam (10 degree), and a 10280 battery...

MCBlue1.jpg

MCBlue2.jpg

MCBlue3.jpg

The wall in the beam shot is 30' away! This sucker is so bright that it just about has a beam at night! If the beam was any narrower, it would be a 473nm laser! :cool:
Jay

Patriot

Flashaholic
That was already sweet little pocket blaster but that tiny reflector mod is trick!!

Nice work jayrob :twothumbs

jayrob

Enlightened
Thanks man! :)

I am kind of proud of the reflector mod...

That thing is tiny! But it still throws!

MCBL20.jpg

It's amazing that all that stuff fits into the head. There's the heatsink, emitter, reflector, and glass lens...
Jay

Last edited:

lumafist

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow Jay...!

That blue gigantoLED got me going...!
Could the top be blasted/sanded to get rid of artifacts...?
Or buffed with steelwool maybe....

Allso one question: the host, is it sturdy...?
will it hold up on a keychain and brake apart...?

Last edited:

jayrob

Enlightened
I haven't messed with trying to buff the LED or anything. But it is huge! 10mm's. So it would be easy to work on...

I am overdriving it at 75mA's. But this is with a fresh charged battery. It is rated for 20mA's. So we will see how long it lasts. They are cheap and easy to replace anyway.

As far as the host. It is very sturdy. It is made of solid brass. That's why (as you can tell), I like this host so much. Did you check out the laser mods (with driver) that I did with the same host? (linked at the bottom of my first post)
Jay

Last edited:

lumafist

Flashlight Enthusiast
I haven't messed with trying to buff the LED or anything. But it is huge! 10mm's. So it would be easy to work on...

As far as the host. It is very sturdy. It is made of solid brass. That's why (as you can tell), I like this host so much. Did you check out the laser mods (with driver) that I did with the same host? (linked at the bottom of my first post)
Jay

Very nice!

Yes, I checked it out and the site aswell...:cool:

Bimmerboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Your mods are fantastic, Jay! I love your keychain lights (especially this latest with the reflector mod), and small laser builds, and hope to snatch up some of your stuff after I get present projects done.

Last edited:

jayrob

Enlightened
Thanks man!:)

Too bad these key chain lights are so much work to mod like this...

But they are really awesome. I don't think the 10280 batteries are available anymore either??

The host will fit a 10180, but the 10280 battery will give you about twice the capacity...
Jay

Last edited: