Any dog owners around?

ChocolateLab33

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nikki & Bailey

Nikki is the Chocolate Lab
Bailey is a Miniature Pinscher

Here's Nikki & Bailey eating their birthday cake.

Last edited:

Bob_G

Enlightened
Ready ...
Molly_013RA.jpg

Set ...
Molly-ball_031RRR.jpg

Snooze!
Molly1-21_001RR.jpg

Her name's Molly. Rescued her from a neglectful owner at 6 mos. She's 5 years old now and pretty happy to be a dog again.

bwaites

Flashlight Enthusiast
Molly looks like a Blue Healer/Shepherd mix. Pretty dog!

And Spas looks like a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, also a good looking dog, and pretty rare!

Bill

Last edited:

Nereus

Enlightened
Here are some additional photos of my labrador retriever Sulo (see post #1). No photoshopping in this photo, I just happened to have the flash turned on... Oh, did I remember to tell you that Sulo was acting in the movie Pet Cemetary? :D

DSCN0052_2.jpg

Sulo loves snow and can spend easily hours and hours in freezing -20 C temperature...
DSCN0483.jpg

DSCN0480.jpg

Absolutely great dog!

Bwaites, your photos are excellent and very high quality - kind of art I would say. I wish that I could take as good photos some day :)

-N

Last edited:

Bob_G

Enlightened
Thanks Bill. She's a pure cross of an ACD and Smooth Collie.

Blaze is gorgeous btw, my favorite one here so far. Amstaffs are great dogs if you raise them right.

jayke

Newly Enlightened
Here is our dog Autumn on the left and her friend Balthazar after getting out of the pool. They are both 4 years old.

IMG_0029.jpg

Joe

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great dogs everyone!

I have a rescued Lab/pit named smokey. It is great to come home to his greeting every night. I will get some pictures up later.

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast
pd.jpg

dog.jpg
dog2.jpg

dog3.jpg
dog4.jpg

Two rescues that I took in, one the owner was not able to keep him, the other was found injured and I cannot locate the owner after 2 years of searching.

The smallest dog is 55 pounds, I never thought I would actually have a dog that small. She is thought to be a Shep/Chow mix. Then there is the injured dog that was found, he is likely a Shep/Husky mix and is about 70 pounds. The next up in size is the Shep/Rott mix, she is 95 pounds, then there is the big boy at about 180. In the pictures they all look smaller than they really are, not sure why.

Last edited:

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Bwaits, I try my best to take care of them.

If I were wealthy I would probably have a private shelter and try save a few animals and try to find homes for as many as I could.

Last edited:

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well I have dog news.

Heidi, she is the Shep/Rott mix. Well she escaped last night and found a skunk. She in turn spread skunk oil to me and the house. I have cleaned her up and myself up but it was an all night morning effort to get rid of the smell of skunk. OH MY fresh skunk spray is bad.

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast
I went online to find what was good for skunk.

It said to mix Dawn dishsoap, hydrogen peroxide, and baking soda. It said not to premix or it would not work. Mix and use immediately. I also read that seperate that it would not work.

I used to formula three times on Heidi and myself.

I ended up using 3 quarts of peroxide, 3 boxes of baking soda, and a full container of dish soap.

Heidi in the group picture is the second to the last dog with the eyeshine.
In the individual pictures it looks like she has a bent nose but it isn't. In the group picture you can see that it is straight.

She has a tiny bit of odor left but it is weak now. The smell of dishsoap is still there a bit too. She is kind of mad at me for giving her three seperate baths in a row.

bwaites

Flashlight Enthusiast
Actually,

Once they've been sprayed they are more likely to be sprayed again. That pretty dog up in my post did it twice in 3 weeks!

They seem to remember and want revenge, and so attack again.

Bill