Any ax grinders out there(guitar)..........?

tiktok 22

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just got a new Peavey EVH Wolfgang quitar(flame top). Man this thing rocks. Just wondering what anybody else out there plays? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

MenaceSQL

Enlightened
I had a custom shop Fender Strat a couple years back but I sold it since at the time I couldn't get any music to come out the other end. It was a beauty. Flamed maple top on a natural finish based on the 1954 strat model, all gold hardware and vintage pickups.

Now, I'm a bit better and ready for another real axe. Thinking about an Ernie Ball/Music Man Petrucci Model or the Washburn N4. If only the N4 comes with an optional Piezo pickup like the EB/MM. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've got a pretty nice acoustic/electric, but so far my performance is pretty much limited to singing dirty folks songs towards the end of parties /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif But some day I still hope to be a rock star /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

pedalinbob

Flashlight Enthusiast
sounds sweet--i hear they play VERY nice!

i have 2 electrics: a stock American Malmsteen strat, and an ibanez RG470 with EMG 81/85.

havent played much in the last 2 years...boy, am i rusty!!!

Bob

jtice

Flashaholic
I also play. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Although I havent played in a while now, I have not really had the time.
I am getting rusty. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

I was mainly into playing the heavier stuff, Tool, Metallica, Pantera, etc.
I also made up alot of my own stuff, too bad I forget most of it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Anyway, heres my Axe.

Iceman_Guitar.jpg

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I used to play an electric bass axe a long, long time ago, but it got left with a friend in Alaska in the mid-1980s when I moved to Washington. Haven't played an axe since.
I don't remember who made it, if it was fretted or fretless, or even how many strings it had (I think 4), but it was predominantly shiny black with some smooth fades to a shiny dark red on its body, and the neck was black.
And it had that characteristic "electric guitar" shape to it; forgot what it was called.

My dad has a couple of Iorio Accorgans and a bunch of amps for them, so I think I plugged my axe into one of his Leslie amps that used vaccum tubes and had a really big speaker - after all, this was a bass axe, not a regular one. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Negeltu

Enlightened
I play a Washburn Mercury Series electric...Still have an Ibanez 7 string universe. Accoustic...I play a taylor... Amp...I use a Johnson Millenium Head...and a Line 6 AxSys 212

tiktok 22

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Negeltu,

How did you like your 7-string? My personally, I found playing one was like playing a fencepost. It was just to wide. Couldn't get comfy with it.

Hi Jtice,

Nice iceman!!

Negeltu

Enlightened
ROFL... yeah.. it does feel like playing a fence post or a huge a$$ wood plank...lol You get use to it though. Opens up great opportunities for some serious modal runs.. or extended modal arpeggios.

tsg68

Flashlight Enthusiast
I used to play a little, I was a finisher for Paul Reed Smith Guitars for a few years back in the early factory days (mid to late ' 80's) Had two, one custom semi hollow body, beautiful quilted maple top and headstock, teal stain (mixed by me) sig series with my name on it, and one bolt on with custom factory finish ( again done by me) sold both since. If I find my custom again some day, I'll buy it back (If I can afford it, cause it sure won't be worth what I paid for it as an employee).

TSG /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

tiktok 22

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi tsg68,

I tried out a few PRS models(Santana & singlecut trem) before I made the plunge. I like them alot, and them seem to be in pretty high demand.

Latest posts